Words ending with ize
4 letter words ending with ize
- bize — a dry, cold wind in France
- pize — to strike (someone a blow)
- size — any of various gelatinous or glutinous preparations made from glue, starch, etc., used for filling the pores of cloth, paper, etc., or as an adhesive ground for gold leaf on books.
- half size — any size in women's garments designated by a fractional number from 12½ through 24½, designed for a short-waisted, full figure.
- plus size — an extra-large size category of clothing, especially for women.
5 letter words ending with ize
- baize — Baize is a thick woollen material which is used for covering tables on which games such as cards and snooker are played.
- maize — (chiefly in British and technical usage) corn1 (def 1).
- prize — leverage.
- seize — to take hold of suddenly or forcibly; grasp: to seize a weapon.
- archibald prize — an annual prize awarded by the Trustees of the Art Gallery of New South Wales since 1921, for outstanding contributions to art, letters, science, and politics
6 letter words ending with ize
- agnize — to acknowledge
- assize — a sitting of a legislative assembly or administrative body
- belize — a state in Central America, on the Caribbean Sea: site of a Mayan civilization until the 9th century ad; colonized by the British from 1638; granted internal self-government in 1964; became an independent state within the Commonwealth in 1981. Official language: English; Carib and Spanish are also spoken. Currency: Belize dollar. Capital: Belmopan. Pop: 334 297 (2013 est). Area: 22 965 sq km (8867 sq miles)
- iodize — to treat, impregnate, or affect with iodine or an iodide.
- ionize — to separate or change into ions.
7 letter words ending with ize
- agatize — to turn into agate
- agenize — to whiten (flour) using agene
- agonize — If you agonize over something, you feel very anxious about it and spend a long time thinking about it.
- anodize — to coat (a metal, such as aluminium or magnesium) with a protective oxide film by electrolysis
- apprize — to give notice to; inform; advise (often followed by of): to be apprised of the death of an old friend.
8 letter words ending with ize
9 letter words ending with ize
- academize — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
- actualize — to make actual or real
- advertize — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- alchemize — to alter (an element, metal, etc) by alchemy; transmute
- aluminize — to cover with aluminium or aluminium paint
10 letter words ending with ize
- absolutize — to make absolute
- adrenalize — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- aerobicize — (of a person) to perform aerobics
- aerosolize — to disperse as, or convert into, an aerosol
- africanize — to make African, esp to give control of (policy, government, etc) to Africans
11 letter words ending with ize
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- academicize — academize.
- accessorize — To accessorize something such as a set of furniture or clothing means to add other things to it in order to make it look more attractive.
- acclimatize — When you acclimatize or are acclimatized to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
12 letter words ending with ize
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
- aestheticize — make aesthetic
- anaesthetize — When a doctor or other trained person anaesthetizes a patient, they make the patient unconscious or unable to feel pain by giving them an anaesthetic.
- anathematize — to pronounce an anathema (upon a person, etc); curse
- apartmentize — to build apartments on or in: to apartmentize the downtown area.
13 letter words ending with ize
- anagrammatize — to arrange into an anagram
- antisepticize — to treat with an antiseptic
- artificialize — to render artificial
- australianize — (esp of a new immigrant) to adopt or cause to adopt Australian habits and attitudes; integrate into Australian society
- bureaucratize — to administer by or transform into a bureaucracy
14 letter words ending with ize
- centrifugalize — to subject (something) to centrifugal motion
- chemosterilize — to sterilize (insects or other animals) with a chemosterilant.
- continentalize — to make continental, as in scope or character.
- decollectivize — to organize (a people, industry, economy, etc.) according to the principles of collectivism.
- delegitimatize — delegitimize.
15 letter words ending with ize
- conventionalize — to make conventional
- cosmopolitanize — to make cosmopolitan.
- cross-fertilize — to subject or be subjected to cross-fertilization
- debureaucratize — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
- decontextualize — to consider (something) in isolation from its usual context
16 letter words ending with ize
- anthropomorphize — to attribute or ascribe human form or behaviour to (a god, animal, object, etc)
- compartmentalize — To compartmentalize something means to divide it into separate sections.
- institutionalize — to make institutional.
- internationalize — to make international, as in scope or character: a local conflict that was internationalized into a major war.
- microminiaturize — (especially of electronic equipment) to make extremely small; subject to microminiaturization.
17 letter words ending with ize
18 letter words ending with ize
19 letter words ending with ize
20 letter words ending with ize
- over-intellectualize — to seek or consider the rational content or form of.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IZE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1477 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IZE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.