Words ending with burg
5 letter words ending with burg
- -burg — burg or borough
- iburg — A program by Christopher W. Fraser <[email protected]>, David R. Hanson <[email protected]> and Todd A. Proebsting <[email protected]> that generates a fast tree parser. Iburg is compatible with Burg. Both programs accept a cost-augmented tree grammar and emit a C program that discovers an optimal parse of trees in the language described by the grammar. They have been used to construct fast optimal instruction selectors for use in code generation. Burg uses BURS. Iburg's matchers do dynamic programming at compile time.
6 letter words ending with burg
7 letter words ending with burg
- hamburg — a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground or chopped beef, usually in a roll or bun, variously garnished.
- homburg — a man's felt hat with a soft crown dented lengthwise and a slightly rolled brim.
- limburg — a medieval duchy in W Europe: now divided into a province in the SE Netherlands (Limburg) and a province in NE Belgium (Limbourg)
- marburg — a city in central Germany.
- newburg — (of seafood) cooked with a cream sauce containing sherry: lobster Newburg.
8 letter words ending with burg
- augsburg — a city in S Germany, in Bavaria: founded by the Romans in 14 bc; site of the diet that produced the Peace of Augsburg (1555), which ended the struggles between Lutherans and Catholics in the Holy Roman Empire and established the principle that each ruler should determine the form of worship in his lands. Pop: 259 217 (2003 est)
- boksburg — city in central Gauteng province, South Africa: pop. 120,000
- duisburg — a city in W Germany, at the junction of the Rhine and Ruhr rivers: the largest river port in Europe; formed 1929 from the cities of Duisburg and Hamborn.
- dunaburg — German name of Daugavpils.
- edinburg — a city in S Texas.
9 letter words ending with burg
- dyersburg — a city in W Tennessee.
- ehrenburg — Ilya Grigorievich (iljˈja ɡriˈɡɔrjɪvitʃ). 1891–1967, Soviet novelist and journalist. His novel The Thaw (1954) was the first published in the Soviet Union to deal with repression under Stalin
- fitchburg — a city in N Massachusetts.
- flensburg — a port in N Germany, in Schleswig-Holstein: taken from Denmark by Prussia in 1864; voted to remain German in 1920. Pop: 85 300 (2003 est)
- galesburg — a city in NW Illinois.
10 letter words ending with burg
- battenburg — an oblong sponge cake divided longitudinally into four square sections, two coloured pink and two yellow, with an outer coating of marzipan
- blacksburg — a town in SW Virginia.
- bloomsburg — a city in E central Pennsylvania.
- canonsburg — a city in SW Pennsylvania.
- clarksburg — a city in N West Virginia, on the Monongahela River.
11 letter words ending with burg
- brandenburg — a state in NE Germany, part of East Germany until 1990. A former electorate, it expanded under the Hohenzollerns to become the kingdom of Prussia (1701). The district east of the Oder River became Polish in 1945. Capital: Potsdam. Pop: 2 575 000 (2003 est). Area: 29 481 sq km (11 219 sq miles)
- hattiesburg — a city in SE Mississippi.
- klausenburg — German name of Cluj-Napoca.
- ludwigsburg — a city in Baden-Württemberg state, SW Germany.
- martinsburg — a city in NE West Virginia.
12 letter words ending with burg
- chambersburg — a city in central Pennsylvania.
- gaithersburg — a town in central Maryland.
- harrisonburg — a city in N Virginia.
- hubertusburg — a castle in E Germany, E of Leipzig: treaty ending the Seven Years' War signed here 1763.
- johannesburg — a city in S Transvaal, in the NE Republic of South Africa.
13 letter words ending with burg
14 letter words ending with burg
- charlottenburg — a district of Berlin (of West Berlin until 1990), formerly an independent city. Pop: 315 473 (2005 est)
- christiansburg — a town in SW Virginia.
- fredericksburg — a city in NE Virginia, on the Rappahannock River: scene of a Confederate victory 1862.
- neubrandenburg — a city in Mecklenburg–West Pomerania, in NE Germany.
- saxe-altenburg — a former duchy in Thuringia in central Germany.
16 letter words ending with burg
- pietermaritzburg — a province in the E part of the Republic of South Africa. 35,284 sq. mi. (91,886 sq. km). Capital: Pietermaritzburg.
21 letter words ending with burg
- roodepoort-maraisburg — a city in S Transvaal, in the NE Republic of South Africa.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in BURG. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 113 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in BURG that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.