Words ending with gh
2 letter words ending with gh
- gh — (networking) The country code for Ghana.
3 letter words ending with gh
4 letter words ending with gh
5 letter words ending with gh
- -high — -high combines with words such as 'knee' or 'shoulder' to indicate that someone or something reaches as high as the point that is mentioned.
- aargh — a cry of pain
- ahigh — at a significant height
- anigh — near, close
- baugh — Samuel Adrian ("Slinging Sammy") 1914–2008, U.S. football player and coach.
6 letter words ending with gh
- -burgh — -burg
- abeigh — aloof
- anough — enough
- armagh — a historical county of S Northern Ireland: in 1973 it was replaced for administrative purposes by the districts of Armagh and Craigavon. Area: 1326 sq km (512 sq miles)
- aweigh — (of an anchor) no longer hooked into the bottom; hanging by its rode
7 letter words ending with gh
- borough — A borough is a town, or a district within a large town, which has its own council.
- branagh — Sir Kenneth. born 1961, British actor and director, born in Northern Ireland. He founded the Renaissance Theatre Company in 1986. His films include Henry V (1989), Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994), Hamlet (1997), and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
- curragh — a coracle.
- enrough — to roughen
- inveigh — to protest strongly or attack vehemently with words; rail (usually followed by against): to inveigh against isolationism.
8 letter words ending with gh
- ace-high — esteemed; respected
- although — You use although to introduce a subordinate clause which contains a statement which contrasts with the statement in the main clause.
- burleigh — Burghley
- claddagh — Irish ring
- corcaigh — a city and port in S Republic of Ireland, county town of Co Cork, at the mouth of the River Lee: seat of the University College of Cork (1849). Pop: 186 239 (2002)
9 letter words ending with gh
- aldeburgh — a small resort in SE England, in Suffolk: site of an annual music festival established in 1948 by Benjamin Britten. Pop: 2654 (2001)
- allthough — Obsolete form of although.
- bobsleigh — A bobsleigh is a vehicle with long thin strips of metal fixed to the bottom, which is used for racing downhill on ice.
- bradlaugh — Charles. 1833–91, British radical and freethinker: barred from taking his seat in parliament (1880–86) for refusing to take the parliamentary oath
- downweigh — (transitive) To weigh or press down; depress; cause to sink or prevent from rising.
10 letter words ending with gh
11 letter words ending with gh
- castlereagh — a district of E Northern Ireland, in Co Down. Pop: 66 076 (2003 est). Area: 85 sq km (33 sq miles)
- eavestrough — gutter (def 3).
- farnborough — a town in S England, in NE Hampshire: military base, with an aeronautical research centre. Pop: 57 147 (2001)
- feedthrough — a connector used to pass a conductor through a circuit board or enclosure.
- flowthrough — Flow (through a system or process).
12 letter words ending with gh
- attenborough — Sir David. born 1926, British naturalist and broadcaster; noted esp for his TV series Life on Earth (1978), The Living Planet (1983), The Life of Birds (1998), The Life of Mammals (2002), and First Life (2010)
- breakthrough — A breakthrough is an important development or achievement.
- breastplough — a plough driven by the worker's breast, often used to pare turf
- clickthrough — the act of clicking on an advertisement or other link to go to another website, especially a retail site: The store gets lots of clickthroughs from social media.
- counterweigh — counterbalance
13 letter words ending with gh
- click-through — the act of clicking on an advertisement or other link to go to another website, especially a retail site: The store gets lots of clickthroughs from social media.
- drive-through — the act of driving through a specified locality or place, especially driving into a place of business, completing a transaction from one's car, and driving out: a quick drive-through of Beverly Hills; The bank has outside tellers' windows to accept deposits by drive-through.
- floor-through — occupying the entire depth of a building: a floor-through apartment.
- middleborough — a town in SE Massachusetts.
- middlesbrough — a seaport in NE England, on the Tees estuary.
14 letter words ending with gh
- button-through — (of a dress or skirt) fastened with buttons from top to hem
- follow-through — the completion of a motion, as in the stroke of a tennis racket.
- middlesborough — a city in SE Kentucky.
- opechancanough — c1545–1644, Algonquian leader, brother of Powhatan: led Jamestown massacre 1622.
- wellingborough — a town in central England, in Northamptonshire. Pop: 46 959 (2001)
On this page, we collect all words that ending in GH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 353 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in GH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.