Words ending with ie
3 letter words ending with ie
- cie — compagnie
- die — When people, animals, and plants die, they stop living.
- fie — Used to express disgust or outrage.
- gie — a lightweight, two-piece, usually white garment worn by barefooted martial-arts participants, consisting of loose-fitting pants and a wraparound jacket with cloth belt.
- hie — to hasten; speed; go in haste.
4 letter words ending with ie
5 letter words ending with ie
6 letter words ending with ie
7 letter words ending with ie
- accidie — spiritual sloth; apathy; indifference
- adichie — Chimamanda Ngozi, born 1977, Nigerian novelist; her novels include Purple Hibiscus (2003) and Half of a Yellow Sun (2006), which won the 2007 Orange Prize for Fiction
- airdrie — a town in W central Scotland, in North Lanarkshire, E of Glasgow: manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries. Pop: 36 326 (2001)
- argovie — Aargau
- b-movie — A B-movie is a film which is produced quickly and cheaply and is often considered to have little artistic value.
8 letter words ending with ie
9 letter words ending with ie
- antwackie — old-fashioned
- apple-pie — pertaining to or embodying traditional American values: apple-pie virtues; an apple-pie issue that no politician could vote against.
- autocutie — a young and attractive but inexperienced female television presenter
- badinerie — a name given in the 18th century to a type of quick, light movement in a suite
- black-tie — requiring that guests wear semiformal attire, especially that men wear black bow ties with tuxedos or dinner jackets: a black-tie dance.
10 letter words ending with ie
- aboriginie — Misspelling of aborigine.
- authoritie — Obsolete spelling of authority.
- bain-marie — a vessel for holding hot water, in which sauces and other dishes are gently cooked or kept warm
- bijouterie — jewellery esteemed for the delicacy of the work rather than the value of the materials
- bizarrerie — the quality of being bizarre
11 letter words ending with ie
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- bokmakierie — a large yellow shrike, Telephorus zeylonus, of southern Africa, known for its melodious song
- boulangerie — a bakery shop, specif. one that specializes in breads, rolls, etc.
- bourgeoisie — In Marxist theory, the bourgeoisie are the middle-class people who own most of the wealth in a capitalist system.
- camaraderie — Camaraderie is a feeling of trust and friendship among a group of people who have usually known each other for a long time or gone through some kind of experience together.
12 letter words ending with ie
- capercaillie — a large European woodland grouse, Tetrao urogallus, having a black plumage and fan-shaped tail in the male
- capercailzie — Alternative form of capercaillie.
- cockieleekie — a soup made from a fowl boiled with leeks
- decalcomanie — (dated) decalcomania.
- gebrselassie — Haile (ˈhaɪlɪ). born 1973, Ethiopian athlete; won gold medals in the 10,000 metres at the Olympics (1996, 2000) and in four consecutive World Championships (1993–99)
13 letter words ending with ie
- boogie-woogie — a style of piano jazz using a dotted bass pattern, usually with eight notes in a bar and the harmonies of the 12-bar blues
- cock-a-leekie — a soup made by boiling chicken with leeks
- collieshangie — a quarrel
- contre-partie — (in buhlwork) an inlay composed of a design in tortoise shell on a background of brass.
- killiecrankie — a mountain pass in central Scotland, in the Grampians.
15 letter words ending with ie
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
- haute-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: generally fertile and flat
- middelmannetjie — (South Africa) Ridge between ruts made by wheels in a dirt or gravel road.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1240 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.