Words ending with er
4 letter words ending with er
- acer — any tree or shrub of the genus Acer, often cultivated for their brightly coloured foliage
- ager — anything that produces the effects of age on another thing
- aser — Asher (def 1).
- auer — Karl (karl), Baron von Welsbach. 1858–1929, Austrian chemist who discovered the alloy of cerium and iron used for flints in cigarette lighters and invented the incandescent gas mantle
- aver — If you aver that something is the case, you say very firmly that it is true.
5 letter words ending with er
- abler — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- abner — a masculine name
- acker — a pimple
- adder — In Europe and Asia, an adder is a small poisonous snake that has a black pattern on its back. In North America, a number of different poisonous and non-poisonous snakes are called adders.
- adler — Alfred (ˈalfreːt). 1870–1937, Austrian psychiatrist, noted for his descriptions of overcompensation and inferiority feelings
6 letter words ending with er
7 letter words ending with er
- abetter — a person who abets.
- abraser — a machine for testing the abrasion resistance of a material.
- abutter — the owner of adjoining property
- accuser — An accuser is a person who says that another person has done something wrong, especially that he or she has committed a crime.
- acroter — a plinth bearing a statue, etc, at either end or at the apex of a pediment
8 letter words ending with er
- abhorrer — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- absorber — a person or thing that absorbs
- accepter — a person or thing that accepts.
- accouter — to outfit; equip, esp. for military service
9 letter words ending with er
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- accipiter — any hawk of the genus Accipiter, typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- addresser — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
10 letter words ending with er
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- acetimeter — acetometer
- acetometer — a device for measuring the concentration of acetic acid in a solution, esp in vinegar
- acidimeter — any instrument or standard solution for determining the amount of acid in a sample solution
- acidometer — a type of hydrometer for measuring the relative density of an acid solution, esp the acid in a battery
11 letter words ending with er
- acetobacter — any of several ellipsoidal or rodshaped aerobic bacteria of the genus Acetobacter, certain species of which are used in making vinegar.
- actinometer — an instrument for measuring the intensity of radiation, esp of the sun's rays
- afterburner — a device in the exhaust system of an internal-combustion engine for removing or rendering harmless potentially dangerous components in the exhaust gases
- aftercooler — a device for cooling compressed air or gases to reduce their volume or temperature.
- afternooner — a person or thing that appears, flourishes, etc., in the afternoon: One of radio's favorite afternooners is a soap opera.
12 letter words ending with er
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- after-dinner — immediately following dinner: an after-dinner speech.
- air-breather — an aircraft, missile, or submarine engine that requires air from the atmosphere for the combustion of its fuel.
13 letter words ending with er
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- acinetobacter — a bacterium that causes infections such as pneumonia, particularly in people who have a compromised immune system
- actor-manager — a leading actor who produces and usually stars in his or her own productions: Sir Henry Irving was one of the first actor-managers.
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
14 letter words ending with er
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- anesthesimeter — a device for measuring the amount of anesthetic given by inhalation.
- apple-polisher — to curry favor with someone, especially in an obsequious or flattering manner.
- araguaya-river — a river flowing N from central Brazil to the Tocantins River. about 1100 miles (1770 km) long.
15 letter words ending with er
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- black-marketeer — to sell articles in the black market.
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
17 letter words ending with er
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 16082 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ER that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.