Words ending with ir
3 letter words ending with ir
- air — Air is the mixture of gases which forms the Earth's atmosphere and which we breathe.
- cir — Committed Information Rate
- dir — Direct.
- eir — (neologism) Belonging to em, their (singular). non-gloss definition Gender-neutral third-person singular possessive adjective, coordinate with 'his' and 'her'.
- fir — any coniferous tree belonging to the genus Abies, of the pine family, characterized by its pyramidal style of growth, flat needles, and erect cones.
4 letter words ending with ir
- abir — (India) An aromatic red powder that is used during the Holi festival.
- ahir — a member of the caste of cowherds and milkmen in India.
- amir — Amir means the same as emir.
- asir — a region of SW Saudi Arabia, in the Southern Province on the Red Sea: under Turkish rule until 1933. Area: 81 000 sq km (31 000 sq miles)
- cair — (intransitive, obsolete) To go.
5 letter words ending with ir
- aegir — the god of the sea
- aesir — the chief gods of Norse mythology dwelling in Asgard
- astir — awake and out of bed
- blair — Tony, full name Anthony Charles Lynton Blair. born 1953, British politician; leader of the Labour Party (1994–2007); prime minister (1997–2007); Middle East peace envoy (2007–2015)
- chair — A chair is a piece of furniture for one person to sit on. Chairs have a back and four legs.
6 letter words ending with ir
- abukir — bay at the mouth of the Nile, near Alexandria, Egypt: site of the British victory (1798) under Nelson over the French
- affair — If an event or a series of events has been mentioned and you want to talk about it again, you can refer to it as the affair.
- agadir — a port in SW Morocco, which became the centre of an international crisis (1911), when a gunboat arrived to protect German interests. Britain issued a strong warning to Germany but the French negotiated and war was averted. In 1960 the town was virtually destroyed by an earthquake, about 10 000 people being killed. Pop: 385 000 (2003)
- altair — the brightest star in the constellation Aquila. Visual magnitude: 0.77; spectral type: A7V; distance: 16.8 light years
- appair — to make or become worse
7 letter words ending with ir
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
- antiair — countering attack by aircraft or missile
- armavir — city in SW Russia, in the Caucasus, on the Kuban River: pop. 178,000
- bashkir — a member of a Mongoloid people of E central Russia, living chiefly in the Bashkir Republic
- bonsoir — good evening
8 letter words ending with ir
- abattoir — An abattoir is a place where animals are killed in order to provide meat.
- alastair — a male given name.
- alistair — a masculine name
- armchair — An armchair is a big comfortable chair which has a support on each side for your arms.
- beauvoir — Siˈmone de (siˈmɔn də ) ; sēm^ōnˈ də) 1908-86; Fr. existentialist writer
9 letter words ending with ir
- acyclovir — an antiviral drug used to treat herpes. Formula: C8H11N5O3
- antechoir — the part of a church in front of the choir, usually enclosed by screens, tombs, etc
- backspeir — to cross-examine, interrogate
- balikesir — city in NW Asiatic Turkey: pop. 173,000
- camelhair — the hair of the camel or dromedary, used in clothing, rugs, etc
10 letter words ending with ir
- air-to-air — Air-to-air combat is a battle between military aeroplanes where rockets or bullets are fired at one aeroplane from another.
- atazanavir — (pharmaceutical drug) An anti-retroviral drug of the protease inhibitor class that is used in to treat HIV infected patients.
- camel-hair — A camel-hair coat is made of a kind of soft, thick woollen cloth, usually creamy-brown in colour.
- camelshair — (attributive) The hair of a camel, used for paintbrushes etc.
- counterair — (military) Attacking the air force of an opposing power.
11 letter words ending with ir
- countervair — (heraldry) A heraldic fur resembling vair, except in the arrangement of the patches or figures.
- free-to-air — Free-to-air television programmes and channels do not require a subscription or payment.
- hiring-fair — (formerly, in rural areas) a fair or market at which agricultural labourers were hired
- potty-chair — a small chair with an open seat over a removable pot, for use by a child during toilet training.
- silverchair — Australian rock group (formed 1994): comprising Daniel Johns (born 1979; vocals, guitar), Ben Gillies (born 1979, drums) and Chris Joannou (born 1979, bass guitar); their albums include Frogstomp (1995) and Young Modern (2007)
12 letter words ending with ir
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- camel's-hair — made of camel's hair.
- eure-et-loir — a department of N central France, in Centre region. Capital: Chartres. Pop: 412 094 (2003 est). Area: 5940 sq km (2317 sq miles)
- guadalquivir — a river in S Spain, flowing W to the Gulf of Cádiz. 374 miles (602 km) long.
- over-the-air — of or relating to any means of broadcast transmission.
13 letter words ending with ir
- dasht-e-kavir — large salt-desert plateau in NC Iran: c. 18,000 sq mi (46,620 sq km)
- dasht-i-kavir — a salt waste on the central plateau of Iran: a treacherous marsh beneath a salt crust
- fosamprenavir — (pharmaceutical drug) An anti-retroviral prodrug of the protease inhibitor amprenavir. It is used to treat HIV infected patients.
- ground-to-air — (of weapons) designed to be fired at aircraft from the ground
14 letter words ending with ir
- finnbogadottir — Vigdís [Icelandic vig-dees] /Icelandic vɪgˈdis/ (Show IPA), born 1930, Icelandic political leader: president 1980–96.
- rafraichissoir — a table of the 18th century having a cooler for bottles and shelves for plates.
- surface-to-air — (of a missile, message, etc.) capable of traveling from the surface of the earth to a target in the atmosphere.
16 letter words ending with ir
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 565 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.