Words ending with h
2 letter words ending with h
- ah — Ah is used in writing to represent a noise that people make in conversation, for example to acknowledge or draw attention to something, or to express surprise or disappointment.
- bh — Bahrain
- ch — (language) An interpreted programming language sold by Soft Integration and marketed for scripting, shell programming and graph plotting, it is a superset of C++. Ch is also the name of Soft Integration's interpreter for the language. Currently the Ch interpreter is available for Windows, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux and Mac platforms.
3 letter words ending with h
4 letter words ending with h
- aceh — an autonomous region of N Indonesia, in N Sumatra; mountainous with rain forests; scene of separatist conflict since the late 1990s; coastal areas suffered badly in the Indian Ocean tsunami of December 2004. Capital: Banda Aceh. Pop: 3 930 905 (2000). Area: 55 392 sq km (21 381 sq miles)
- acth — adrenocorticotrophic hormone; a polypeptide hormone, secreted by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, that stimulates growth of the adrenal gland and the synthesis and secretion of corticosteroids. It is used in treating rheumatoid arthritis, allergic and skin diseases, and many other disorders
- adah — one of the two wives of Lamech. Gen. 4:19.
- amah — (in the East, esp formerly) a nurse or maidservant, esp one of Chinese origin
- ankh — a tau cross with a loop on the top, symbolizing eternal life: often appearing in Egyptian personal names, such as Tutankhamen
5 letter words ending with h
- abash — to cause to feel ill at ease, embarrassed, or confused; make ashamed
- admah — one of the cities that was destroyed along with Sodom and Gomorrah. Deut. 29:23.
- adnah — a Manassite deserter from Saul's to David's army. I Chron. 12:20.
- airth — a direction.
- aitch — the letter h or the sound represented by it
6 letter words ending with h
- ablush — (of a person) blushing
- abrash — any variation or change, typically striation, in the different dyes of an Oriental rug as it ages.
- achish — the king of the Philistine city of Gath, who twice gave refuge to David. I Sam. 21:10–15.
- achsah — the daughter of Caleb who was promised in marriage to the conqueror of the city of Debir. Josh. 15:16–19; Judges 1:12–15.
- adolph — a masculine name: equiv. L. Adolphus, Fr. Adolphe, Ger. Adolf
7 letter words ending with h
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- abroach — (of a cask, barrel, etc) tapped; broached
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- aggadah — a homiletic passage of the Talmud
- ahaziah — a son of Ahab and his successor as king of Israel, reigned 853?–852? b.c. I Kings 22:40.
8 letter words ending with h
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- accroach — to assume to oneself without right or authority; usurp.
- ace-high — esteemed; respected
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
9 letter words ending with h
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- acre-inch — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 inch; one twelfth of an acre-foot: equivalent to 3630 cubic feet or 102.8 cubic metres
- acritarch — a type of small fossil
- adigranth — Granth.
- aerograph — a device formerly used to make descriptions of the character of the upper atmosphere
10 letter words ending with h
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
- afterbirth — the placenta and fetal membranes expelled from the uterus after the birth of the offspring
- ahmadiyyah — a messianic Islamic sect founded in Qadian, India, in 1889 by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad; it split into two branches in 1914
- altazimuth — an instrument for measuring the altitude and azimuth of a celestial body by the horizontal and vertical rotation of a telescope
11 letter words ending with h
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- acrocorinth — the citadel of ancient Corinth: strategic in the control of the Isthmus of Corinth; extensive ruins.
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
12 letter words ending with h
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- anglo-french — of or relating to England and France
- anti-british — opposed to anything characteristic of or relating to Britain
- apple-polish — to curry favor with someone, especially in an obsequious or flattering manner.
13 letter words ending with h
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- automatograph — a device for recording involuntary bodily movements.
14 letter words ending with h
- anopisthograph — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- autoradiograph — a photograph showing the distribution of a radioactive substance in a specimen. The photographic plate is exposed by radiation from the specimen
- babies'-breath — baby's breath
- back-and-forth — backward and forward; side to side; to and fro: a back-and-forth shuttling of buses to the stadium; the back-and-forth movement of a clock's pendulum.
- barometrograph — barograph.
15 letter words ending with h
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- barothermograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure and temperature.
- borough-english — (until 1925) a custom in certain English boroughs whereby the youngest son inherited land to the exclusion of his older brothers
- chemolithotroph — Chemoautotroph.
16 letter words ending with h
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- bathythermograph — a device for measuring the temperature of the ocean at any specific depth down to c. 1,800 m (c. 5,900 ft)
- camborne-redruth — a former (until 1974) urban district in SW England, in Cornwall: formed in 1934 by the amalgamation of the neighbouring towns of Camborne and Redruth. Pop: 39 936 (2001)
- chemoheterotroph — an organism that obtains its energy from the oxidation of organic compounds
17 letter words ending with h
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- contradistinguish — to differentiate by means of contrasting or opposing qualities
18 letter words ending with h
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
19 letter words ending with h
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words ending with h
21 letter words ending with h
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7199 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.