Words ending with ne
3 letter words ending with ne
- ane — one
- a number one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- a one — first-class; first-rate; superior
- air force one — the US Air Force plane used by the US president
- all one — all the same
4 letter words ending with ne
- acne — If someone has acne, they have a skin condition which causes a lot of spots on their face and neck.
- anne — Princess, the Princess Royal. born 1950, daughter of Elizabeth II of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; a noted horsewoman and president of the Save the Children Fund
- aone — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- arne — Thomas (Augustine). 1710–78, English composer, noted for his setting of Shakespearean songs and for his song Rule Britannia
- aune — an old French measure of length, usually for measuring cloth
5 letter words ending with ne
- a-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- agone — ago; past
- aisne — a department of NE France, in Picardy region. Capital: Laon. Pop: 535 326 (2003 est). Area: 7428 sq km (2897 sq miles)
- akene — any small, dry, hard, one-seeded, indehiscent fruit.
- alene — a female given name, form of Helen.
6 letter words ending with ne
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- affine — of, characterizing, or involving transformations which preserve collinearity, esp in classical geometry, those of translation, rotation and reflection in an axis
- aldine — relating to Aldus Manutius (1450–1515), Italian printer, or to his editions of the classics
- alkane — any saturated aliphatic hydrocarbon with the general formula CnH2n+2
7 letter words ending with ne
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abilene — a city in central Texas. Pop: 114 889 (2003 est)
- acarine — any of numerous arachnids of the order Acarina, comprising the mites and ticks.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
- adeline — a feminine name: var. Adelina, Aline
8 letter words ending with ne
- acauline — having no stem
- acridine — a colourless crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes. Formula: C13H9N
- adiprene — a polyurethane elastomer with exceptional abrasion resistance and strength
- adrienne — a feminine name
- aerodyne — any heavier-than-air machine, such as an aircraft, that derives the greater part of its lift from aerodynamic forces
9 letter words ending with ne
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- acanthine — of or resembling an acanthus
- acesodyne — mitigating pain; anodyne.
- acetylene — Acetylene is a colourless gas which burns with a very hot bright flame. It is often used in lamps and for cutting and welding metal.
- aconitine — a poison extracted from aconite
10 letter words ending with ne
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- adamantane — a white crystalline alicyclic hydrocarbon, C 10 H 16 , consisting of four fused cyclohexane rings, with the carbon atoms arranged as in the diamond lattice.
- adamantine — very hard; unbreakable or unyielding
- adrenaline — a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids. It is extracted from animals or synthesized for such medical uses as the treatment of asthma. Chemical name: aminohydroxyphenylpropionic acid; formula: C9H13NO3
- adulterine — of or made by adulteration; fake
11 letter words ending with ne
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- alabastrine — a finely granular variety of gypsum, often white and translucent, used for ornamental objects or work, such as lamp bases, figurines, etc.
- aldosterone — the principal mineralocorticoid secreted by the adrenal cortex. A synthesized form is used in the treatment of Addison's disease. Formula: C21H27O5
- alexandrine — a line of verse having six iambic feet, usually with a caesura after the third foot
12 letter words ending with ne
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- aeromedicine — the medical treatment of disorders associated with air or space travel
- aminobenzene — aniline (def 1).
- androsterone — an androgenic steroid hormone produced in the testes. Formula: C19H30O2
13 letter words ending with ne
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- acetylbenzene — acetophenone.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- aminophylline — a derivative of theophylline that relaxes smooth muscle and is used mainly to dilate the airways in the treatment of asthma and emphysema
14 letter words ending with ne
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- azidothymidine — an antiretroviral drug used to treat HIV/AIDS
15 letter words ending with ne
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
- bathing-machine — a small bathhouse on wheels formerly used as a dressing room and in which bathers could also be transported from the beach to the water.
- benzoglyoxaline — benzimidazole.
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
16 letter words ending with ne
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- bouches-du-rhone — a department of S central France, in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. Capital: Marseille. Pop: 1 883 645 (2003 est). Area: 5284 sq km (2047 sq miles)
- bred-in-the-bone — firmly instilled or established as if by heredity: the bred-in-the-bone integrity of the school's headmaster.
- carpatho-ukraine — a region in W Ukraine: ceded by Czechoslovakia in 1945.
17 letter words ending with ne
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- benzeneazobenzene — azobenzene.
- champagne-ardenne — a region of NE France: a countship and commercial centre in medieval times; it consists of a great plain, with sheep and dairy farms and many vineyards
- chloracetophenone — chloroacetophenone.
18 letter words ending with ne
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chlorobromomethane — a clear, colorless, volatile, nonflammable liquid, CH 2 ClBr, used chiefly as an extinguishing agent in fire extinguishers and as a solvent in organic synthesis.
19 letter words ending with ne
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- deoxycorticosterone — a corticosteroid hormone important in maintaining sodium and water balance in the body
20 letter words ending with ne
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
22 letter words ending with ne
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words ending with ne
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
29 letter words ending with ne
31 letter words ending with ne
On this page, we collect all words that ending in NE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5166 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in NE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.