Words ending with ny
3 letter words ending with ny
- any — You use any in statements with negative meaning to indicate that no thing or person of a particular type exists, is present, or is involved in a situation.
- eny — Eye dialect of any.
- wny — West Newbury Youth
- not having any — refusing to take part or be involved (in)
- not just any — If you say that someone or something is not just any person or thing, you mean that they are special in some way.
4 letter words ending with ny
5 letter words ending with ny
6 letter words ending with ny
- -penny — costing a (specified) number of pennies
- -phany — indicating a manifestation
- -phony — indicating a specified type of sound
- albany — a city in E New York State, on the Hudson River: the state capital. Pop: 93 919 (2003 est)
- ancony — A piece of malleable iron that is wrought into the shape of a flat bar, about three feet long, with a square rough unwrought knob on each end.
7 letter words ending with ny
- alimony — Alimony is money that a court of law orders someone to pay regularly to their former wife or husband after they have got divorced. Compare palimony.
- anthony — Saint. ?251–?356 ad, Egyptian hermit, commonly regarded as the founder of Christian monasticism. Feast day: Jan 17
- astheny — Dated form of asthenia.
- attorny — (obsolete, or, proscribed) alternative spelling of attorney.
- aurigny — one of the Channel Islands, in the English Channel: separated from the French coast by a dangerous tidal channel (the Race of Alderney). Pop: 2294 (2001). Area: 8 sq km (3 sq miles)
8 letter words ending with ny
- abiogeny — (biology) abiogenesis.
- acrimony — Acrimony is bitter and angry words or quarrels.
- agrimony — any of various N temperate rosaceous plants of the genus Agrimonia, which have compound leaves, long spikes of small yellow flowers, and bristly burlike fruits
- antagony — (obsolete) contest; opposition; antagonism.
- antimony — a toxic metallic element that exists in two allotropic forms and occurs principally in stibnite. The stable form is a brittle silvery-white crystalline metal that is added to alloys to increase their strength and hardness and is used in semiconductors. Symbol: Sb; atomic no: 51; atomic wt: 121.757; valency: 0, –3, +3, or +5; relative density: 6.691; melting pt: 630.76°C; boiling pt: 1587°C
9 letter words ending with ny
- accompany — If you accompany someone, you go somewhere with them.
- acrophony — the use of symbols to represent sounds
- allegheny — river in W Pennsylvania, joining the Monongahela at Pittsburgh to form the Ohio: 325 mi (523 km)
- anachrony — a discrepancy between the order of events in a story and the order in which they are presented in the plot: Anachronies are either flashbacks or flashforwards.
- androgyny — Androgyny is the state of being neither distinctly masculine nor distinctly feminine.
10 letter words ending with ny
- ambiophony — the reproduction of sound to create an illusion to a listener of being in a spacious room, such as a concert hall
- asynchrony — a lack of synchronism or coincidence in time.
- bibliogony — the art of producing and publishing books.
- castellany — the office or position of a castellan
- catchpenny — designed to have instant appeal, esp in order to sell quickly and easily without regard for quality
11 letter words ending with ny
- amphictyony — (in ancient Greece) a religious association of states for the maintenance of temples and the cults connected with them
- angelophany — the appearance of an angel before a human
- anthrophony — Any sound produced by human beings or their creations.
- astrobotany — the branch of botany that investigates the possibility that plants grow on other planets
- autochthony — pertaining to autochthons; aboriginal; indigenous (opposed to heterochthonous).
12 letter words ending with ny
- anthropogeny — the genesis or development of the human race, especially as a subject of scientific study.
- anthropogony — the origin of the human species
- chickahominy — a member of a North American Indian tribe of the Powhatan confederacy that inhabited eastern Virginia.
- christophany — an appearance or emergence of Christ following his crucifixion
- heterochrony — a genetic shift in timing of the development of a tissue or anatomical part, or in the onset of a physiological process, relative to an ancestor.
13 letter words ending with ny
- archaeobotany — the analysis and interpretation of plant remains found at archaeological sites
- eighteenpenny — Having a value or cost of eighteenpence.
- inter-company — a number of individuals assembled or associated together; group of people.
- niminy-piminy — affectedly delicate or refined; mincing; effeminate: A niminy-piminy shyness makes frankness impossible.
- transmisogyny — discrimination or prejudice against transgender women.
14 letter words ending with ny
15 letter words ending with ny
- shove-halfpenny — a shuffleboard game played with coins or brass disks that are pushed by the hand and thumb down a board toward a scoring pit.
16 letter words ending with ny
- houphouet-boigny — Félix [French fey-leeks] /French feɪˈliks/ (Show IPA), 1905–1993, Ivory Coast political leader: president 1960–93.
17 letter words ending with ny
- palaeoethnobotany — the study of fossil seeds and grains to further archaeological knowledge, esp of the domestication of cereals
On this page, we collect all words that ending in NY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 747 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in NY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.