Words ending with hane
5 letter words ending with hane
6 letter words ending with hane
7 letter words ending with hane
8 letter words ending with hane
- camphane — a terpene hyrdocarbon, C10H18, that is both saturated and inert
- diaphane — Something transparent or diaphanous.
- isophane — (uncountable, medicine) A synthetic form of insulin used to treat diabetes.
- kelthane — a pesticide sprayed on agricultural and ornamental plants to eliminate mites
- menthane — (organic compound) Any of a number of isomeric saturated cyclic monoterpene hydrocarbons.
9 letter words ending with hane
- allophane — a variously coloured amorphous mineral consisting of hydrated aluminium silicate and occurring in cracks in some sedimentary rocks
- cymophane — a yellow or green opalescent variety of chrysoberyl
- halothane — a colorless liquid, C 2 HBrClF 3 , used as an inhalant for general anesthesia.
- hedyphane — a white or yellow mineral with elongated crystals similar to mimetite, chiefly found in Sweden
- lexiphane — One who uses words pretentiously.
10 letter words ending with hane
- cellophane — Cellophane is a thin, transparent material that is used to wrap things.
- collophane — a massive, cryptocrystalline variety of apatite that is the principal component of phosphate rock and fossil bone.
- hyalophane — a variety of orthoclase in which some of the potassium is replaced by barium.
- hydrophane — a partly translucent variety of opal, which becomes more translucent or transparent when immersed in water.
- lithophane — a transparency made of thin porcelain or bone china having an intaglio design.
11 letter words ending with hane
12 letter words ending with hane
- aminomethane — (organic compound, often in combination) methylamine (or a derivative of it).
- bromomethane — methyl bromide.
- chloroethane — ethyl chloride.
- diazomethane — a yellow odourless explosive gas, used as a methylating agent. Formula: CH2:N:N
- ethoxyethane — (organic compound) The systematic name for diethyl ether.
13 letter words ending with hane
14 letter words ending with hane
- dichloroethane — a colourless toxic liquid compound that is used chiefly as a solvent. Formula: C2H4Cl2
- germanomethane — (chemistry) germanium tetrahydride.
- sulphonmethane — a colourless crystalline compound used medicinally as a hypnotic. Formula: C7H16O4S2
- trihalomethane — a type of chemical compound in which three of the hydrogen atoms in a methane molecule have been replaced by halogen atoms, esp by chlorine in drinking water. Trihalomethanes are thought to be carcinogenic
- triiodomethane — iodoform.
15 letter words ending with hane
- dichloromethane — a noxious colourless liquid widely used as a solvent, e.g. in paint strippers. Formula: CH2Cl2
- dimethylmethane — propane.
- perchloroethane — hexachloroethane.
- trichloroethane — a volatile nonflammable colourless liquid with low toxicity used for cleaning electrical apparatus and as a solvent; 1,2,3-trichloroethane. Formula: CH3CCl3
16 letter words ending with hane
- chlorophenothane — DDT.
- dimethoxymethane — methylal.
- hexachloroethane — a colorless crystalline compound, C 2 Cl 6 , with a camphorlike odor, soluble in alcohol and ether, insoluble in water: used in organic synthesis and pyrotechnics, as a retarding agent in fermentation, and as a solvent.
- perchloromethane — carbon tetrachloride.
- trichloromethane — chloroform (def 1).
18 letter words ending with hane
19 letter words ending with hane
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
21 letter words ending with hane
- trichloronitromethane — chloropicrin.
22 letter words ending with hane
23 letter words ending with hane
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
30 letter words ending with hane
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words ending with hane
On this page, we collect all words that ending in HANE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 66 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in HANE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.