Words ending with be
2 letter words ending with be
- be — You use be with a present participle to form the continuous tenses of verbs.
- as happy etc as can/could be — If someone or something is, for example, as happy as can be or as quiet as could be, they are extremely happy or extremely quiet.
- as the case may be — according to the circumstances
- as/whatever the case may be — You say as the case may be or whatever the case may be to indicate that the statement you are making applies equally to the two or more alternatives that you have mentioned.
- could be — It's possible
3 letter words ending with be
- abe — Abraham ("Abe") 1860–1951, U.S. novelist and journalist, born in Russia.
- cbe — Commander of the (Order of the) British Empire
- dbe — Dame (Commander of the Order) of the British Empire
- gbe — (Knight or Dame) Grand Cross of the British Empire
- kbe — Knight (Commander of the Order) of the British Empire
4 letter words ending with be
- abbe — Ernst. 1840–1905, German physicist, noted for his work in optics and the microscope condenser known as the Abbe condenser
- albe — (obsolete) Although; despite the fact that.
- aube — a department of N central France, in Champagne-Ardenne region. Capital: Troyes. Pop: 293 925 (2003 est). Area: 6026 sq km (2350 sq miles)
- babe — Some people use babe as an affectionate way of addressing someone they love.
- cabe — Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment
5 letter words ending with be
- adobe — Adobe is a mixture of mud and straw that is dried into bricks in the sun and used for building, especially in hot countries.
- barbe — a Waldensian missionary
- beebe — (Charles) William1877-1962; U.S. naturalist, explorer, & writer
- bombe — a dessert of ice cream lined or filled with custard, cake crumbs, etc
- bribe — A bribe is a sum of money or something valuable that one person offers or gives to another in order to persuade him or her to do something.
6 letter words ending with be
- -phobe — -phobe or -ophobe occurs in words which refer to someone who has a very strong, irrational fear or hatred of people or things of a particular kind.
- -to-be — about to be; future
- achebe — Chinua. 1930–2013, Nigerian novelist. His works include Things Fall Apart (1958), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987)
- aerobe — an organism that requires oxygen for respiration
- aktobe — an industrial city in W Kazakhstan. Pop: 291 000 (2005 est)
7 letter words ending with be
- ascribe — If you ascribe an event or condition to a particular cause, you say or consider that it was caused by that thing.
- astilbe — any perennial saxifragaceous plant of the genus Astilbe of E Asia and North America: cultivated for their ornamental spikes or panicles of pink or white flowers
- aufgabe — a task or an assignment
- disrobe — Take off one's clothes.
- earlobe — the soft, pendulous lower part of the external ear.
8 letter words ending with be
- anaerobe — an organism that does not require oxygen for respiration
- bathcube — a cube of soluble scented material for use in a bath
- bathrobe — A bathrobe is a loose piece of clothing made of the same material as towels. You wear it before or after you have a bath or a swim.
- blowtube — a tube used for blowing air or oxygen into a flame to intensify its heat
- buncombe — bunkum
9 letter words ending with be
- acrophobe — a person who is abnormally afraid of heights
- aerophobe — a person who suffers from aerophobia
- aquaphobe — a person who is abnormally afraid of water
- astrolabe — an instrument used by early astronomers to measure the altitude of stars and planets and also as a navigational aid. It consists of a graduated circular disc with a movable sighting device
- bierstube — a tavern or café offering German or German-style atmosphere, décor, food, beer, etc.
10 letter words ending with be
- agoraphobe — a person suffering from agoraphobia
- anglophobe — a person who hates or fears England or its people
- booth-babe — an attractive woman hired to draw attendees of commercial exhibitions into promotional booths
- calciphobe — calcifuge.
- canteloube — (Marie) Joseph (French ʒozɛf). 1879–1957, French composer, best known for his Chants d'Auvergne (1923–30)
11 letter words ending with be
12 letter words ending with be
- arachnophobe — a person who is afraid of spiders
- circumscribe — If someone's power or freedom is circumscribed, it is limited or restricted.
- germanophobe — a person who hates or fears Germany, Germans, or German culture.
- gerontophobe — a person who fears or hates old people or the idea of growing old
- hispanophobe — a person who dislikes Hispanic culture or the Spanish language.
13 letter words ending with be
- anthropophobe — One who dislikes human beings.
- claustrophobe — a person who suffers from claustrophobia.
- computerphobe — a person with a strong fear or dislike of computers
- mistranscribe — to make a written copy, especially a typewritten copy, of (dictated material, notes taken during a lecture, or other spoken material).
- overprescribe — to lay down, in writing or otherwise, as a rule or a course of action to be followed; appoint, ordain, or enjoin.
14 letter words ending with be
15 letter words ending with be
- represent-to-be — to serve to express, designate, stand for, or denote, as a word, symbol, or the like does; symbolize: In this painting the cat represents evil and the bird, good.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in BE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 385 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in BE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.