Words ending with hage
6 letter words ending with hage
7 letter words ending with hage
- couhage — Obsolete form of cowage.
- cowhage — a tropical, leguminous vine (Mucuna pruriens) bearing pods covered with fine barbed hairs that easily penetrate animal or human skin, causing intense itching: some strains are grown for forage
- lochage — (historical) An officer who commanded a company in Ancient Greece.
8 letter words ending with hage
- berthage — a place for mooring boats
- carthage — an ancient city state, on the N African coast near present-day Tunis. Founded about 800 bc by Phoenician traders, it grew into an empire dominating N Africa and the Mediterranean. Destroyed and then rebuilt by Rome, it was finally razed by the Arabs in 697 ad
- prophage — a stable, inherited form of bacteriophage in which the genetic material of the virus is integrated into, replicated, and expressed with the genetic material of the bacterial host.
- roughage — rough or coarse material.
- weighage — a duty paid for weighing goods
9 letter words ending with hage
- bethphage — a place in ancient Israel, at the foot of the Mount of Olives: starting point of Jesus' ride into Jerusalem. Matt. 21:1; Mark 11:1; Luke 19:29.
- coliphage — a bacteriophage
- lexiphage — (graphics) /lek'si-fayj"/ A notorious word chomper, implemented and named by John Doty in late 1972 on and HP calculator and later on ITS. The lexiphage program would draw on a selected victim's bitmapped terminal the words "THE BAG" in ornate letters, followed a pair of jaws biting pieces of it off.
- repechage — (in cycling and rowing) a last-chance qualifying heat in which the runners-up in earlier heats race each other, with the winner advancing to the finals.
- xylophage — any insect or organism that eats wood
10 letter words ending with hage
- beth-phage — a place in ancient Israel, at the foot of the Mount of Olives: starting point of Jesus' ride into Jerusalem. Matt. 21:1; Mark 11:1; Luke 19:29.
- gravenhage — a Dutch name of The Hague.
- hemorrhage — a profuse discharge of blood, as from a ruptured blood vessel; bleeding.
- macrophage — a large white blood cell, occurring principally in connective tissue and in the bloodstream, that ingests foreign particles and infectious microorganisms by phagocytosis.
- microphage — a small phagocytic cell in blood or lymph, especially a polymorphonuclear leukocyte.
11 letter words ending with hage
- bibliophage — an ardent reader; a bookworm.
- haemorrhage — (pathology) A heavy release of blood within or from a body.
- ostreophage — someone who loves or eats oysters
- brain haemorrhage — bleeding into the brain
- cerebral haemorrhage — bleeding from an artery in the brain, which in severe cases causes a stroke
12 letter words ending with hage
- myrmecophage — (biology) Anteaters, and other animals chiefly feeding on ants.
13 letter words ending with hage
- bacteriophage — a virus that is parasitic in a bacterium and multiplies within its host, which is destroyed when the new viruses are released
On this page, we collect all words that ending in HAGE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 31 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in HAGE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.