Words ending with dly
4 letter words ending with dly
- idly — not working or active; unemployed; doing nothing: idle workers.
5 letter words ending with dly
- badly — If something is done badly or goes badly, it is not very successful or effective.
- godly — conforming to the laws and wishes of God; devout; pious.
- kidly — Of, pertaining to, like, or resembling a kid or young child; kidlike; kiddy.
- madly — insanely or wildly: The old witch cackled madly.
- medly — Obsolete form of medley.
6 letter words ending with dly
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- agedly — in a manner resembling that of an aged person
- aridly — being without moisture; extremely dry; parched: arid land; an arid climate.
- avidly — showing great enthusiasm for or interest in: an avid moviegoer. Synonyms: enthusiastic, ardent, keen; devoted, dedicated; zealous, fanatic. Antonyms: indifferent, apathetic; reluctant.
- baldly — having little or no hair on the scalp: a bald head; a bald person.
7 letter words ending with dly
- acridly — In a harsh or corrosive manner.
- addedly — additionally
- blandly — If you do something blandly, you do it in a calm and quiet way.
- blindly — If you say that someone does something blindly, you mean that they do it without having enough information, or without thinking about it.
- broadly — You can use broadly to indicate that something is generally true.
8 letter words ending with dly
- abasedly — in an abased manner
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- amazedly — in an amazed manner
- amusedly — in a way that shows one is amused
- avowedly — acknowledged; declared: an avowed enemy.
9 letter words ending with dly
- -friendly — -friendly combines with nouns to form adjectives which describe things that are not harmful to the specified part of the natural world.
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- advisedly — If you say that you are using a word or expression advisedly, you mean that you have deliberately chosen to use it, even though it may sound unusual, wrong, or offensive, because it draws attention to what you are saying.
- alarmedly — in an alarmed manner
- allegedly — reportedly; supposedly
10 letter words ending with dly
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
- acceptedly — In an accepted manner; admittedly.
- accursedly — In an accursed manner.
- admittedly — You use admittedly when you are saying something which weakens the importance or force of your statement.
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
11 letter words ending with dly
- -unfriendly — -unfriendly combines with nouns, and sometimes adverbs, to form adjectives which describe something which is bad for a particular thing.
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- aggrievedly — In the manner of someone who is aggrieved.
- alienatedly — In an alienated way.
- barefacedly — In a barefaced manner.
12 letter words ending with dly
13 letter words ending with dly
- anticipatedly — In an anticipated manner; in advance.
- big-heartedly — in a big-hearted manner
- clearheadedly — In a clearheaded manner.
- coldheartedly — Alternative spelling of cold-heartedly.
- complicatedly — composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex: complicated apparatus for measuring brain functions.
14 letter words ending with dly
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- concentratedly — with intense mental application
- disappointedly — depressed or discouraged by the failure of one's hopes or expectations: a disappointed suitor.
- disconcertedly — In a disconcerted manner.
15 letter words ending with dly
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- disinterestedly — unbiased by personal interest or advantage; not influenced by selfish motives: a disinterested decision by the referee.
- faint-heartedly — nervously
- great-heartedly — in a great-hearted manner
- heavy-heartedly — in a heavy-hearted manner
On this page, we collect all words that ending in DLY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 533 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in DLY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.