Words ending with ide
3 letter words ending with ide
- ide — A freshwater keyword fish of the family Cyprinidae, found across northern Europe and Asia, Leuciscus idus. (from 19th c.).
4 letter words ending with ide
- aide — An aide is an assistant to someone who has an important job, especially in government or in the armed forces.
- bide — to continue in a certain place or state; stay
- eide — Advanced Technology Attachment Interface with Extensions
- fide — in bad faith; not genuine.
- gide — André (Paul Guillaume) [ahn-drey pawl gee-yohm] /ɑ̃ˈdreɪ pɔl giˈyoʊm/ (Show IPA), 1869–1951, French novelist, essayist, poet, and critic: Nobel Prize 1947.
5 letter words ending with ide
6 letter words ending with ide
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- allide — (nautical) To impact a stationary object.
- apside — (astronomy) An apsis.
- arride — to gladden or give pleasure or satisfaction to (a person)
- auride — (inorganic chemistry) Any anion of gold; any salt containing such an anion.
7 letter words ending with ide
- airside — the part of an airport nearest the aircraft, the boundary of which is the security check, customs, passport control, etc
- alcaide — the commander of a fortress or castle
- anilide — any compound containing the univalent group C 6 H 5 NH–, derived from aniline, as acetanilide, C 8 H 9 NO.
- astride — If you sit or stand astride something, you sit or stand with one leg on each side of it.
- avicide — Any substance used to kill birds.
8 letter words ending with ide
- actinide — a member of the actinide series
- adelaide — the capital of South Australia: Port Adelaide, 11 km (7 miles) away on St Vincent Gulf, handles the bulk of exports. Pop: 1 225 235 (2011)
- algicide — any substance that kills algae
- alkoxide — a compound formed by the removal of a proton from an alcohol
- aphicide — any substance used to kill aphids
9 letter words ending with ide
- acaricide — any drug or formulation for killing acarids
- acetamide — a white or colourless soluble deliquescent crystalline compound, used in the manufacture of organic chemicals. Formula: CH3CONH2
- acetylide — any of a class of carbides in which the carbon is present as a diatomic divalent ion (C22–). They are formally derivatives of acetylene
- algaecide — a chemical substance for killing and preventing the growth of algae
- alongside — If one thing is alongside another thing, the first thing is next to the second.
10 letter words ending with ide
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- acrylamide — a chemical compound that forms in certain foods when exposed to high temperature
- aforesaide — Archaic spelling of aforesaid.
- almoravide — a member of a fanatical people of Berber origin and Islamic faith, who founded an empire in N Africa that spread over much of Spain in the 11th century ad
- anandamide — a naturally occurring endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitter found in the brains of mammals and in small quantities in the cocoa bean
11 letter words ending with ide
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- antisuicide — acting to prevent suicide
- arabinoside — a glycoside yielding arabinose when hydrolysed
- bacillicide — anything that kills a bacillus; a bactericide
- bactericide — a substance able to destroy bacteria
12 letter words ending with ide
- ambrettolide — a colorless liquid, C 16 H 28 O 2 , having a strong musky odor, used as a fixative in the manufacture of perfume.
- bacteriocide — Alternative form of bactericide.
- biopesticide — a naturally occurring or derived substance or an organism that controls pests by nontoxic means
- chalcogenide — a binary compound consisting of a chalcogen and at least one other electropositive element
- chloralamide — (chemistry) A compound of chloral and formic amide, used to induce sleep.
13 letter words ending with ide
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- allophanamide — biuret.
- antipesticide — opposed to the use of pesticides
14 letter words ending with ide
- aluminohydride — (inorganic compound) The univalent anion, AlH4-, present in such compounds as lithium aluminium hydride.
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- benzosulfimide — saccharin.
- chlorothiazide — a diuretic drug administered orally in the treatment of chronic heart and kidney disease and hypertension. Formula: C7H6ClN3O4S2
- chlorpropamide — a sulfonylurea drug that reduces blood glucose and is administered orally in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Formula: C10H13ClN2O3S
15 letter words ending with ide
- andrographolide — (organic compound) A bitter labdane diterpenoid that is the main bioactive component of the medicinal plant Andrographis paniculata, effective against certain cancers.
- azobisformamide — (chemistry) azodicarbonamide.
- dimethylsulfide — Alternative spelling of dimethyl sulfide.
- oligonucleotide — a chain of a few nucleotides.
- oligosaccharide — any carbohydrate yielding few monosaccharides on hydrolysis, as two, three, or four.
16 letter words ending with ide
- azodicarbonamide — (chemistry) An organic chemical, a yellow to orange red, odorless, crystalline powder, used in food industry as a food additive, a flour bleaching agent and improving agent and in foaming plastics.
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
- cyclophosphamide — an alkylating agent used in the treatment of leukaemia and lymphomas
17 letter words ending with ide
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- dideoxynucleotide — (biochemistry) Any nucleotide formed from a deoxynucleotide by loss of a second hydroxy group from the deoxyribose group.
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
- dimethylsulfoxide — DMSO.
- lipopolysaccaride — a molecule, consisting of lipid and polysaccharide components, that is the main constituent of the cell walls of Gram-negative bacteria
18 letter words ending with ide
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
- hydroflumethiazide — A diuretic drug.
- lipopolysaccharide — any of a class of polysaccharides to which lipids are attached.
- mucopolysaccharide — (formerly) glycosaminoglycan.
19 letter words ending with ide
- deoxyribonucleoside — a compound composed of deoxyribose and either a purine or a pyrimidine.
- deoxyribonucleotide — an ester of a deoxyribonucleoside and phosphoric acid; a constituent of DNA.
- hydrochlorothiazide — a crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 7 H 8 ClN 3 O 4 S 2 , used as a diuretic and in the treatment of hypertension.
- phenylthiocarbamide — a crystalline, slightly water-soluble solid, C 6 H 5 NHCSNH 2 , that is either tasteless or bitter, depending upon the heredity of the taster, and is used in medical genetics and as a diagnostic.
20 letter words ending with ide
- heteropolysaccharide — (carbohydrate) any polysaccharide formed from two or more different kinds of monosaccharide.
22 letter words ending with ide
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
24 letter words ending with ide
- oligodeoxyribonucleotide — (biochemistry) Any oligonucleotide composed of deoxyribose monomemers.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IDE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1109 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IDE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.