Words ending with ead
4 letter words ending with ead
- bead — Beads are small pieces of coloured glass, wood, or plastic with a hole through the middle. Beads are often put together on a piece of string or wire to make jewellery.
- dead — A person, animal, or plant that is dead is no longer living.
- head — Edith, 1897–1981, U.S. costume designer.
- lead — to cover, line, weight, treat, or impregnate with lead or one of its compounds.
- mead — George Herbert, 1863–1931, U.S. philosopher and author.
5 letter words ending with ead
- -head — indicating a person having a preoccupation as specified
- ahead — Something that is ahead is in front of you. If you look ahead, you look directly in front of you.
- aread — to declare
- bread — Bread is a very common food made from flour, water, and yeast.
- dread — to fear greatly; be in extreme apprehension of: to dread death.
6 letter words ending with ead
7 letter words ending with ead
- airhead — If you describe someone, especially a young woman, as an airhead, you are critical of them because you think they are not at all clever and are interested only in unimportant things.
- aspread — in an extended or stretched out manner
- axehead — Alternative spelling of axe head.
- bedhead — A bedhead is a board which is fixed to the end of a bed behind your head.
- bestead — to serve; assist
8 letter words ending with ead
- acidhead — a person who uses LSD
- backread — (Internet, slang, especially in IRC) To catch up on an ongoing conversation, by reading previous portions one was not present for.
- baldhead — a person with a bald head
- bankhead — Tallulah (Brockman). 1902–68, US stage and film actress; her successes included the plays The Little Foxes (1939) and The Skin of Our Teeth (1942)
- banstead — a town in S England, in NE Surrey. Pop: 19 332 (2001)
9 letter words ending with ead
- acid-head — a person who habitually takes the drug LSD.
- addlehead — (colloquial) A foolish or dull-witted person.
- arrowhead — An arrowhead is the sharp, pointed part of an arrow.
- beachhead — A beachhead is an area of land next to the sea or a river where an attacking force has taken control and can prepare to advance further inland.
- bedspread — A bedspread is a decorative cover which is put over a bed, on top of the sheets and blankets.
10 letter words ending with ead
- barrelhead — the round and flat end of a barrel
- beetlehead — a person of low intelligence
- billethead — a carved ornamental scroll or volute terminating a stem or cutwater at its upper end in place of a figurehead.
- birkenhead — a port in NW England, in Wirral unitary authority, Merseyside: former shipbuilding centre. Pop: 83 729 (2001)
- bobblehead — a collectable doll with a bobbing oversized head representing a celebrity or a cartoon character
11 letter words ending with ead
12 letter words ending with ead
- centrolinead — a drafting instrument for drawing lines converging on a vanishing point outside the drawing.
- counterplead — to plead the opposite of
- death's-head — a human skull or a representation of one
- fountainhead — a fountain or spring from which a stream flows; the head or source of a stream.
- griddlebread — bread or cake made on a griddle
14 letter words ending with ead
- balm-of-gilead — any of several plants of the genus Commiphora, especially C. opobalsamum and C. meccanensis, which yield a fragrant oleoresin.
- straight-ahead — not deviating from what is usual or expected; conventional or traditional; standard: a straight-ahead novel with a happy ending.
- tetraethyllead — a colorless, oily, water-insoluble, poisonous liquid, (C 2 H 5) 4 Pb, used as an antiknock agent in gasoline.
15 letter words ending with ead
- tetramethyllead — a colorless liquid, (CH 3) 4 Pb, insoluble in water, slightly soluble in alcohol and benzene, used as an antiknock agent in gasoline.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in EAD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 681 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in EAD that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.