Words ending with lous
6 letter words ending with lous
7 letter words ending with lous
8 letter words ending with lous
- -philous — indicating love of or fondness for
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- acoelous — not having a true digestive tract
- amyelous — congenital absence of the spinal cord.
- angulous — angular or having angles
9 letter words ending with lous
10 letter words ending with lous
- -cephalous — having a (specified) kind of head or number of heads; -cephalic
- -dactylous — having fingers, toes, etc. of a (specified) kind or number
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- adactylous — possessing no fingers or toes
11 letter words ending with lous
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- ametabolous — without metamorphosis
- ammophilous — (of organisms) living or growing in sand
- amphibolous — ambiguous or equivocal, especially when due to the uncertain grammatical construction of a word or phrase.
- amphicelous — concave on both sides, as the bodies of the vertebrae of fishes.
12 letter words ending with lous
- acidophilous — thriving in an acidic environment
- amphicoelous — (of the vertebrae of most fishes and some amphibians) concave at the anterior and posterior ends
- anemophilous — (of flowering plants such as grasses) pollinated by the wind
- animalculous — a minute or microscopic animal, nearly or quite invisible to the naked eye, as an infusorian or rotifer.
- anthophilous — (esp of insects) frequenting flowers
13 letter words ending with lous
- anencephalous — congenital absence of part or all of the brain.
- anisophyllous — having leaves of different shapes or sizes.
- autocephalous — (of an Eastern Christian Church) governed by its own national synods and appointing its own patriarchs or prelates
- cavernicolous — inhabiting caves or cavelike places
- choripetalous — polypetalous
14 letter words ending with lous
15 letter words ending with lous
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- antituberculous — (medicine) Acting to combat or counteract tuberculosis.
- deuteranomalous — having deuteranomaly; relating to deuteranomaly
- ghetto-fabulous — pertaining to or noting a lifestyle of showy but superficial glamour and luxury that is sometimes adopted by people in or from an urban ghetto: That man is just ghetto-fabulous; his bling wears bling!
- heterodactylous — having the first and fourth toes directed backward, and the second and third forward, as in trogons.
16 letter words ending with lous
- heterometabolous — undergoing development in which the young are born adultlike in form, often maturing without a pupal stage.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in LOUS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 299 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in LOUS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.