Words ending with es
3 letter words ending with es
- aes — any of various early forms of bronze or copper money used in ancient Rome. Compare as2 (def 1).
- bes — an ancient Egyptian god represented as a grotesque hairy dwarf: the patron of music and pleasure
- des — Department of Education and Science
- des res — (in estate agents' jargon) a desirable residence
4 letter words ending with es
- aces — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- ages — the length of time during which a being or thing has existed; length of life or existence to the time spoken of or referred to: trees of unknown age; His age is 20 years.
- ames — a city in central Iowa.
- anes — once.
- ares — the god of war, born of Zeus and Hera
5 letter words ending with es
- abbes — a member of the secular clergy.
- abies — a fir tree
- aedes — any mosquito of the genus Aedes (formerly Stegomyia) of tropical and subtropical regions, esp A. aegypti, which transmits yellow fever and dengue
- agnes — Saint. ?292–?304 ad, Christian child martyr under Diocletian. Feast day: Jan 21
- agues — Pathology. a malarial fever characterized by regularly returning paroxysms, marked by successive cold, hot, and sweating fits.
6 letter words ending with es
- abates — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- aboves — in, at, or to a higher place.
- acutes — sharp or severe in effect; intense: acute sorrow; an acute pain.
- adages — a traditional saying expressing a common experience or observation; proverb.
- addles — mentally confused; muddled.
7 letter words ending with es
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
- achates — Aeneas' faithful companion in Virgil's Aeneid
- actives — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- admires — to regard with wonder, pleasure, or approval.
- advices — an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.: I shall act on your advice.
8 letter words ending with es
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
- accesses — the ability, right, or permission to approach, enter, speak with, or use; admittance: They have access to the files.
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
9 letter words ending with es
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- absentees — a person who is absent, especially from work or school.
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- achimenes — any plant of the tropical S American tuberous-rooted perennial genus Achimenes, with showy red, blue, or white tubular flowers, some of which are grown as greenhouse plants: family Gesneriaceae
10 letter words ending with es
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- accidences — the rudiments or essentials of a subject.
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- acquiesces — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
- activities — the state or quality of being active: There was not much activity in the stock market today. He doesn't have enough physical activity in his life.
11 letter words ending with es
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- accessories — Accessories belong to a product category in fashion stores, which includes items such as scarves, hats, gloves, belts, and purses.
- accompanies — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- actinomyces — a genus of bacteria that causes disease in humans and improves soil ecology
- adjudicates — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
12 letter words ending with es
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- adolescences — the transitional period between puberty and adulthood in human development, extending mainly over the teen years and terminating legally when the age of majority is reached; youth.
- alternatives — a choice limited to one of two or more possibilities, as of things, propositions, or courses of action, the selection of which precludes any other possibility: You have the alternative of riding or walking.
- appendencies — attached or suspended; annexed.
- appropriates — suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
13 letter words ending with es
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- appurtenances — accessories or equipment
- aschelminthes — a major grouping (formerly a phylum) of small-to-microscopic pseudocoelomate organisms, as the rotifers, nematodes, and gastrotriches, all of which are now classified as separate phyla.
- atypicalities — not typical; not conforming to the type; irregular; abnormal: atypical behavior; a flower atypical of the species.
- betweenwhiles — betweentimes.
14 letter words ending with es
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- antihistamines — any of certain compounds or medicines that neutralize or inhibit the effect of histamine in the body, used chiefly in the treatment of allergic disorders and colds.
- availabilities — suitable or ready for use; of use or service; at hand: I used whatever tools were available.
- axis-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
15 letter words ending with es
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- basses-pyrenees — former name of Pyrénées-Atlantiques.
- belt-and-braces — providing double security, in case one security measure should fail
- cleavage-planes — the act of cleaving or splitting.
- compatibilities — capable of existing or living together in harmony: the most compatible married couple I know.
16 letter words ending with es
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
17 letter words ending with es
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- arithmetic-series — a sequence in which each term is obtained by the addition of a constant number to the preceding term, as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 6, 1, −4, −9, −14.
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- behind-the-scenes — If something is done behind the scenes, it is done secretly rather than publicly.
19 letter words ending with es
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
20 letter words ending with es
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
24 letter words ending with es
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ES. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10269 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ES that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.