Words ending with ess
4 letter words ending with ess
- bess — a diminutive of Elizabeth
- cess — (formerly) any of several special taxes, such as a land tax in Scotland
- fess — a teacher.
- hess — Dame Myra, 1890–1965, English pianist.
- couldn't care less — If you say that you couldn't care less about someone or something, you are emphasizing that you are not interested in them or worried about them. In American English, you can also say that you could care less, with the same meaning.
5 letter words ending with ess
- bless — When someone such as a priest blesses people or things, he asks for God's favour and protection for them.
- chess — Chess is a game for two people, played on a chessboard. Each player has 16 pieces, including a king. Your aim is to move your pieces so that your opponent's king cannot escape being taken.
- cress — Cress is a plant with small green leaves that are used in salads or to decorate food. See also mustard and cress.
- dress — an outer garment for women and girls, consisting of bodice and skirt in one piece.
- fress — to eat or snack, especially often or in large quantities.
6 letter words ending with ess
- abbess — An abbess is the nun who is in charge of the other nuns in a convent.
- access — If you have access to a building or other place, you are able or allowed to go into it.
- assess — When you assess a person, thing, or situation, you consider them in order to make a judgment about them.
- awless — displaying no awe; unawed.
- caress — If you caress someone, you stroke them gently and affectionately.
7 letter words ending with ess
- abscess — An abscess is a painful swelling containing pus.
- actress — An actress is a woman whose job is acting in plays or films.
- address — Your address is the number of the house, flat, or apartment and the name of the street and the town where you live or work.
- ageless — If you describe someone as ageless, you mean that they never seem to look any older.
- aggress — to attack first or begin a quarrel
8 letter words ending with ess
- achiness — a constant, dull pain
- airiness — the quality or condition of being fresh, light, or breezy
- archness — the quality of being arch, or saucily mischievous
- backless — A backless dress leaves most of a woman's back uncovered down to her waist.
- baldness — having little or no hair on the scalp: a bald head; a bald person.
9 letter words ending with ess
- acuteness — sharp or severe in effect; intense: acute sorrow; an acute pain.
- adeptness — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- agileness — the quality of being agile
- alertness — fully aware and attentive; wide-awake; keen: an alert mind.
- aliveness — having life; living; existing; not dead or lifeless.
10 letter words ending with ess
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- actionless — inactive, without action
- activeness — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- adroitness — expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body.
11 letter words ending with ess
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- adventuress — a woman who seeks adventure, esp one who seeks success or money through daring exploits
- air-express — to send or transport by air express: Your package will be air-expressed and should reach its destination tomorrow.
- airsickness — a feeling of nausea and dizziness, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, as a result of the motion of the aircraft in which one is traveling.
- amorousness — inclined or disposed to love, especially sexual love: an amorous disposition.
12 letter words ending with ess
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
13 letter words ending with ess
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- agreeableness — to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
14 letter words ending with ess
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- applicableness — applying or capable of being applied; relevant; suitable; appropriate: an applicable rule; a solution that is applicable to the problem.
- articulateness — uttered clearly in distinct syllables.
- artificialness — the condition of being non-natural, unnatural or spurious
15 letter words ending with ess
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- appropriateness — suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
- bloodguiltiness — guilty of murder or bloodshed.
- carnivorousness — flesh-eating: A dog is a carnivorous animal.
16 letter words ending with ess
- apprehensiveness — uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- bright-blindness — blindness occurring in sheep grazing pastures heavily infested with bracken
- cantankerousness — disagreeable to deal with; contentious; peevish: a cantankerous, argumentative man.
- conciliatoriness — tending to conciliate: a conciliatory manner; conciliatory comments.
17 letter words ending with ess
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- authoritativeness — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- communicativeness — inclined to communicate or impart; talkative: He isn't feeling very communicative today.
- complementariness — forming a complement; completing.
18 letter words ending with ess
- honest-to-goodness — real or genuine.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ESS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5308 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ESS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.