Words ending with end
3 letter words ending with end
- end — Come or bring to a final point; finish.
- a means to an end — If you say that something is a means to an end, you mean that it helps you to achieve what you want, although it may not be enjoyable or important itself.
- a sticky end — an unpleasant death
- at a loose end — If you are at a loose end, you are bored because you do not have anything to do and cannot think of anything that you want to do. In American English, you usually say that you are at loose ends.
- at an end — If something is at an end, it has finished and will not continue.
4 letter words ending with end
- bend — When you bend, you move the top part of your body downwards and forwards. Plants and trees also bend.
- fend — to ward off (often followed by off): to fend off blows.
- hend — (obsolete) To take hold of; to grasp, hold.
- lend — to grant the use of (something) on condition that it or its equivalent will be returned.
- mend — to make (something broken, worn, torn, or otherwise damaged) whole, sound, or usable by repairing: to mend old clothes; to mend a broken toy.
5 letter words ending with end
- abend — (computing) An abnormal termination of a program.
- agend — Obsolete form of agendum.
- amend — If you amend something that has been written such as a law, or something that is said, you change it in order to improve it or make it more accurate.
- anend — On end; in an upright position.
- blend — If you blend substances together or if they blend, you mix them together so that they become one substance.
6 letter words ending with end
- accend — to set alight, to ignite
- addend — any of a set of numbers that is to be added
- append — When you append something to something else, especially a piece of writing, you attach it or add it to the end of it.
- ascend — If you ascend a hill or staircase, you go up it.
- attend — If you attend a meeting or other event, you are present at it.
7 letter words ending with end
- backend — Alternative form of back end.
- bartend — to work as a bartender
- bookend — Bookends are a pair of supports used to hold a row of books in an upright position by placing one at each end of the row.
- commend — If you commend someone or something, you praise them formally.
- compend — a compendium
8 letter words ending with end
- adherend — a material attached using adhesive
- anregend — Stimulating, inspiring.
- back-end — (programming) Any software performing either the final stage in a process, or a task not apparent to the user. A common usage is in a compiler. A compiler's back-end generates machine language and performs optimisations specific to the machine's architecture. The term can also be used in the context of network applications. E.g. "The back-end of the system handles socket protocols". Contrast front end.
- backbend — a gymnastic exercise in which the trunk is bent backwards until the hands touch the floor
- befriend — If you befriend someone, especially someone who is lonely or far from home, you make friends with them.
9 letter words ending with end
- apprehend — If the police apprehend someone, they catch them and arrest them.
- archfiend — a chief fiend
- boyfriend — Someone's boyfriend is a man or boy with whom they are having a romantic or sexual relationship.
- deprehend — to apprehend (a person)
- downtrend — a downward or decreasing tendency, movement, or shift: a downtrend in gasoline consumption; a downtrend in stock prices.
10 letter words ending with end
- closed-end — of or pertaining to an investment company issuing a fixed number of shares which are traded on an exchange
- comprehend — If you cannot comprehend something, you cannot understand it.
- condescend — If someone condescends to do something, they agree to do it, but in a way which shows that they think they are better than other people and should not have to do it.
- convertend — the proposition to be subjected to conversion
- discommend — to express disapproval of; belittle; disparage. The diners discommended the wine.
11 letter words ending with end
- condenscend — Misspelling of condescend.
- cyberfriend — A friend with whom one communicates only through the Internet or cyberspace.
- distribuend — something that is distributed
- exboyfriend — Alternative form of ex-boyfriend.
- hyperextend — Forcefully extend (a limb or joint ) beyond its normal limits, either in exercise or therapy or so as to cause injury.
12 letter words ending with end
13 letter words ending with end
15 letter words ending with end
- plumbers-friend — Machinery. a pistonlike reciprocating part moving within the cylinder of a pump or hydraulic device.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in END. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 309 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in END that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.