Words ending with ding
4 letter words ending with ding
- ding — to cause surface damage to; dent: Flying gravel had dinged the car's fenders.
5 letter words ending with ding
6 letter words ending with ding
7 letter words ending with ding
- abiding — An abiding feeling, memory, or interest is one that you have for a very long time.
- aboding — (obsolete) A foreboding. (Attested from the late 16th century to the early 18th century.).
- balding — Someone who is balding is beginning to lose the hair on the top of their head.
- banding — the practice of grouping schoolchildren according to ability to ensure a balanced intake at different levels of ability to secondary school
- baoding — a city in NE China, in N Hebei province. Pop: 810 000 (2005 est)
8 letter words ending with ding
- abrading — Present participle of abrade.
- acceding — to give consent, approval, or adherence; agree; assent; to accede to a request; to accede to the terms of a contract.
- alluding — Present participle of allude.
- amending — to alter, modify, rephrase, or add to or subtract from (a motion, bill, constitution, etc.) by formal procedure: Congress may amend the proposed tax bill.
- arcading — An arrangement of arcades.
9 letter words ending with ding
- -sounding — -sounding combines with adjectives to indicate a quality that a word, phrase, or name seems to have.
- abounding — to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers: a stream in which trout abound.
- abuilding — in the process of being built or building
- accending — Present participle of accend.
- according — in proportion; in relation
10 letter words ending with ding
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- anteceding — to go before, in time, order, rank, etc.; precede: Shakespeare antecedes Milton.
- applauding — Present participle of applaud.
- astounding — If something is astounding, you are shocked or amazed that it could exist or happen.
- bartending — to serve or work as a bartender.
11 letter words ending with ding
- airboarding — a snow sport in which participants slide down slopes headfirst lying flat on an inflatable board
- ambuscading — Present participle of ambuscade.
- autoloading — self-loading
- backhanding — Present participle of backhand.
- backloading — to defer to a later date, as wages, benefits, or costs: The union agreed to back-load pay raises.
12 letter words ending with ding
- antispending — opposed to excessive governmental spending
- apprehending — Present participle of apprehend.
- big-sounding — meant to be impressive in scale
- blackbirding — a common European thrush, Turdus merula, the male of which is black with a yellow bill.
- blow-molding — the sound of any vapor or gas issuing from a vent under pressure.
13 letter words ending with ding
- all-pervading — spreading through or into everything
- backgrounding — Present participle of background.
- bandspreading — an additional tuning control in some radio receivers whereby a selected narrow band of frequencies can be spread over a wider frequency band, in order to give finer control of tuning
- brassfounding — the practice of making things from brass
- breechloading — loaded at the breech.
14 letter words ending with ding
- bottom-feeding — the activities of a bottom feeder.
- breast-feeding — to nurse (a baby) at the breast; suckle.
- breech-loading — (of a firearm) loaded at the breech
- countermanding — Present participle of countermand.
- countershading — (in the coloration of certain animals) a pattern, serving as camouflage, in which dark colours occur on parts of the body exposed to the light and pale colours on parts in the shade
15 letter words ending with ding
- bridge-building — efforts to establish communications and friendly contacts between people in order to make them friends or allies
- inunderstanding — (obsolete) Devoid of understanding.
- misapprehending — Present participle of misapprehend.
- nation-building — Journalists sometimes use nation-building to refer to government policies that are designed to create a strong sense of national identity.
- nonslaveholding — Not slaveholding.
16 letter words ending with ding
- misunderstanding — failure to understand correctly; mistake as to meaning or intent.
- multiplepoinding — an action to determine the division of a property or fund between several claimants, brought by or on behalf of the present holder
- noncorresponding — That does not correspond (to something else).
- preunderstanding — to perceive the meaning of; grasp the idea of; comprehend: to understand Spanish; I didn't understand your question.
17 letter words ending with ding
- non-corresponding — identical in all essentials or respects: corresponding fingerprints.
18 letter words ending with ding
- character-building — improving certain good or useful traits in a person's character, esp self-reliance, endurance, and courage
- love-lies-bleeding — an amaranth, especially Amaranthus caudatus, having spikes of crimson flowers.
- self-comprehending — to understand the nature or meaning of; grasp with the mind; perceive: He did not comprehend the significance of the ambassador's remark.
- self-understanding — mental process of a person who comprehends; comprehension; personal interpretation: My understanding of the word does not agree with yours.
23 letter words ending with ding
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in DING. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 993 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in DING that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.