Words ending with ort
3 letter words ending with ort
- ort — Usually, orts. a scrap or morsel of food left at a meal.
4 letter words ending with ort
- bort — an inferior grade of diamond used for cutting and drilling or, in powdered form, as an industrial abrasive
- dort — Dordrecht.
- fort — a strong or fortified place occupied by troops and usually surrounded by walls, ditches, and other defensive works; a fortress; fortification.
- hort — horticultural
- mort — a male given name, form of Mortimer or Morton.
5 letter words ending with ort
- abort — If an unborn baby is aborted, the pregnancy is ended deliberately and the baby is not born alive.
- amort — utterly dejected, depressed, lifeless or listless
- aport — on or towards the port side
- niort — a department in W France. 2338 sq. mi. (6055 sq. km). Capital: Niort.
- poort — (in South Africa) a steep narrow mountain pass, usually following a river or stream
6 letter words ending with ort
- apport — the production of objects by apparently supernatural means at a spiritualists' seance
- asport — the phenomena of the vanishing or removal of objects (by a spirit) and the subsequent reappearance in another location
- assort — to arrange or distribute into groups of the same type; classify
- besort — the type of company that is befitting
- cavort — When people cavort, they leap about in a noisy and excited way.
7 letter words ending with ort
- airport — An airport is a place where aircraft land and take off, which has buildings and facilities for passengers.
- alamort — exhausted, half-dead
- allport — Gordon W(illard) 1897–1967, U.S. psychologist and educator.
- awlwort — a small stemless aquatic plant, Subularia aquatica, of the N hemisphere, having slender sharp-pointed leaves and minute, often submerged, white flowers: family Brassicaceae (crucifers)
- belfort — a fortress town in E France: strategically situated in the Belfort Gap between the Vosges and the Jura mountains. Pop: 50 417 (1999)
8 letter words ending with ort
- backport — (software) To make a feature from a later version of a piece of software available in an earlier version. Backporting of features enables users of the older version to benefit from a feature without upgrading fully.
- beaufort — Henry. ?1374–1447, English cardinal, half-brother of Henry IV; chancellor (1403–04, 1413–17, 1424–26)
- beauport — city in S Quebec, Canada: suburb of Quebec City: pop. 73,000
- bellwort — any plant of the North American liliaceous genus Uvularia, having slender bell-shaped yellow flowers
- coalport — a white translucent bone china having richly coloured moulded patterns, made in the 19th century at Coalport near Shrewsbury
9 letter words ending with ort
- adderwort — the bistort, a herbaceous flowering plant, Polygonum bistorta, of the dock family
- alphasort — to arrange in alphabetical order
- birthwort — any of several climbing plants of the genus Aristolochia, esp A. clematitis of Europe, once believed to ease childbirth: family Aristolochiaceae
- bloodwort — a name given to a number of plants which have red leaves or roots, or which are popularly considered either to draw blood or to reduce bleeding
- bogo-sort — (algorithm, humour) /boh"goh-sort"/ (Or "stupid-sort") The archetypical perversely awful algorithm (as opposed to bubble sort, which is merely the generic *bad* algorithm). Bogo-sort is equivalent to repeatedly throwing a deck of cards in the air, picking them up at random, and then testing whether they are in order. It serves as a sort of canonical example of awfulness. Looking at a program and seeing a dumb algorithm, one might say "Oh, I see, this program uses bogo-sort." Also known as "monkey sort" after the Infinite Monkey Theorem. Compare brute force, Lasherism.
10 letter words ending with ort
- amersfoort — a town in the central Netherlands, in E Utrecht province. Pop: 131 000 (2003 est)
- barrenwort — a herbaceous European berberidaceous plant, Epimedium alpinum, having red-and-yellow star-shaped flowers
- bitterwort — yellow gentian.
- bridgeport — a port in SW Connecticut, on Long Island Sound. Pop: 139 664 (2003 est)
- butterwort — a plant of the genus Pinguicula, esp P. vulgaris, that grows in wet places and has violet-blue spurred flowers and fleshy greasy glandular leaves on which insects are trapped and digested: family Lentibulariaceae
11 letter words ending with ort
- bladderwort — any aquatic plant of the genus Utricularia, some of whose leaves are modified as small bladders to trap minute aquatic animals: family Lentibulariaceae
- cotransport — the transport of one solute across a membrane from a region of low concentration of another solute to a region of high concentration of that solute
- counterfort — a strengthening buttress at right angles to a retaining wall, bonded to it to prevent overturning or to increase its bending strength
- deflazacort — A glucocorticoid prodrug used as an anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant.
- newburyport — a city in NE Massachusetts.
12 letter words ending with ort
- life-support — of or relating to equipment or measures that sustain or artificially substitute for essential body functions, as breathing or disposal of body wastes: Without life-support equipment, the patient might die.
- self-support — the supporting or maintaining of oneself or itself without reliance on outside aid.
- thoroughwort — boneset.
- under-report — to give an insufficient account or report of
- williamsport — a city in central Pennsylvania, on the Susquehanna River.
13 letter words ending with ort
- containerport — a shipping port specially equipped to handle containerized cargo
- countereffort — an effort responding to, or retaliating against, another effort
- import-export — international trade and exchange of goods, products and services
- kennebunkport — a town in SW Maine: summer resort.
- opentransport — (networking) (OT) A complete reimplementation of all levels of the Macintosh networking code including "Classic" AppleTalk and MacTCP. It appeared in MacOS revision 7.5.3 [or earlier? Date?].
15 letter words ending with ort
- st.-john's-wort — any of various plants or shrubs of the genus Hypericum, having yellow flowers and transparently dotted leaves.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ORT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 430 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ORT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.