Words ending with b
1 letter words ending with b
2 letter words ending with b
- ab — In some American universities, an AB is the same as a BA.
- bb — Barbados
- cb — CB, an abbreviation for 'Citizens' Band', is a range of radio frequencies which the general public is allowed to use to send messages to each other. It is used especially by truck drivers and other drivers who use radio sets in their vehicles.
- db — decibel or decibels
- fb — Fullback.
3 letter words ending with b
4 letter words ending with b
- abab — A Turkish sailor who plies in coasting craft.
- abib — the seventh month of the Jewish year, equivalent to Nisan of the modern Jewish calendar. Ex. 34:18.
- abob — Afloat; bouncing on the surface of a liquid. (First attested in the early 20th century.).
- afib — (medicine) jargon for atrial fibrillation.
- ahab — the king of Israel from approximately 869 to 850 bc and husband of Jezebel: rebuked by Elijah (I Kings 16:29–22:40)
5 letter words ending with b
6 letter words ending with b
- a-bomb — An A-bomb is an atomic bomb.
- absorb — If something absorbs a liquid, gas, or other substance, it soaks it up or takes it in.
- ad-lib — If you ad-lib something in a play or a speech, you say something which has not been planned or written beforehand.
- adsorb — to undergo or cause to undergo a process in which a substance, usually a gas, accumulates on the surface of a solid forming a thin film, often only one molecule thick
- adverb — An adverb is a word such as 'slowly', 'now', 'very', 'politically', or 'fortunately' which adds information about the action, event, or situation mentioned in a clause.
7 letter words ending with b
- antisub — (informal) antisubmarine.
- aquabib — (very, rare, obsolete, derogatory) A teetotaler; one who does not consume alcohol.
- b&b — B&B is the same as bed and breakfast.
- backrub — therapeutic manipulation of the muscles of the back; massage of the back.
- bathtub — A bathtub is a long, usually rectangular container which you fill with water and sit in to wash your body.
8 letter words ending with b
- aerobomb — a bomb dropped from an aircraft
- aldicarb — a crystalline compound, C7H14N2O2S, used as a pesticide against insects, mites and nematodes
- antisnob — a person opposed to snobbery
- apostilb — a unit of luminance equal to one ten thousandth of a lambert.
- backcomb — to comb the under layers of (the hair) towards the roots to give more bulk to a hairstyle
9 letter words ending with b
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- afro-comb — a comb with a handle and long teeth used esp on curly hair
- aminocarb — a crystalline compound, C 11 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used as a nonsystemic insecticide on various food crops and forest growth.
- atom-bomb — to bomb (a target) with an atomic bomb.
- aurangzeb — 1618–1707, Mogul emperor of Hindustan (1658–1707), whose reign marked both the height of Mogul prosperity and the decline of its power through the revolts of the Marathas
10 letter words ending with b
- billy-club — billy (def 1).
- breadcrumb — Breadcrumbs are tiny pieces of dry bread. They are used in cooking.
- cherry-bob — a pair of cherries joined at the end of their stems.
- coulterneb — The puffin.
- funnel-web — any large poisonous black spider of the family Dipluridae, constructing funnel-shaped webs
11 letter words ending with b
- alaska-crab — horseshoe crab.
- carpet-bomb — to drop many bombs on (an area) to prepare for advancing ground forces
- heart-throb — a rapid beat or pulsation of the heart.
- ibritumomab — A monoclonal antibody which is linked with yttrium-90 as the drug ibritumomab tiuxetan.
- off-the-job — done, received, or happening away from or while not at one's job: off-the-job research.
12 letter words ending with b
- lady's-thumb — a smartweed, Polygonum persicaria, of the buckwheat family, having pink or purplish flowers and lance-shaped leaves with a spot resembling a thumbprint.
- millicoulomb — a unit of electrical charge equal to one thousandth of a coulomb: Abbreviation: mC.
- womb-to-tomb — extending from prebirth to death: said especially of care under the National Health Service.
13 letter words ending with b
- chlorophyll-b — the green coloring matter of leaves and plants, essential to the production of carbohydrates by photosynthesis, and occurring in a bluish-black form, C 55 H 72 MgN 4 O 5 (chlorophyll a) and a dark-green form, C 55 H 70 MgN 4 O 6 (chlorophyll b)
- deaf-and-dumb — unable to hear or speak
- ge-pano-carib — a linguistic phylum comprising a large number of aboriginal languages with scattered distribution in South America east of the Andes.
- graffiti-bomb — Military. a projectile, formerly usually spherical, filled with a bursting charge and exploded by means of a fuze, by impact, or otherwise, now generally designed to be dropped from an aircraft.
- hercules-club — Also called Southern prickly ash. a prickly tree, Zanthoxylum clava-herculis, of the rue family, having a medicinal bark and berries.
14 letter words ending with b
- hercules'-club — a prickly North American araliaceous shrub, Aralia spinosa, with medicinal bark and leaves
- miller's-thumb — any of several small, freshwater sculpins of the genus Cottus, of Europe and North America.
- smash-and-grab — A smash-and-grab is a robbery in which a person breaks a shop window, takes the things that are on display there, and runs away with them.
15 letter words ending with b
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter B. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1245 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in B that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.