Words ending with onic
5 letter words ending with onic
- conic — having the shape of a cone
- ionic — Architecture. noting or pertaining to one of the five classical orders that in ancient Greece consisted of a fluted column with a molded base and a capital composed of four volutes, usually parallel to the architrave with a pulvinus connecting a pair on each side of the column, and an entablature typically consisting of an architrave of three fascias, a richly ornamented frieze, and a cornice corbeled out on egg-and-dart and dentil moldings, with the frieze sometimes omitted. Roman and Renaissance examples are often more elaborate, and usually set the volutes of the capitals at 45° to the architrave. Compare composite (def 3), Corinthian (def 2), Doric (def 3), Tuscan (def 2).
- monic — (of a polynomial) having the coefficient of the term of highest degree equal to 1.
- sonic — of or relating to sound.
- tonic — a medicine that invigorates or strengthens: a tonic of sulphur and molasses.
6 letter words ending with onic
- adonic — (in classical prosody) of or relating to a verse line consisting of a dactyl (– ◡ ◡) followed by a spondee (– –) or by a trochee (– ◡), thought to have been first used in laments for Adonis
- aeonic — lasting for an aeon
- agonic — forming no angle
- atonic — (of a syllable, word, etc) carrying no stress; unaccented
- axonic — of or relating to the long, single projection of nerve cells conducting nerve impulses away from the cell's body
7 letter words ending with onic
8 letter words ending with onic
- acetonic — Of, pertaining to, or producing acetone.
- achronic — Timeless.
- amnionic — Amniotic.
- anamonic — A mnemonic used for recalling lists of words, particularly in Scrabble, consisting of a \"stem\" of base letters and an accompanying phrase, each of whose letters can combine with the stem to form an anagram of a word.
- aniconic — (of images of deities, symbols, etc) not portrayed in a human or animal form
9 letter words ending with onic
10 letter words ending with onic
- acrophonic — the use of what was originally a logogram as a phonetic symbol for the initial sound of the word the logogram represented, as, in Semitic writing, the use of a picture of a shepherd's crook to represent the sound (l), the first sound of lamed, the Hebrew word for a shepherd's crook.
- allophonic — any of the members of a class of speech sounds that, taken together, are commonly felt to be a phoneme, as the t- sounds of toe, stow, tree, hatpin, catcall, cats, catnip, button, metal, city; a speech sound constituting one of the phonetic manifestations or variants of a particular phoneme.
- anachronic — out of chronological order or out of date
- anharmonic — of or concerned with an oscillation whose frequency is not an integral factor or multiple of the base frequency
- antiphonic — relating to or resembling an antiphon
11 letter words ending with onic
12 letter words ending with onic
- amphictyonic — of or relating to an amphictyon or an amphictyony.
- anthrophonic — Relating to anthrophony.
- anticyclonic — Of, relating to, or consisting of an anticyclone.
- antimnemonic — difficult to remember (often deliberately so)
- autochthonic — pertaining to autochthons; aboriginal; indigenous (opposed to heterochthonous).
13 letter words ending with onic
- architectonic — denoting, relating to, or having architectural qualities
- electrophonic — Relating to electronic equipment to produce sound (this adjectival sense is not comparable).
- heterochronic — a genetic shift in timing of the development of a tissue or anatomical part, or in the onset of a physiological process, relative to an ancestor.
- isoelectronic — noting or pertaining to atoms and ions having an equal number of electrons.
- monochorionic — Sharing one foetal membrane, or chorion. Typically used of identical twins.
14 letter words ending with onic
- balto-slavonic — a hypothetical subfamily of Indo-European languages consisting of Baltic and Slavonic. It is now generally believed that similarities between them result from geographical proximity rather than any special relationship
- extraembryonic — (medicine) Inside the womb, but outside the embryo.
- holoplanktonic — plankton that spend their entire life cycle as free-swimming organisms (opposed to hemiplankton).
- internucleonic — internuclear
- optoelectronic — the branch of electronics dealing with devices that generate, transform, transmit, or sense optical, infrared, or ultraviolet radiation, as cathode-ray tubes, electroluminescent and liquid crystal displays, lasers, and solar cells.
15 letter words ending with onic
- boustrophedonic — of or relating to lines written in opposite directions
- interelectronic — occurring or existing between electrons
- microelectronic — A microelectronic device.
- photoelectronic — relating to electronic effects or devices affected by light
- thanatognomonic — signalling the nearness of death
17 letter words ending with onic
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ONIC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 319 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ONIC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.