Words ending with ell
3 letter words ending with ell
- ell — A former measure of length (equivalent to six hand breadths) used mainly for textiles, locally variable but typically about 45 inches.
4 letter words ending with ell
- bell — A bell is a device that makes a ringing sound and is used to give a signal or to attract people's attention.
- cell — A cell is the smallest part of an animal or plant that is able to function independently. Every animal or plant is made up of millions of cells.
- dell — A dell is a small valley which has trees growing in it.
- fell — simple past tense of fall.
- gell — Eye dialect of girl.
5 letter words ending with ell
- buell — Don Carlos [kahr-lohs] /ˈkɑr loʊs/ (Show IPA), 1818–98, Union general in the U.S. Civil War.
- dwell — to live or stay as a permanent resident; reside.
- ewell — ˈRichard Stoddert (ˈstɑdərt ) ; städˈərt) 1817-72; Confederate general in the Civil War
- knell — the sound made by a bell rung slowly, especially for a death or a funeral.
- kvell — to be extraordinarily pleased; especially, to be bursting with pride, as over one's family.
6 letter words ending with ell
- angell — Sir Norman, real name Ralph Norman Angell Lane. 1874–1967, English writer, pacifist, and economist, noted for his work on the economic futility of war, The Great Illusion (1910): Nobel peace prize 1933
- aswell — Archaic spelling of as well.
- b-cell — any of the lymphocytes not derived from the thymus, that mature in the bone marrow and help to build antibodies
- bedell — Obsolete spelling of beadle.
- befell — to happen or occur.
7 letter words ending with ell
- ainsell — one's own self
- barbell — A barbell is a long bar with adjustable weights on either side that people lift to strengthen their arm and shoulder muscles.
- battell — Obsolete spelling of battle.
- boswell — James. 1740–95, Scottish author and lawyer, noted particularly for his Life of Samuel Johnson (1791)
- burrell — Paul. born 1958, British butler and confidant to Diana, Princess of Wales. After her death he was charged with but (2003) acquitted of stealing from her estate. His book, A Royal Duty (2003), revealed intimate details of her life
8 letter words ending with ell
- apparell — Obsolete form of apparel.
- bakewell — Robert. 1725–95, English agriculturist; radically improved livestock breeding, esp of cattle and sheep
- becknell — William, c1790–1865, U.S. frontier trader: opened Santa Fe Trail 1822.
- bluebell — Bluebells are plants that have blue bell-shaped flowers on thin upright stems. Bluebells flower in the spring.
- bothwell — Earl of, title of James Hepburn. 1535–78, Scottish nobleman; third husband of Mary Queen of Scots. He is generally considered to have instigated the murder of Darnley (1567)
9 letter words ending with ell
- aeroshell — a protective shield, containing a parachute, which slows a spacecraft during re-entry to the earth's atmosphere and landing
- appenzell — a canton of NE Switzerland, divided in 1597 into the Protestant demicanton of Appenzell Outer Rhodes and the Catholic demicanton of Appenzell Inner Rhodes. Capitals: Herisau and Appenzell, respectively. Pop: 53 200 and Pop: 15 000 (2002 est) respectively. Areas: 243 sq km (94 sq miles) and 171 sq km (66 sq miles) respectively
- astrofell — (in the works of Spenser) an unidentified plant, commonly believed to be akin to an aster
- bandshell — a type of bandstand enclosed at the back
- blackwell — Elizabeth1821-1910; 1st woman physician in the U.S., born in England
10 letter words ending with ell
- bilge-well — Nautical. either of the rounded areas that form the transition between the bottom and the sides on the exterior of a hull. Also, bilges. (in a hull with a double bottom) an enclosed area between frames at each side of the floors, where seepage collects. Also called bilge well. a well into which seepage drains to be pumped away. Also called bilge water. seepage accumulated in bilges.
- camberwell — a former residential borough of Greater London, England, now part of Southwark.
- clam-shell — the shell of a clam.
- clear-fell — to cut down all of the trees in (a wood, part of a wood, or throughout an area of land)
- cold-spell — a sudden onset of a relatively brief period of cold weather.
11 letter words ending with ell
12 letter words ending with ell
- baden-powell — Robert Stephenson Smyth (smɪθ, smaɪθ), 1st Baron Baden-Powell. 1857–1941, British general, noted for his defence of Mafeking (1899–1900) in the Boer War; founder of the Boy Scouts (1908) and (with his sister Agnes) the Girl Guides (1910)
- counterspell — a spell or charm which acts against another spell, esp in fantasy or role-playing games
13 letter words ending with ell
- cape-farewell — Cape, a cape in S Greenland: most southerly point of Greenland.
- fare-you-well — a state of perfection: The meal was done to a fare-thee-well.
- kiss-and-tell — revealing sth private for money
- ne'er-do-well — an idle, worthless person; a person who is ineffectual, unsuccessful, or completely lacking in merit; good-for-nothing.
- show-and-tell — an activity for young children, especially in school, in which each participant produces an object of unusual interest and tells something about it.
14 letter words ending with ell
- fare-thee-well — a state of perfection: The meal was done to a fare-thee-well.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ELL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 579 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ELL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.