Words ending with ism
3 letter words ending with ism
- ism — a distinctive doctrine, theory, system, or practice: This is the age of isms.
4 letter words ending with ism
5 letter words ending with ism
- agism — Alternative spelling of ageism.
- deism — Deism is the belief that there is a God who made the world but does not influence human lives.
- foism — Chinese Buddhism.
- moism — the religious and ethical teaching of Mo-Zi and his followers, emphasizing universal love, ascetic self-discipline, and obedience to the will of Heaven
- achromatic prism — a system of two or more prisms of different substances that deflects but does not disperse a beam of light.
6 letter words ending with ism
- ageism — Ageism is unacceptable behaviour that occurs as a result of the belief that older people are of less value than younger people.
- autism — Autism is a developmental disorder that can cause someone to have difficulty in communicating with and responding to other people.
- babism — a pantheistic Persian religious sect, founded in 1844 by the Bab, forbidding polygamy, concubinage, begging, trading in slaves, and indulgence in alcohol and drugs
- bonism — the doctrine that the world is good, although not the best of all possible worlds
- chrism — a mixture of olive oil and balsam used for sacramental anointing in the Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches
7 letter words ending with ism
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- acmeism — a school of early 20th-century Russian poetry whose practitioners were strongly opposed to the vagueness of symbolism and strove for absolute clarity of expression through precise, concrete imagery.
- animism — the belief that natural objects, phenomena, and the universe itself have desires and intentions
- asteism — use of creative, courteous, and well-mannered sarcasm or ridicule
- atavism — the recurrence in a plant or animal of certain primitive characteristics that were present in an ancestor but have not occurred in intermediate generations
8 letter words ending with ism
- acrotism — an absence of pulse
- actinism — that property of ultraviolet light, X-rays, or other radiations, by which chemical changes are produced
- activism — Activism is the process of campaigning in public or working for an organization in order to bring about political or social change.
- agathism — The doctrine that the ultimate end of all things is good, although the intermediate means may be evil.
- albinism — the condition of being an albino
9 letter words ending with ism
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- academism — academicism.
- actualism — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
- amoralism — the doctrine or attitude that ignores or rejects moral vaues, or deems them to be irrelevant
- amorphism — the state or quality of being amorphous.
10 letter words ending with ism
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- africanism — something characteristic of Africa or Africans, esp a characteristic feature of an African language when introduced into a non-African language
- alcoholism — People who suffer from alcoholism cannot stop drinking large quantities of alcohol.
- allomerism — similarity of crystalline structure in substances of different chemical composition
11 letter words ending with ism
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- adventurism — Adventurism is a willingness to take risks, especially in order to obtain an unfair advantage in politics or business.
12 letter words ending with ism
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- adversaryism — an attitude, as in labor-management negotiations, that any opposition to demands indicates an unwillingness of one side to cooperate and bargain in good faith.
- aeroembolism — an embolism of air bubbles often caused by surgery, induced abortion, or decompression sickness
- aestheticism — the doctrine that aesthetic principles are of supreme importance and that works of art should be judged accordingly
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
13 letter words ending with ism
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- agroterrorism — the use of biological agents as weapons against agricultural and food-supply industries
- aldosteronism — high blood pressure caused by excess aldosterone in the blood and urine
- androcentrism — centered on, emphasizing, or dominated by males or masculine interests: an androcentric society; an androcentric religion.
14 letter words ending with ism
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- anglo-saxonism — Saxonism.
- anti-dogmatism — dogmatic character; unfounded positiveness in matters of opinion; arrogant assertion of opinions as truths.
- antialcoholism — the doctrine of being opposed to alcoholic drink
15 letter words ending with ism
- anthropopathism — ascription of human passions or feelings to a being or beings not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-capitalism — an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- anti-naturalism — Literature. a manner or technique of treating subject matter that presents, through volume of detail, a deterministic view of human life and actions. a deterministic theory of writing in which it is held that a writer should adopt an objective view toward the material written about, be free of preconceived ideas as to form and content, and represent with clinical accuracy and frankness the details of life. Compare realism (def 4b). a representation of natural appearances or natural patterns of speech, manner, etc., in a work of fiction. the depiction of the physical environment, especially landscape or the rural environment.
16 letter words ending with ism
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphism — Anthropomorphism is the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- anti-materialism — preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
- anti-nationalism — spirit or aspirations common to the whole of a nation.
17 letter words ending with ism
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-isolationism — the policy or doctrine of isolating one's country from the affairs of other nations by declining to enter into alliances, foreign economic commitments, international agreements, etc., seeking to devote the entire efforts of one's country to its own advancement and remain at peace by avoiding foreign entanglements and responsibilities.
- congregationalism — a system of Christian doctrines and ecclesiastical government in which each congregation is self-governing and maintains bonds of faith with other similar local congregations
- constitutionalism — the principles, spirit, or system of government in accord with a constitution, esp a written constitution
18 letter words ending with ism
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- hyperaldosteronism — aldosteronism.
19 letter words ending with ism
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
- hyperparathyroidism — overactivity of the parathyroid gland, characterized by softening of the bones, with consequent pain, tenderness, and a tendency to spontaneous fractures, and by muscular weakness and abdominal cramps.
- non-interventionism — abstention by a nation from interference in the affairs of other nations or in those of its own political subdivisions.
20 letter words ending with ism
22 letter words ending with ism
- nonrepresentationalism — not resembling or portraying any object in physical nature: a nonrepresentational painting.
24 letter words ending with ism
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words ending with ism
- antiestablishmentarianism — a policy or attitude that views a nation's power structure as corrupt, repressive, exploitive, etc.
26 letter words ending with ism
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
28 letter words ending with ism
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ISM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2328 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ISM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.