Words ending with ory
4 letter words ending with ory
- -ory — indicating a place for
- cory — any of various freshwater catfish belonging to the South American Corydoras genus
- dory — a boat with a narrow, flat bottom, high bow, and flaring sides.
- gory — covered or stained with gore; bloody.
- lory — any of several small, usually brilliantly colored Australasian parrots having the tongue bordered with a brushlike fringe for feeding on nectar and fruit juices.
5 letter words ending with ory
- amory — a male or female given name.
- emory — a masculine name: var. Emery; equiv. Ger. Emmerich, It. Amerigo
- flory — fleury.
- glory — very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by common consent; renown: to win glory on the field of battle.
- ivory — the hard white substance, a variety of dentin, composing the main part of the tusks of the elephant, walrus, etc.
6 letter words ending with ory
7 letter words ending with ory
- amatory — of, relating to, or inciting sexual love or desire
- anchory — ancré.
- castory — the dye derived from beaver pelts
- chicory — Chicory is a plant with crunchy bitter-tasting leaves. It is eaten in salads, and its roots are sometimes used instead of coffee.
- cursory — A cursory glance or examination is a brief one in which you do not pay much attention to detail.
8 letter words ending with ory
- additory — additional
- advisory — An advisory group regularly gives suggestions and help to people or organizations, especially about a particular subject or area of activity.
- aleatory — dependent on chance
- allegory — An allegory is a story, poem, or painting in which the characters and events are symbols of something else. Allegories are often moral, religious, or political.
- apospory — development of the gametophyte from the sporophyte without the formation of spores
9 letter words ending with ory
- accessory — Accessories are items of equipment that are not usually essential, but which can be used with or added to something else in order to make it more efficient, useful, or decorative.
- adulatory — If someone makes an adulatory comment about someone, they praise them and show their admiration of them.
- amphigory — a piece of nonsensical writing in verse or, less commonly, prose
- antistory — a story which does not conform to the established conventions of storytelling
- assertory — characterized by or relating to declaration or affirmation
10 letter words ending with ory
11 letter words ending with ory
- absolvitory — Of or pertaining to a dismissal or an acquittal.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- acquisitory — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
- aggregatory — formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
12 letter words ending with ory
13 letter words ending with ory
14 letter words ending with ory
- antiregulatory — opposed to regulation
- circumgyratory — characterized by circumgyration
- circumlocutory — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
- circumnutatory — relating to circumnutation
- circumrotatory — Turning, rolling, or whirling round.
15 letter words ending with ory
- dissatisfactory — causing dissatisfaction; unsatisfactory: dissatisfactory service.
- excommunicatory — Relating to excommunication.
- interjaculatory — expressed by interjaculating
- non-exculpatory — tending to clear from a charge of fault or guilt.
- noncompensatory — serving to compensate, as for loss, lack, or injury.
16 letter words ending with ory
- antiinflammatory — Alternative spelling of anti-inflammatory.
- circumnavigatory — Pertaining to circumnavigation.
- immunomodulatory — (medical) Having the ability to alter or regulate immune functions.
- immunoregulatory — Of or pertaining to immunoregulation.
- inter-laboratory — a building, part of a building, or other place equipped to conduct scientific experiments, tests, investigations, etc., or to manufacture chemicals, medicines, or the like.
17 letter words ending with ory
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
- nondiscriminatory — characterized by or showing prejudicial treatment, especially as an indication of bias related to age, color, national origin, religion, sex, etc.: discriminatory practices in housing; a discriminatory tax.
18 letter words ending with ory
- self-contradictory — an act or instance of contradicting oneself or itself.
19 letter words ending with ory
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ORY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 988 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ORY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.