Words ending with id
2 letter words ending with id
3 letter words ending with id
- aid — Aid is money, equipment, or services that are provided for people, countries, or organizations who need them but cannot provide them for themselves.
- bid — A bid for something or a bid to do something is an attempt to obtain it or do it.
- cid — The CID is the branch of the police force in Britain concerned with finding out who has committed crimes. CID is an abbreviation for 'Criminal Investigation Department'.
- did — Did is the past tense of do1.
- fid — a stout bar of wood or metal placed across a lower spar so as to support a higher one.
4 letter words ending with id
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
- amid — If something happens amid noises or events of some kind, it happens while the other things are happening.
- arid — Arid land is so dry that very few plants can grow on it.
- avid — You use avid to describe someone who is very enthusiastic about something that they do.
- caid — a local leader or a Muslim tribal chief
5 letter words ending with id
- acrid — An acrid smell or taste is strong and sharp, and usually unpleasant.
- alcid — any of twenty-two species of oceanic birds of the family Alcidae
- algid — chilly or cold
- aphid — Aphids are very small insects which live on plants and suck their juices.
- aroid — of, relating to, or belonging to the Araceae, a family of plants having small flowers massed on a spadix surrounded by a large petaloid spathe. The family includes arum, calla, and anthurium
6 letter words ending with id
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
- aeneid — an epic poem in Latin by Virgil relating the experiences of Aeneas after the fall of Troy, written chiefly to provide an illustrious historical background for Rome
- afraid — If you are afraid of someone or afraid to do something, you are frightened because you think that something very unpleasant is going to happen to you.
- agamid — any other lizard of the family Agamidae, which occur in the Old World and Australia and show a wide range of habits and diversity of structure
- algoid — resembling or relating to algae
7 letter words ending with id
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- acaroid — resembling a mite or tick
- acridid — locust (def 1).
- adelgid — any of various homopterous insects of the family Adelgidae, as Adelges abietis (spruce gall aphid) and Pineus pinifoliae (pine leaf aphid) that feed and form galls on conifers.
- adenoid — of or resembling a gland
8 letter words ending with id
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- actinoid — having a radiate form, as a sea anemone or starfish
- al-obeid — El Obeid
- alkaloid — any of a group of nitrogenous basic compounds found in plants, typically insoluble in water and physiologically active. Common examples are morphine, strychnine, quinine, nicotine, and caffeine
- amberoid — a synthetic amber made by compressing pieces of amber and other resins together at a high temperature
9 letter words ending with id
- acanthoid — resembling a spine; spiny
- aforesaid — Aforesaid means the same as aforementioned.
- allantoid — relating to or resembling the allantois
- almoravid — a member of a Muslim dynasty ruling in Spain and northern Africa from 1056 to 1147.
- anabantid — any of various spiny-finned fishes constituting the family Anabantidae and including the fighting fish, climbing perch, and gourami
10 letter words ending with id
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- al-ubayyid — El Obeid
- albuminoid — resembling albumin
- ambystomid — Also called mole salamander. any of various small- to moderate-sized salamanders of the genus Ambystoma, terrestrial or semiaquatic, inhabiting North America from New England to Florida and westward to Texas.
- amianthoid — a fine variety of asbestos, with delicate, flexible filaments.
11 letter words ending with id
- adenomatoid — Of or pertaining to an adenoma.
- antherozoid — one of many small male gametes produced in an antheridium
- cannabinoid — any of the narcotic chemical substances found in cannabin
- chambermaid — A chambermaid is a woman who cleans and tidies the bedrooms in a hotel.
- chaud-froid — a cooked dish of fowl or game, served cold with aspic, jelly, or a sauce.
12 letter words ending with id
- amphidiploid — a plant originating from hybridization between two species in which the chromosome number is the sum of the chromosome numbers of both parental species. It behaves as an independent species
- bioflavonoid — any of a group of biologically active flavone compounds that may help maintain the blood's capillary walls, reducing the likelihood of hemorrhaging: widely found in plants, esp. citrus fruits
- caesalpinoid — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caesalpinoideae, a mainly tropical subfamily of leguminous plants that have irregular flowers: includes carob, senna, brazil, cassia, and poinciana
- counter-raid — a sudden assault or attack, as upon something to be seized or suppressed: a police raid on a gambling ring.
- cysticercoid — the larva of any of certain tapeworms, which resembles a cysticercus but has a smaller bladder
13 letter words ending with id
- allopolyploid — (of cells, organisms, etc) having more than two sets of haploid chromosomes inherited from different species
- anaphylactoid — Of, pertaining to, or resembling anaphylaxis.
- antiapartheid — (in the Republic of South Africa) a rigid former policy of segregating and economically and politically oppressing the nonwhite population.
- autopolyploid — (of cells, organisms, etc) having more than two sets of haploid chromosomes inherited from a single species
- carbolic-acid — Also called carbolic acid, hydroxybenzene, oxybenzene, phenylic acid. a white, crystalline, water-soluble, poisonous mass, C 6 H 5 OH, obtained from coal tar, or a hydroxyl derivative of benzene: used chiefly as a disinfectant, as an antiseptic, and in organic synthesis.
14 letter words ending with id
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- cercopithecoid — of, relating to, or belonging to the primate superfamily Cercopithecoidea (Old World monkeys)
- corticosteroid — any steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex that affects carbohydrate, protein, and electrolyte metabolism, gonad function, and immune response
- cricoarytenoid — A muscle connecting the cricoid cartilage and arytenoid cartilage.
15 letter words ending with id
- pyrogallic-acid — a white, crystalline, water-soluble, poisonous, solid, phenolic compound, C 6 H 3 (OH) 3 , obtained by heating gallic acid and water: used chiefly as a developer in photography, as a mordant for wool, in dyeing, and in medicine in the treatment of certain skin conditions.
16 letter words ending with id
- pithecanthropoid — of, relating to, or resembling the former genus Pithecanthropus or one of its members.
17 letter words ending with id
- glycosphingolipid — (biochemistry) a lipid that contains at least one monosaccharide unit and either a sphingoid or a ceramide.
- haroun-al-raschid — Harun al-Rashid.
- mineralocorticoid — Biochemistry. any of a group of corticosteroid hormones, synthesized by the adrenal cortex, that regulate the excretion or reabsorption of sodium and potassium by the kidneys, salivary glands, and sweat glands.
20 letter words ending with id
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ID. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1879 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ID that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.