Words ending with line
4 letter words ending with line
- line — a thickness of glue, as between two veneers in a sheet of plywood.
- -yard line — In football, a team's 5-yard line, or 10-yard line, and so on, is a line painted across the field and numbered, that marks the distance from the goal line.
- 56k line — (communications) A digital connection (possibly a leased line, possibly switched) capable of carrying 56 kbps. Compare DS0.
- above the line — a mark or stroke long in proportion to its breadth, made with a pen, pencil, tool, etc., on a surface: a line down the middle of the page.
- accommodation line — insurance that, by itself, would not be acceptable to an insurer but is written in connection with other policies as an accommodation to an agent or broker.
5 letter words ending with line
- aline — align
- cline — a continuous variation in form between members of a species having a wide variable geographical or ecological range
- kline — one of a series of lines (K-series) in the x-ray spectrum of an atom corresponding to radiation (K-radiation) produced by the transition of an electron to the K-shell.
- franz kline — Franz (Josef) [joh-zuh f,, -suh f] /ˈdʒoʊ zəf,, -səf/ (Show IPA), 1910–62, U.S. painter.
- patsy cline — Patsy (Virginia Patterson Hensley) 1932–63, U.S. country singer.
6 letter words ending with line
- -cline — indicating a slope
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- b-line — An early CAD language.
- boline — (in Wicca) a knife, usually sickle-shaped and with a white handle, used for gathering herbs and carving symbols
- byline — A byline is a line at the top of an article in a newspaper or magazine giving the author's name.
7 letter words ending with line
- adaline — (architecture) Name given by Widrow to adaptive linear neurons, that is neurons (see McCulloch-Pitts) which learn using the Widrow-Huff Delta Rule. See also Madaline.
- adeline — a feminine name: var. Adelina, Aline
- airline — An airline is a company which provides regular services carrying people or goods in aeroplanes.
- aniline — a colourless oily pungent poisonous liquid used in the manufacture of dyes, plastics, pharmaceuticals, and explosives. Formula: C6H5NH2
- barline — A vertical line in musical notation indicating the start of a new bar.
8 letter words ending with line
- acauline — having no stem
- air-line — straight; direct; traveling a direct route: Some railroads advertise air-line routes between stations.
- alkaline — Something that is alkaline contains an alkali or has a pH value of more than 7.
- aquiline — If someone has an aquiline nose or profile, their nose is large, thin, and usually curved.
- backline — (in some team sports) the defensive players considered as a unit
9 letter words ending with line
- anticline — a formation of stratified rock raised up, by folding, into a broad arch so that the strata slope down on both sides from a common crest
- arecoline — a drug derived from betel nuts and producing a range of effects, including increased salivation, body temperature, and heart rate
- bandoline — a glutinous hair dressing, used (esp formerly) to keep the hair in place
- baulkline — a straight line across a billiard table behind which the cue balls are placed at the start of a game
- bengaline — a heavy corded fabric, esp silk with woollen or cotton cord
10 letter words ending with line
- adrenaline — a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids. It is extracted from animals or synthesized for such medical uses as the treatment of asthma. Chemical name: aminohydroxyphenylpropionic acid; formula: C9H13NO3
- amygdaline — of or relating to a tonsil
- anopheline — (of mosquitoes) belonging to the genus Anopheles, which carries malaria
- arvicoline — inhabiting meadows or rural areas
- borderline — The borderline between two different or opposite things is the division between them.
11 letter words ending with line
- antalkaline — neutralizing an alkali or counteracting alkalinity
- bright-line — (of rules, standards, etc.) unambiguously clear: This muddies the waters of what should be a brightline rule.
- clothesline — A clothesline is a thin rope on which you hang washing so that it can dry.
- crystalline — A crystalline substance is in the form of crystals or contains crystals.
- doxycycline — a synthetic analog of a broad-spectrum antibiotic tetracycline drug, C 22 H 24 N 2 O 8 , used against a wide range of susceptible Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms.
12 letter words ending with line
- carbocholine — carbachol.
- clothes-line — a strong, narrow rope, cord, wire, etc., usually stretched between two poles, posts, or buildings, on which clean laundry is hung to dry.
- indiscipline — lack of discipline or control: a campus problem of student indiscipline.
- intercolline — (of a valley or hollow) situated between hills
- isoprenaline — a compound that is a derivative of adrenaline and that is used to treat asthma and bronchial conditions. Formula: C11H17NO3
13 letter words ending with line
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- aminophylline — a derivative of theophylline that relaxes smooth muscle and is used mainly to dilate the airways in the treatment of asthma and emphysema
- amitriptyline — a tricyclic antidepressant drug. Formula: C20H23N
- amitryptyline — a drug with several uses, most commonly prescribed to treat depression
14 letter words ending with line
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- below-the-line — denoting the entries printed below the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account that show how any profit is to be distributed
- demeclocycline — a broad-spectrum antibiotic, C 21 H 21 ClN 2 O 8 , derived from a mutant strain of the bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens: used against a wide range of susceptible microorganisms.
- hydroxyproline — a nutritionally nonessential amino acid, C 5 H 9 NO 3 , found chiefly in collagen.
- hypermasculine — pertaining to or characteristic of a man or men: masculine attire.
15 letter words ending with line
- benzoglyoxaline — benzimidazole.
- dimethylaniline — a very toxic oily liquid used in industry to harden certain synthetic resins and as a solvent
- holocrystalline — (of igneous rocks) having only crystalline components and no glass
- hypocrystalline — (of igneous rocks) having both glass and crystalline components
- isothermal-line — Meteorology. a line on a weather map or chart connecting points having equal temperature.
16 letter words ending with line
- hexahydroaniline — cyclohexylamine.
- intercrystalline — situated or passing between the crystals of a substance.
- microcrystalline — minutely crystalline; composed of microscopic crystals.
- multi-discipline — training to act in accordance with rules; drill: military discipline.
- tetrahydrozoline — a compound, C 13 H 16 N 2 , used in the treatment of nasal congestion and certain conditions of eye irritation.
17 letter words ending with line
- chlortetracycline — an antibiotic used in treating many bacterial and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens. Formula: C22H23ClN2O8
- cryptocrystalline — (of rocks) composed of crystals that can be distinguished individually only by the use of a polarizing microscope
18 letter words ending with line
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
- magnetocrystalline — (physics) Describing the interaction between the magnetization and the crystal structure of a material.
- phanerocrystalline — (of a rock) having the principal constituents in the form of crystals visible to the naked eye.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in LINE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 721 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in LINE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.