Words ending with nous
4 letter words ending with nous
6 letter words ending with nous
7 letter words ending with nous
8 letter words ending with nous
- alcinous — (in Homer's Odyssey) a Phaeacian king at whose court the shipwrecked Odysseus told of his wanderings
- anginous — of, noting, or pertaining to angina, especially angina pectoris.
- antinous — the chief suitor of Penelope, killed by Odysseus upon his return from Troy.
- aphonous — without voice; voiceless
- arsenous — of or containing trivalent arsenic
9 letter words ending with nous
10 letter words ending with nous
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- acrogenous — (botany) Increasing by growth from the extremity.
- acrogynous — having the female reproductive organ arising from the apical cell of the stem, thereby terminating its growth, as certain liverworts.
- aeruginous — bluish-green, like copper rust
- albuminous — of or containing albumin
11 letter words ending with nous
- amphigenous — (of certain parasitic fungi) growing on both sides of leaves.
- anachronous — relating to anachronism; misplaced chronologically
- androgenous — producing only male offspring
- androgynous — In biology, an androgynous person, animal, or plant has both male and female sexual characteristics.
- asyncronous — (spelling) It's spelled "asynchronous".
12 letter words ending with nous
- altitudinous — pertaining to altitude or height
- anacrogynous — having the female sex organs arising from any cell below the apex of the stem, thereby not terminating its growth, as certain liverworts.
- asynchronous — An asynchronous electric machine is one in which the magnetic field and the rotation are not exactly the same.
- attitudinous — (informal) Having a bold and possibly unfriendly attitude; sassy.
- conterminous — enclosed within a common boundary
13 letter words ending with nous
- acotyledonous — Having no seed lobes, as the dodder; also applied to plants which have no true seeds, as ferns, mosses, etc.
- allochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found in a place other than where they or their constituents were formed
- arteriovenous — of, relating to, or affecting an artery and a vein
- autochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found where they and their constituents were formed
- cartilaginous — of or like cartilage; gristly
14 letter words ending with nous
- dicotyledonous — belonging or pertaining to the Dicotyledoneae; having two cotyledons.
- diplostemonous — having two whorls of stamens, with the outer whorl opposite the sepals and the inner whorl opposite the petals.
- geosynchronous — of or relating to a satellite traveling in an orbit 22,300 miles (35,900 km) above the earth's equator: at this altitude, the satellite's period of rotation, 24 hours, matches the earth's and the satellite always remains in the same spot over the earth: geostationary orbit.
- haplostemonous — (of plants) having the stamens arranged in a single whorl
- heterochronous — a genetic shift in timing of the development of a tissue or anatomical part, or in the onset of a physiological process, relative to an ancestor.
15 letter words ending with nous
- heterochthonous — not indigenous; foreign (opposed to autochthonous): heterochthonous flora and fauna.
- nonmucilaginous — Not mucilaginous.
- pulchritudinous — physically beautiful; comely.
- tricotyledonous — having three cotyledons.
- vicissitudinous — a change or variation occurring in the course of something.
16 letter words ending with nous
18 letter words ending with nous
On this page, we collect all words that ending in NOUS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 316 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in NOUS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.