Words ending with emia
5 letter words ending with emia
- -emia — a (specified) condition or disease of the blood
6 letter words ending with emia
- -aemia — denoting blood, esp a specified condition of the blood in names of diseases
- -hemia — -emia
- anemia — a condition in which there is a reduction of the number, or volume, of red blood corpuscles or of the total amount of hemoglobin in the bloodstream, resulting in paleness, generalized weakness, etc.
- asemia — inability to comprehend or use communicative symbols, as words or gestures.
- pyemia — a diseased state in which pyogenic bacteria are circulating in the blood, characterized by the development of abscesses in various organs.
7 letter words ending with emia
- -haemia — -emia
- acnemia — a condition characterized by atrophy of the muscles of the calf of the leg.
- anaemia — Anaemia is a medical condition in which there are too few red cells in your blood, causing you to feel tired and look pale.
- aphemia — a type of aphasia characterized by the inability to express ideas in spoken words.
- artemia — The brine shrimp (of genus Artemia).
8 letter words ending with emia
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
- acidemia — a state of abnormally high acidity of the blood due to an increase in hydrogen ions
- anoxemia — a reduction in the normal amount of oxygen in the blood, as at high altitudes
- anthemia — an ornament of floral forms in a flat radiating cluster, as in architectural decoration, vase painting, etc.
- azotemia — the accumulation of nitrogenous substances in the blood, resulting from failure of the kidneys to remove them
9 letter words ending with emia
- accademia — an art gallery in Venice housing a collection of paintings by Venetian masters from the 13th to 18th centuries
- acidaemia — (medicine) a medical condition marked by an abnormally high concentration of hydrogen ions in a person's blood.
- alkalemia — abnormal alkalinity of the blood.
- anoxaemia — a deficiency in the amount of oxygen in the arterial blood
- cachaemia — a poisoned condition of the blood
10 letter words ending with emia
11 letter words ending with emia
12 letter words ending with emia
- autotoxaemia — autointoxication.
- dyslipidemia — (medicine) an inbalance of lipids (especially cholesterol) in the blood; hypercholesterolemia.
- galactosemia — an inherited disorder characterized by the inability to metabolize galactose and requiring a galactose-free diet to avoid consequent mental retardation and eye, spleen, and liver abnormalities.
- hyperkalemia — an abnormally high concentration of potassium in the blood.
- hyperlipemia — excessive amounts of fat and fatty substances in the blood; lipemia.
13 letter words ending with emia
14 letter words ending with emia
- hypercalcaemia — a heightened level of calcium in the blood
- hyperglycaemia — an abnormally high level of glucose in the blood.
- hyperlipidemia — excessive amounts of fat and fatty substances in the blood; lipemia.
- hypernatraemia — a heightened concentration of sodium in the blood
- hyperuricaemia — an abnormal elevation of uric acid in the blood
15 letter words ending with emia
- cholesterolemia — the presence of an abnormal amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- hyperlipidaemia — Alternative spelling of hyperlipidemia.
- hyperlipoidemia — An abnormally high level of lipoids in the blood.
- hyperpotassemia — hyperkalemia.
- hypoalbuminemia — an abnormally small quantity of albumin in the blood.
16 letter words ending with emia
- cholesterolaemia — the presence of abnormally high levels of cholesterol in the blood
- hyperinsulinemia — (medicine) The condition of having an excessively high level of insulin in the blood, usually due to excess production.
- hyperlipoidaemia — Alt form hyperlipoidemia.
- hypophosphatemia — (medicine) An electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally low level of phosphate in the blood, most commonly seen when malnourished patients are given large amounts of carbohydrates, creating a high phosphorus demand in the cells of the body.
17 letter words ending with emia
18 letter words ending with emia
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- hyperbilirubinemia — an abnormally high level of bilirubin in the blood, manifested by jaundice, anorexia, and malaise, occurring in association with liver disease and certain hemolytic anemias.
- hypercholesteremia — Alternative spelling of hypercholesteraemia.
19 letter words ending with emia
20 letter words ending with emia
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- hyperhomocysteinemia — (medicine) The presence of an excessive amount of homocysteine in the blood.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
- familial hypercholesterolemia — an inherited metabolic disorder caused by a lack or malfunction of receptors for the low-density lipoproteins that activate removal of cholesterol from the blood. Abbreviation: FH.
21 letter words ending with emia
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hyperlipoproteinaemia — the condition of having an abnormally high level of lipoproteins in the blood
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
23 letter words ending with emia
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
24 letter words ending with emia
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in EMIA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 180 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in EMIA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.