Words ending with ch
2 letter words ending with ch
- ch — (language) An interpreted programming language sold by Soft Integration and marketed for scripting, shell programming and graph plotting, it is a superset of C++. Ch is also the name of Soft Integration's interpreter for the language. Currently the Ch interpreter is available for Windows, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux and Mac platforms.
3 letter words ending with ch
- ach — an expression of surprise, impatience, disgust, etc
- bch — Bachelor of Surgery
- ich — a disease of tropical fishes, characterized by small, white nodules on the fins, skin, and eyes, caused by a ciliate protozoan, Ichthyophthirius multifiliis.
- mch — Master of Surgery
- och — (chiefly, Scotland, Ireland) general interjection of confirmation, affirmation, and often disapproval.
4 letter words ending with ch
- arch — An arch is a structure that is curved at the top and is supported on either side by a pillar, post, or wall.
- asch — Sholem (ˈʃəʊləm). 1880–1957, US writer, born in Poland, who wrote in Yiddish. His works include biblical novels
- bach — a term of friendly address: used esp after a person's name
- each — every one of two or more considered individually or one by one: each stone in a building; a hallway with a door at each end.
- foch — Ferdinand [fer-dee-nahn] /fɛr diˈnɑ̃/ (Show IPA), 1851–1929, French marshal.
5 letter words ending with ch
- aitch — the letter h or the sound represented by it
- balch — Emily Greene, 1867–1961, U.S. economist, sociologist, and author: Nobel Peace Prize 1946.
- barch — Bachelor of Architecture
- batch — A batch of things or people is a group of things or people of the same kind, especially a group that is dealt with at the same time or is sent to a particular place at the same time.
- beach — A beach is an area of sand or stones beside the sea.
6 letter words ending with ch
7 letter words ending with ch
- abroach — (of a cask, barrel, etc) tapped; broached
- aldrich — Thomas Bailey1836-1907; U.S. poet & novelist
- ambatch — a tree or shrub of the Nile Valley, Aeschynomene elaphroxylon, valued for its light-coloured pithlike wood
- antioch — a city in S Turkey, on the Orontes River: ancient commercial centre and capital of Syria (300–64 bc); early centre of Christianity. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- autarch — an absolute ruler
8 letter words ending with ch
- accroach — to assume to oneself without right or authority; usurp.
- agalloch — the fragrant, resinous wood of an East Indian tree, Aquilaria agallocha, of the mezereum family, used as incense in Asia.
- alberich — (in medieval German legend) the king of the dwarfs and guardian of the treasures of the Nibelungs
- approach — When you approach something, you get closer to it.
- argerich — Martha. born 1941, Argentinian concert pianist
9 letter words ending with ch
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- acre-inch — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 inch; one twelfth of an acre-foot: equivalent to 3630 cubic feet or 102.8 cubic metres
- acritarch — a type of small fossil
- ahimelech — a priest who was killed by Saul for helping David. I Sam. 21:1–9; 22:9–23.
- anabranch — a stream that leaves a river and enters it again further downstream
10 letter words ending with ch
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
- amphibrach — a metrical foot consisting of a long syllable between two short syllables (◡ – ◡)
- anammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31.
- backstitch — a strong sewing stitch made by starting the next stitch at the middle or beginning of the preceding one
- baroswitch — a switch actuated by barometric pressure.
11 letter words ending with ch
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- anti-church — a building for public Christian worship.
- back-stitch — stitching or a stitch in which the thread is doubled back on the preceding stitch.
- backscratch — a favour done for someone in return for another
- backstretch — the part of a racetrack farthest from the grandstand and opposite and parallel to the homestretch
12 letter words ending with ch
- anglo-french — of or relating to England and France
- bandersnatch — a fictional creature created by Lewis Carroll in his poem Jabberwocky, and appearing also in The Hunting of the Snark and Through the Looking-Glass
- butterscotch — Butterscotch is a hard yellowish-brown sweet made from butter and sugar boiled together.
- cable-stitch — a series of stitches used in knitting to produce a cable effect.
- christchurch — a city in New Zealand, on E South Island: manufacturing centre of a rich agricultural region; suffered major damage and loss of life in a series of earthquakes in 2010–11. Pop: 366 000 (2013 est)
13 letter words ending with ch
- bear's-breech — a widely cultivated S European acanthus plant, Acanthus mollis, having whitish purple-veined flowers
- dimmer-switch — a person or thing that dims.
- double-clutch — (of a bird) to produce a second clutch of eggs after the first has been removed, usually for hatching in an incubator.
- featherstitch — an embroidery stitch producing work in which a succession of branches extend alternately on each side of a central stem.
- gabrilowitsch — Ossip [aw-syip] /ˈɔ syɪp/ (Show IPA), 1878–1936, Russian pianist and conductor, in America.
14 letter words ending with ch
- blanket-stitch — a basic sewing stitch in which widely spaced, interlocking loops, or purls, are formed, used for cutwork, as a decorative finish for edges, etc.
- coffee-klatsch — to gather for a coffee klatsch.
- machine-stitch — to sew on a sewing machine.
- practice-teach — to work as a practice teacher.
- prawn-sandwich — characterizing or belonging to the type of spectator at a football match who is motivated to attend more by the corporate hospitality available than a true devotion to a particular club
15 letter words ending with ch
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- doch-an-dorrach — a stirrup cup.
- double-declutch — to change to a lower gear in a motor vehicle by first placing the gear lever into the neutral position before engaging the desired gear, at the same time releasing the clutch pedal and increasing the engine speed
- market-research — to conduct market research on.
- monchengladbach — a city in W North Rhine-Westphalia, in W Germany.
16 letter words ending with ch
17 letter words ending with ch
18 letter words ending with ch
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
21 letter words ending with ch
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in CH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1820 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in CH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.