Words ending with ian
3 letter words ending with ian
- ian — a male given name, Scottish form of John.
4 letter words ending with ian
- pian — yaws.
- sian — Older Spelling. Xian.
- fa xian — original name Sehi. 5th century ad, Chinese Buddhist monk: his pilgrimage to India (399–414) began relations between China and India
- si-ma qian — ?145–?85 bc, Chinese historian, author of the Shih-chi, a history of China from earliest times to the 2nd century bc, usually considered the greatest historical work in Chinese
5 letter words ending with ian
- apian — of, relating to, or resembling bees
- arian — of, relating to, or characterizing Arius or Arianism
- asian — Asian means belonging to or relating to Asia. British people use this term especially to refer to India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Americans use this term especially to refer to China, Korea, Thailand, Japan, or Vietnam.
- avian — of, relating to, or resembling a bird
- brian — Havergal (ˈhævəɡəl). 1876–1972, English composer, who wrote 32 symphonies, including the large-scale Gothic Symphony (1919–27)
6 letter words ending with ian
- adrian — Edgar Douglas, Baron Adrian. 1889–1977, English physiologist, noted particularly for his research into the function of neurons: shared with Sherrington the Nobel prize for physiology and medicine 1932
- banian — banyan
- carian — a native or inhabitant of Caria.
- dalian — a city in NE China, at the end of the Liaodong Peninsula: with the adjoining city of Lüshun comprises the port complex of Lüda. Pop: 2 709 000 (2005 est)
- delian — a native or inhabitant of Delos
7 letter words ending with ian
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- acadian — denoting or relating to Acadia or its inhabitants
- aeolian — of or relating to the wind; produced or carried by the wind
- aeonian — everlasting
- alexian — a member of a congregation of brothers founded for the care of the sick at Mechlin, Brabant, in the 15th century.
8 letter words ending with ian
- accadian — the eastern Semitic language, now extinct, of Assyria and Babylonia, written with a cuneiform script.
- actinian — belonging or pertaining to the order or suborder Actiniaria, comprising the sea anemones.
- adlerian — of or relating to Alfred Adler or his ideas
- aerarian — of or relating to the aerarium.
- aesopian — of Aesop or characteristic of his fables
9 letter words ending with ian
- abkhazian — a Caucasian language of Abkhazia, best known for its rich consonantism.
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- actuarian — Insurance. a person who computes premium rates, dividends, risks, etc., according to probabilities based on statistical records.
- alabamian — of or relating to Alabama or its inhabitants
- algonkian — Algonquian
10 letter words ending with ian
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- abyssinian — a native or inhabitant of Abyssinia
- addisonian — of, relating to, or characteristic of Joseph Addison or his works.
- aedilitian — one of a board of magistrates in charge of public buildings, streets, markets, games, etc.
11 letter words ending with ian
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
12 letter words ending with ian
- aesthetician — a student of aesthetics
- ambartsumian — Viktor A(mazaspovich). 1908–96, Armenian astrophysicist, renowned for his description of radio sources as explosions in the core of galaxies
- anglo-indian — An Anglo-Indian person is someone whose family is partly British and partly Indian.
- antediluvian — Antediluvian things are old or old-fashioned.
- antemeridian — before noon; in the morning
13 letter words ending with ian
- ante-meridian — occurring before noon.
- anti-freudian — of or relating to Sigmund Freud or his doctrines, especially with respect to the causes and treatment of neurotic and psychopathic states, the interpretation of dreams, etc.
- antichristian — Pertaining to Antichrist.
- anythingarian — a person who adheres to no particular creed
- arithmetician — a person skilled in arithmetic
14 letter words ending with ian
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- arcado-cyprian — an ancient language group of eastern Greece.
- attitudinarian — a person who assumes an affected attitude
- brobdingnagian — gigantic; huge; immense
- chondrichthian — any member of the class Chondrichthyes, comprising the cartilaginous fishes.
15 letter words ending with ian
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- anti-malthusian — of or relating to the theories of T. R. Malthus, which state that population tends to increase faster, at a geometrical ratio, than the means of subsistence, which increases at an arithmetical ratio, and that this will result in an inadequate supply of the goods supporting life unless war, famine, or disease reduces the population or the increase of population is checked.
- biostatistician — someone who studies or works professionally in the field of biostatistics
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
- christadelphian — a member of a Christian millenarian sect founded in the US about 1848, holding that only the just will enter eternal life, that the wicked will be annihilated, and that the ignorant, the unconverted, and infants will not be raised from the dead
16 letter words ending with ian
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- anti-trinitarian — believing in or adhering to the doctrine of the Trinity.
17 letter words ending with ian
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- malayo-polynesian — a family of languages extending from Madagascar to the central Pacific, including Malagasy, Malay, Indonesian, Tagalog, and Polynesian
- niger-kordofanian — a language family comprising Niger-Congo and Kordofanian.
18 letter words ending with ian
20 letter words ending with ian
21 letter words ending with ian
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words ending with ian
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words ending with ian
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1427 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.