Words ending with eme
3 letter words ending with eme
- eme — (obsolete except Scotland) An uncle.
4 letter words ending with eme
- -eme — indicating a minimal distinctive unit of a specified type in a language
- deme — (in preclassical Greece) the territory inhabited by a tribe
- feme — a woman or wife.
- heme — a deep-red iron-containing blood pigment, C 34 H 32 N 4 O 4 Fe, obtained from hemoglobin.
- meme — a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition and replication in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes. a cultural item in the form of an image, video, phrase, etc., that is spread via the Internet and often altered in a creative or humorous way.
5 letter words ending with eme
6 letter words ending with eme
7 letter words ending with eme
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- apodeme — a ridgelike ingrowth of the exoskeleton of an arthropod that supports the internal organs and provides the attachment points for the muscles.
- axoneme — the part of a cell, consisting of proteins and microtubes, which forms the core
- chereme — any of a small set of elements, analogous to the phoneme in speech, proposed as the basic structural units by which the signs of a sign language are represented, and including the handshapes, hand movements, and locations of the hands in relation to the body employed in a particular sign language.
- eroteme — A question mark.
8 letter words ending with eme
- amicheme — Associate Member of the Institution of Chemical Engineers
- c-scheme — MIT Scheme
- chroneme — A basic, theoretical unit of sound that can distinguish words by duration only of a vowel or consonant.
- cu-seeme — (communications) /see`-yoo-see'-mee/ ("CU" from Cornell University) A shareware personal computer-based videoconferencing program for use over the Internet, developed at Cornell University, starting in 1992. CU-SeeMe allows for direct audiovisual connections between clients, or, like irc, it can support multi-user converencing via servers (here called "reflectors") to distribute the video and audio signals between multiple clients. CU-SeeMe was the first videoconferencing tool available at a reasonable price (in this case, free) to users of personal computers. Compare with multicast backbone.
- diatreme — a volcanic vent produced in a solid rock structure by the explosive energy of gases in magmas.
9 letter words ending with eme
- angouleme — city in SW France: pop. 46,000
- blaspheme — If someone blasphemes, they say rude or disrespectful things about God or religion, or they use God's name as a swear word.
- ecphoneme — (obsolete) A symbol, !, comprising a vertical line and a dot below, signifying the end of a sentence that is an exclamation.
- enthymeme — An argument in which one premise is not explicitly stated.
- monotreme — any animal of the Monotremata, the most primitive order of mammals, characterized by certain birdlike and reptilian features, as hatching young from eggs, and having a single opening for the digestive, urinary, and genital organs, comprising only the duckbill and the echidnas of Australia and New Guinea.
10 letter words ending with eme
- astrobleme — a mark on the earth's surface, usually circular, formed by a large ancient meteorite impact
- diaphoneme — (linguistics) An abstract phonological unit that represents collectively the dialectal variants of a phoneme.
- out-scheme — a plan, design, or program of action to be followed; project.
- quadrireme — (in classical antiquity) a galley having four banks of oars.
11 letter words ending with eme
- mastigoneme — One of the lateral \"hairs\" found covering the flagella of heterokont and cryptophyte algae, believed to assist in locomotion.
- multischeme — An implementation of Multilisp built on MIT's C-Scheme, for the BBN Butterfly.
- quinquereme — (history, nautical) An ancient Carthaginian or Greek galley having five banks of oars.
12 letter words ending with eme
- archiphoneme — an abstract linguistic unit representing two or more phonemes when the distinction between these has been neutralized: conventionally shown by a capital letter within slashes, as /T/ for /t/ and /d/ in German Rat and Rad
- pseudoscheme — A translator from Scheme to Common Lisp by Jonathan Rees <[email protected]>. Version 2.8. It conforms to all of R3RS except call/cc and requires Common Lisp. Runs on Lucid, Symbolics CL, VAX Lisp, Explorer CL. Mailing list: [email protected]
13 letter words ending with eme
- morphophoneme — an abstract phonological unit representing corresponding phonemes in different allomorphs of one morpheme. In English the symbol F may be used to represent a morphophoneme occurring in two related allomorphs, as f in leaf, but v in the plural leaves.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in EME. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 123 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in EME that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.