Words ending with oint
4 letter words ending with oint
- oint — (now rare, poetic) To anoint.
5 letter words ending with oint
- joint — the place at which two things, or separate parts of one thing, are joined or united, either rigidly or in such a way as to permit motion; juncture.
- noint — Obsolete form of anoint.
- point — a fraction whose denominator is some power of 10, usually indicated by a dot (decimal point or point) written before the numerator: as 0.4 = 4/10; 0.126 = 126/1000.
- a case in point — If you say that something is a case in point, you mean that it is a good example of something you have just mentioned.
- a point — just in time.
6 letter words ending with oint
7 letter words ending with oint
- abjoint — to cut off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- adjoint — a generalization in category theory of this notion
- annoint — (nonstandard) alternative spelling of anoint.
- appoint — If you appoint someone to a job or official position, you formally choose them for it.
- injoint — to join up; unite
8 letter words ending with oint
- acupoint — any of the specific points on the body where a needle is inserted in acupuncture or pressure is applied in acupressure
- conjoint — united, joint, or associated
- dewpoint — temperature at which water vapour in the air becomes saturated and water droplets begin to form
- disjoint — to separate or disconnect the joints or joinings of.
- drypoint — a technique of engraving, especially on copper, in which a sharp-pointed needle is used for producing furrows having a burr that is often retained in order to produce a print characterized by soft, velvety black lines.
9 letter words ending with oint
- autopoint — a point-to-point race in motor cars
- ballpoint — A ballpoint or a ballpoint pen is a pen with a very small metal ball at the end which transfers the ink from the pen onto a surface.
- bluepoint — a type of small oyster named after Blue Point, New York
- cashpoint — A cashpoint is the same as a cash dispenser.
- datapoint — An identifiable element in a data set.
10 letter words ending with oint
- breakpoint — an instruction inserted by a debug program causing a return to the debug program
- checkpoint — A checkpoint is a place where traffic is stopped so that it can be checked.
- chokepoint — a place of greatest congestion and often hazard; bottleneck.
- colorpoint — a breed of domestic cat
- disappoint — to fail to fulfill the expectations or wishes of: His gross ingratitude disappointed us.
11 letter words ending with oint
- colourpoint — a breed of domestic cat
- fixed-point — (programming) A number representation scheme where a number, F is represented by an integer I such that F=I*R^-P, where R is the (assumed) radix of the representation and P is the (fixed) number of digits after the radix point. On computers with no floating-point unit, fixed-point calculations are significantly faster than floating-point as all the operations are basically integer operations. Fixed-point representation also has the advantage of having uniform density, i.e., the smallest resolvable difference of the representation is R^-P throughout the representable range, in contrast to floating-point representations. For example, in PL/I, FIXED data has both a precision and a scale-factor (P above). So a number declared as 'FIXED DECIMAL(7,2)' has a precision of seven and a scale-factor of two, indicating five integer and two fractional decimal digits. The smallest difference between numbers will be 0.01.
- hollowpoint — Alternative form of hollow point.
- knife-point — the sharp tip of a knife.
- needlepoint — embroidery upon canvas, usually with uniform spacing of stitches in a pattern.
12 letter words ending with oint
- counterpoint — Something that is a counterpoint to something else contrasts with it in a satisfying way.
- double counterpoint — invertible counterpoint using two transposable voices.
- invertible counterpoint — counterpoint in which the voices, while retaining their original form, may be interchanged above or below one another in any order.
- strict counterpoint — the application of the rules of counterpoint as an academic exercise
- triple counterpoint — invertible counterpoint involving three transposable voices.
14 letter words ending with oint
- floating-point — a decimal point whose location is not fixed, used especially in computer operations.
- point-by-point — detailed and deliberate; taking every point into consideration
- point-to-point — a cross-country horse race between specified points, in which each rider is often free to select his or her own course between the points.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in OINT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 354 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in OINT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.