Words ending with axis
4 letter words ending with axis
- axis — An axis is an imaginary line through the middle of something.
- conjugate axis — the axis of a hyperbola perpendicular to the transverse axis at a point equidistant from the foci.
- crystallographic axis — one of the imaginary reference lines passing through the center of an ideal crystal, designated a, b, or c.
- imaginary axis — the vertical axis in an Argand diagram.
- magnetic axis — the straight line joining the two poles of a magnet, as the poles of the earth
5 letter words ending with axis
6 letter words ending with axis
7 letter words ending with axis
- synaxis — an assembly for religious worship, especially for the celebration of the Eucharist.
8 letter words ending with axis
- ataraxis — The absence of stress or anxiety; serenity.
- geotaxis — oriented movement of a motile organism toward or away from a gravitational force.
- phylaxis — medical term for protection against infection
- sparaxis — any plant of the cormous S African genus Sparaxis, esp S. grandiflora and S. tricolor, grown for their dainty spikes of star-shaped purple, red, or orange flowers: family Iridaceae
9 letter words ending with axis
- aerotaxis — the movement of organisms towards or away from oxygen caused by changes in oxygen concentration
- clinoaxis — in a monoclinic crystal, the lateral axis which forms an oblique angle with the vertical axis
- cytotaxis — movement of cells due to external stimulation
- epistaxis — nosebleed
- homotaxis — a similarity of arrangement, as of geologic strata or fossil assemblages that have the same relative position but are not necessarily contemporaneous.
10 letter words ending with axis
- anemotaxis — oriented movement in response to a current of air.
- brachyaxis — the shorter lateral axis of a monoclinic, orthorhombic, or triclinic crystal
- chemotaxis — the movement of a microorganism or cell in response to a chemical stimulus
- heliotaxis — movement of an organism toward or away from sunlight.
- hydrotaxis — oriented movement toward or away from water.
11 letter words ending with axis
- anaphylaxis — extreme sensitivity to an injected antigen, esp a protein, following a previous injection
- chemiotaxis — Dated form of chemotaxis.
- heterotaxis — abnormal or irregular arrangement, as of parts of the body, geological strata, etc.
- paraphraxis — the inability to perform purposive movements properly
- phyllotaxis — phyllotaxy.
12 letter words ending with axis
- galvanotaxis — movement of an organism or any of its parts in a particular direction in response to an electric current; electrotaxis.
- magnetotaxis — movement or orientation of an organism in response to a magnetic field.
- morphallaxis — Biology. the regeneration of a destroyed body part by the reorganization of its remaining cells.
- trophallaxis — (among social insects) the exchange of nutriments or other secretions between members of a colony.
13 letter words ending with axis
- tachyphylaxis — Medicine/Medical. immediate, temporary immunization against the effects of injection of a toxic extract owing to previous small injections of the same extract.
16 letter words ending with axis
- chemoprophylaxis — the prevention of disease using chemical drugs
17 letter words ending with axis
- psychoprophylaxis — Lamaze method.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AXIS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 78 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AXIS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.