Words ending with ene
3 letter words ending with ene
- ene — in an east-northeasterly direction
4 letter words ending with ene
5 letter words ending with ene
6 letter words ending with ene
- -diene — denoting an organic compound containing two double bonds between carbon atoms
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- advene — to become part of or be added to something
- alkene — any unsaturated aliphatic hydrocarbon with the general formula CnH2n
- allene — (organic chemistry) Any of a class of hydrocarbons having two double bonds from one carbon atom to two others - R2C=C=CR2; especially the parent compound CH2=C=CH2 (propadiene).
7 letter words ending with ene
- abilene — a city in central Texas. Pop: 114 889 (2003 est)
- alcmene — the mother of Hercules by Zeus who visited her in the guise of her husband, Amphitryon
- alkmene — the mother of Hercules by Zeus, who had assumed the form of Amphitryon, her husband.
- amylene — any of several liquid isomeric hydrocarbons having the formula C5H10; pentene
- azulene — (organic compound, uncountable) A bicyclic aromatic hydrocarbon containing a five- and a seven-membered fused ring; it is a blue, oily liquid first obtained from the essential oil of wormwood.
8 letter words ending with ene
- adiprene — a polyurethane elastomer with exceptional abrasion resistance and strength
- alkylene — (obsolete, organic chemistry) An alkene.
- arrasene — a material of wool and silk that is used in embroidery
- butylene — any of four alkenes, including isobutylene, having the same formula, C4H8, but differing in properties and structure
- cadinene — (organic compound) Any of a group of isomeric sesquiterpenes found in juniper essential oil.
9 letter words ending with ene
- acetylene — Acetylene is a colourless gas which burns with a very hot bright flame. It is often used in lamps and for cutting and welding metal.
- aminylene — (organic chemistry) A nitrene.
- auraptene — A bioactive monoterpene coumarin ether that helps to prevent degenerative diseases, first isolated from the genus Citrus.
- butadiene — a colourless easily liquefiable flammable gas that polymerizes readily and is used mainly in the manufacture of synthetic rubbers. Formula: CH2:CHCH:CH2
- cefcapene — A particular third-generation cephalosporin antibiotic.
10 letter words ending with ene
- anadyomene — (describing Venus or Aphrodite) rising from the sea
- anthracene — a colourless tricyclic crystalline solid having a slight blue fluorescence, used in the manufacture of chemicals, esp diphenylamine and alizarin, and as crystals in scintillation counters. Formula: C6H4(CH)2C6H4
- antivenene — Alternative spelling of anti-venene.
- asantehene — the ruler of the Ashanti people of Ghana
- asphaltene — any of the constituents of a bitumen, as asphalt, that are insoluble in pentane, hexane, or naphthalene.
11 letter words ending with ene
- aminobutene — a synthetic pain-relieving drug
- ante-nicene — of or relating to the Christian church or period before the Nicene Council of a.d. 325.
- benzopyrene — an aromatic hydrocarbon, C20H12, found in coal tar, cigarette smoke, etc. and known to be a cause of cancer in animals
- chloroprene — a colourless liquid derivative of butadiene that is used in making neoprene rubbers; 2-chloro-1,2-butadiene. Formula: CH2:CHCCl:CH2
- cycloalkene — (organic chemistry) Any unsaturated alicyclic hydrocarbon.
12 letter words ending with ene
- acenaphthene — (organic compound) A hydrocarbon, found in coal tar, derived from naphthalene by the addition of a short aliphatic bridge.
- alkylbenzene — (organic chemistry) Any hydrocarbon formally derived from benzene by replacing one or more hydrogen atoms with alkyl groups.
- aminobenzene — aniline (def 1).
- antioncogene — (genetics) Any gene that suppresses the formation of tumours.
- azophenylene — phenazine.
13 letter words ending with ene
- acetylbenzene — acetophenone.
- aristolochene — (organic compound) A bicyclic sesquiterpene produced by certain fungi.
- beta-carotene — the most abundant of various isomers of carotene, C 40 H 56 , that can be converted by the body to vitamin A.
- caryophyllene — (organic compound) A sesquiterpene (containing a cyclobutane ring) found in the essential oils of several plants such as clove and pepper.
- chlorobenzene — a colourless volatile flammable insoluble liquid with an almond-like odour, made from chlorine and benzene and used as a solvent and in the preparation of many organic compounds, esp phenol and DDT. Formula: C6H5Cl
14 letter words ending with ene
- alpha-carotene — a common form of carotene found in certain vegetables and fruit
- benzanthracene — a carcinogenic hydrocarbon
- chloroethylene — vinyl chloride.
- cyanoacetylene — a nitrile compound known to exist in interstellar clouds
- cyclobutadiene — (organic compound) The unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbon, C4H4 that is the smallest annulene.
15 letter words ending with ene
- cyclopentadiene — a colourless liquid unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbon obtained in the cracking of petroleum hydrocarbons and the distillation of coal tar: used in the manufacture of plastics and insecticides. Formula: C5H6
- dichlorobenzene — any of a group of three insoluble isomeric chemical compounds used in solvents, insecticides, and dyes
- dimethylbenzene — xylene.
- heterofullerene — (chemistry) Any compound formally derived from a fullerene by replacing one or more carbon atom by a heteroatom.
- hexachlorophene — a white, crystalline powder, C 13 Cl 6 H 6 O 2 , insoluble in water: used as an antibacterial agent chiefly in toothpastes and soaps.
16 letter words ending with ene
- hexahydrobenzene — cyclohexane.
- isopropylbenzene — cumene.
- metallofullerene — (chemistry) A fullerene containing an enclosed metal atom.
- post-pleistocene — noting or pertaining to the epoch forming the earlier half of the Quaternary Period, beginning about two million years ago and ending 10,000 years ago, characterized by widespread glacial ice and the advent of modern humans.
17 letter words ending with ene
- benzeneazobenzene — azobenzene.
- chloronaphthalene — either of two isomeric naphthalene compounds containing one chlorine atom.
- cyclooctatetraene — a colorless, flammable liquid cyclic hydrocarbon, C 8 H 8 , used in organic research.
- diphenylacetylene — tolan.
- methylnaphthalene — a compound, C 1 1 H 1 0 , whose alpha isomer, a colorless liquid, is used in determining cetane numbers.
19 letter words ending with ene
- paradichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
- tetrachloroethylene — a colorless, nonflammable, nonexplosive liquid, C 2 Cl 4 , used as a solvent, especially in dry cleaning.
- tetrafluoroethylene — a colorless, water-insoluble, flammable gas, C 2 F 4 , used in the synthesis of certain polymeric resins, as Teflon.
20 letter words ending with ene
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
- para-dichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
21 letter words ending with ene
23 letter words ending with ene
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
- polytetrafluoroethylene — any polymer, plastic, or resin having the formula (C 2 F 4) n , prepared from tetrafluoroethylene, noted for its slippery, nonsticking properties, and used in the manufacture of gaskets, electrical insulation, tubing, candy molds, container linings, frying-pan coatings, etc.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ENE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 437 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ENE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.