Words ending with der
4 letter words ending with der
- eder — a river in central Germany, mainly in Hesse and flowing E to Kassel. 110 miles (177 km) long.
- oder — a river in central Europe, flowing from the NE Czech Republic, N through SW Poland and along the border between Germany and Poland into the Baltic. 562 miles (905 km) long.
- frankfort on the oder — a city in NE Germany, on the Oder River.
5 letter words ending with der
- adder — In Europe and Asia, an adder is a small poisonous snake that has a black pattern on its back. In North America, a number of different poisonous and non-poisonous snakes are called adders.
- aider — to provide support for or relief to; help: to aid the homeless victims of the fire.
- alder — An alder is a species of tree or shrub that grows especially in cool, damp places and loses its leaves in winter.
- bader — Sir Douglas. 1910–82, British fighter pilot. Despite losing both legs after a flying accident (1931), he became a national hero as a pilot in World War II
- bider — a person who remains behind
6 letter words ending with der
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- aulder — old.
- badder — not good in any manner or degree.
- balder — a god, son of Odin and Frigg, noted for his beauty and sweet nature. He was killed by a bough of mistletoe thrown by the blind god Höd, misled by the malicious Loki
- bander — someone who joins a band or league
7 letter words ending with der
- agender — noting or relating to a person who does not have a specific gender identity or recognizable gender expression.
- amender — to alter, modify, rephrase, or add to or subtract from (a motion, bill, constitution, etc.) by formal procedure: Congress may amend the proposed tax bill.
- asunder — If something tears or is torn asunder, it is violently separated into two or more parts or pieces.
- avoider — to keep away from; keep clear of; shun: to avoid a person; to avoid taxes; to avoid danger.
- awarder — to give as due or merited; assign or bestow: to award prizes.
8 letter words ending with der
- ascender — the part of certain lower-case letters, such as b or h, that extends above the body of the letter
- beheader — a person who beheads another
- beholder — The beholder of something is the person who is looking at it.
- bewilder — If something bewilders you, it is so confusing or difficult that you cannot understand it.
- bigender — Also, bigendered. noting or relating to a person who has two gender identities or some combination of both.
9 letter words ending with der
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- alexander — Harold (Rupert Leofric George), Earl Alexander of Tunis. 1891–1969, British field marshal in World War II, who organized the retreat from Dunkirk and commanded in North Africa (1943) and Sicily and Italy (1944–45); governor general of Canada (1946–52); British minister of defence (1952–54)
- attainder — (formerly) the extinction of a person's civil rights resulting from a sentence of death or outlawry on conviction for treason or felony
- auslander — (in a German-speaking country) a foreigner
- backorder — Commerce. an order or part of an order waiting to be filled.
10 letter words ending with der
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- africander — one of a breed of red beef cattle, raised originally in southern Africa, well adapted to high temperatures.
- afrikander — a breed of humpbacked beef cattle originally raised in southern Africa
- argelander — Friedrich Wilhelm August [free-drikh vil-helm ou-goo st] /ˈfri drɪx ˈvɪl hɛlm ˈaʊ gʊst/ (Show IPA), 1799–1875, German astronomer.
- autoloader — stack loader
11 letter words ending with der
- all-rounder — Someone who is an all-rounder is good at a lot of different skills, academic subjects, or sports.
- anaximander — 611–547 bc, Greek philosopher, astronomer, and mathematician who believed the first principle of the world to be the Infinite
- baby-minder — a person who is paid to look after other people's babies or very young children
- bellfounder — a foundry worker who casts bells
- bitterender — a person who persists until the bitter end without compromising or yielding; diehard.
12 letter words ending with der
13 letter words ending with der
- breech-loader — a firearm that is loaded at the breech
- cold-shoulder — to snub; show indifference to.
- daily-breader — a commuter.
- double-header — Sports. two games, as of baseball, between the same teams on the same day in immediate succession. two games, as of basketball, between two different pairs of teams on the same day in immediate succession.
- fender-bender — a collision between motor vehicles in which there is only minor damage.
14 letter words ending with der
- cover-shoulder — a type of blouse worn in Ghana
- dusting-powder — a powder used on the skin, especially to relieve irritation or absorb moisture.
- newfoundlander — a native or inhabitant of Newfoundland.
- self-surrender — the surrender or yielding up of oneself, one's will, affections, etc., as to another person, an influence, or a cause.
- the-pathfinder — a historical novel (1840) by James Fenimore Cooper.
15 letter words ending with der
- bullnose-header — Also called bullnose header. a brick having one of the edges across its width rounded for laying as a header in a sill or the like.
- non-shareholder — a holder or owner of shares, especially in a company or corporation.
- speller-divider — a reference book that lists words in alphabetical order to show spelling and syllabification.
16 letter words ending with der
17 letter words ending with der
- blood-and-thunder — sensationalism, violence, or exaggerated melodrama: a movie full of blood and thunder.
18 letter words ending with der
- the-master-builder — a play (1892) by Ibsen.
19 letter words ending with der
- nine--days---wonder — an event or thing that arouses considerable but short-lived interest or excitement.
26 letter words ending with der
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in DER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1506 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in DER that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.