Words ending with ay
3 letter words ending with ay
- bay — A bay is a part of a coast where the land curves inwards.
- cay — a small low island or bank composed of sand and coral fragments, esp in the Caribbean area
- day — A day is one of the seven twenty-four hour periods of time in a week.
- fay — a female given name, form of Faith.
- gay — of, relating to, or exhibiting sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own sex; homosexual: a gay couple. Antonyms: straight.
4 letter words ending with ay
- alay — a mountain range in SW Kyrgyzstan, part of the Tien Shan. To 19,280 feet (5880 meters).
- away — If someone or something moves or is moved away from a place, they move or are moved so that they are no longer there. If you are away from a place, you are not in the place where people expect you to be.
- bray — When a donkey brays, it makes a loud harsh sound.
- chay — a plant of the madder family native to India
- clay — Clay is a kind of earth that is soft when it is wet and hard when it is dry. Clay is shaped and baked to make things such as pots and bricks.
5 letter words ending with ay
- albay — former name of Legaspi.
- allay — If you allay someone's fears or doubts, you stop them feeling afraid or doubtful.
- altay — a territory of the Russian Federation in central Asia. 101,000 sq. mi. (261,700 sq. km). Capital: Barnaul.
- alway — always
- array — An array of different things or people is a large number or wide range of them.
6 letter words ending with ay
- affray — An affray is a noisy and violent fight, especially in a public place.
- airway — A person's airways are the passages from their nose and mouth down to their lungs, through which air enters and leaves their body.
- anyway — You use anyway or anyhow to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous point.
- arblay — Madame Frances, Burney, Frances.
- astray — out of the correct path or direction
7 letter words ending with ay
- airplay — The airplay which a piece of popular music receives is the number of times it is played on the radio.
- all-day — available throughout the day
- alloway — a village in Scotland, in South Ayrshire, S of Ayr: birthplace of Robert Burns
- amscray — Leave quickly.
- antigay — opposed to homosexual people and behaviour
8 letter words ending with ay
- alleyway — An alleyway is the same as an alley.
- antisway — Designed to stabilize the left and right suspension systems of a road vehicle so as reduce roll or sway when turning corners.
- backstay — a stay leading aft from the upper part of a mast to the deck or stern
- bangalay — a myrtaceous Australian tree, Eucalyptus botryoides, valued for its hard red wood
- bioassay — a method of determining the concentration, activity, or effect of a change to substance by testing its effect on a living organism and comparing this with the activity of an agreed standard
9 letter words ending with ay
- accessway — a path, route, etc., that provides access to a specific destination or property, as to a public beach or state park.
- air-spray — pertaining to compressed-air spraying devices or to liquids used in them.
- alackaday — alack
- alley-way — an alley or lane.
- bloomsday — an annual celebration in Dublin on 16 June of the life of James Joyce and, in particular, his novel Ulysses, which is entirely set in Dublin on 16 June 1904
10 letter words ending with ay
- baggataway — a form of lacrosse as played originally by the Ojibwa Indians.
- chardonnay — a white grape originally grown in the Burgundy region of France, and now throughout the wine-producing world
- day-by-day — taking place each day; daily: a day-by-day account.
- day-to-day — Day-to-day things or activities exist or happen every day as part of ordinary life.
- degree-day — one degree of departure, on a single day, of the daily mean temperature from a given standard temperature. Abbreviation: dd.
11 letter words ending with ay
- carriageway — A carriageway is one side of a road on which traffic travelling in opposite directions is separated by a barrier.
- chateauguay — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, on the St. Lawrence.
- counterplay — a positive or aggressive action by the defending side, esp in chess
- dapple-gray — gray spotted with darker gray
- drainageway — a conduit, ditch, or the like, for draining water from an area.
12 letter words ending with ay
- chickasawhay — a river in SE Mississippi, flowing S to the Pascagoula River. 210 miles (338 km) long.
- companionway — A companionway is a staircase or ladder that leads from one deck to another on a ship.
- fotheringhay — a village in NE Northamptonshire, in E England, near Peterborough: Mary, Queen of Scots, imprisoned here and executed 1587.
- half-holiday — a holiday limited to half a working day or half an academic day.
- off-broadway — experimental or avant-garde drama produced in New York City, in small theaters, halls, churches, etc.
14 letter words ending with ay
- decoration-day — Also called Decoration Day. a day, May 30, set aside in most states of the U.S. for observances in memory of dead members of the armed forces of all wars: now officially observed on the last Monday in May.
- out-of-the-way — remote from much-traveled, frequented, or populous regions; secluded: an out-of-the-way inn up in the hills.
15 letter words ending with ay
- jubilate-sunday — Also called Jubilate Sunday. the third Sunday after Easter: so called from the first word of the 65th Psalm in the Vulgate, which is used as the introit.
- pay-and-display — denoting a car-parking system in which a motorist buys a permit to park for a specified period from a coin-operated machine and displays the permit on or near the windscreen of his or her car so that it can be seen by a parking attendant
16 letter words ending with ay
- duplessis-mornay — Philippe [fee-leep] /fiˈlip/ (Show IPA), Mornay, Philippe de.
- off-off-broadway — experimental or avant-garde drama produced in New York City, in small theaters, halls, churches, etc.
- radioimmunoassay — a test procedure that integrates immunologic and radiolabeling techniques to measure minute quantities of a substance, as a protein, hormone, or drug, in a given sample of body fluid or tissue.
19 letter words ending with ay
- safety-squeeze-play — Baseball. Also called suicide squeeze, suicide squeeze play. a play executed when there is a runner on third base and usually not more than one out, in which the runner starts for home as soon as the pitcher makes a motion to pitch, and the batter bunts. Also called safety squeeze, safety squeeze play. a similar play in which the runner on third base waits until the batter has successfully bunted before trying to score.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1576 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.