Words ending with ate
3 letter words ending with ate
- ate — Ate is the past tense of eat.
4 letter words ending with ate
- bate — (of hawks) to jump violently from a perch or the falconer's fist, often hanging from the leash while struggling to escape
- cate — a choice bit; dainty
- date — A date is a specific time that can be named, for example a particular day or a particular year.
- fate — something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot: It is always his fate to be left behind.
- air date — the date of a broadcast or scheduled broadcast.
5 letter words ending with ate
- abate — If something bad or undesirable abates, it becomes much less strong or severe.
- agate — Agate is a very hard stone which is used to make jewellery.
- alate — having wings or winglike extensions
- amate — to be a match to or for (someone or something)
- blate — exhibiting corpselike qualities, for example a pallid tone, insensibility, or lack of spirits
6 letter words ending with ate
7 letter words ending with ate
- acerate — needle-shaped
- acetate — Acetate is a shiny artificial material, sometimes used for making clothes or records.
- actuate — If a person is actuated by an emotion, that emotion makes them act in a certain way. If something actuates a device, the device starts working.
- acylate — to introduce one or more acyl groups into a compound
- adipate — a salt or ester of adipic acid.
8 letter words ending with ate
- abdicate — If a king or queen abdicates, he or she gives up being king or queen.
- abietate — a salt or ester of abietic acid.
- abnegate — to deny to oneself; renounce (privileges, pleasure, etc)
- abrogate — If someone in a position of authority abrogates something such as a law, agreement, or practice, they put an end to it.
- accurate — careful and exact
9 letter words ending with ate
10 letter words ending with ate
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- abirritate — to soothe or make less irritable
- accelerate — If the process or rate of something accelerates or if something accelerates it, it gets faster and faster.
- accentuate — To accentuate something means to emphasize it or make it more noticeable.
11 letter words ending with ate
- abranchiate — having no gills
- accommodate — If a building or space can accommodate someone or something, it has enough room for them.
- acculturate — (of a cultural or social group) to assimilate the cultural traits of another group
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- agglomerate — to form or be formed into a mass or cluster; collect
12 letter words ending with ate
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- acetoacetate — (organic chemistry) Any salt or ester of acetoacetic acid.
- administrate — to manage or direct (the affairs of a business, institution, etc)
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- amphidentate — (of a ligand) able to coordinate through either of two different atoms, as in CN–
13 letter words ending with ate
- amphitrichate — having a single flagellum at each end.
- appendiculate — having appendicles
- baccalaureate — The baccalaureate is an examination taken by students at the age of eighteen in France and some other countries.
- bidenticulate — having two small teeth or toothlike processes.
- bioaccumulate — (of substances, esp toxins) to build up within the tissues of organisms
14 letter words ending with ate
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-corporate — of, for, or belonging to a corporation or corporations: a corporate executive; She considers the new federal subsidy just corporate welfare.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- barium-hydrate — Also called calcined baryta, barium oxide, barium monoxide, barium protoxide. a white or yellowish-white poisonous solid, BaO, highly reactive with water: used chiefly as a dehydrating agent and in the manufacture of glass.
- bisphosphonate — any drug of a class that inhibits the resorption of bone; used in treating certain bone disorders, esp osteoporosis
15 letter words ending with ate
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- antepenultimate — third from last
- archiepiscopate — the rank, office, or term of office of an archbishop
- cephalochordate — any chordate animal of the subphylum Cephalochordata, having a fishlike body and no vertebral column; lancelet
- circumstantiate — to support by giving particulars
16 letter words ending with ate
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- caducibranchiate — (of many amphibians, such as frogs) having gills during one stage of the life cycle only
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
- disproportionate — not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number.
- father-surrogate — a male who replaces an absent father and becomes an object of attachment.
17 letter words ending with ate
- complex-conjugate — one of a group of conjugate words.
- computer-literate — If someone is computer-literate, they have enough skill and knowledge to be able to use a computer.
- consumer-advocate — Also called consumer advocate. a person who is dedicated to protecting and promoting the welfare and rights of consumers.
- dehydrochlorinate — to remove hydrogen chloride or chlorine and hydrogen from (a substance).
18 letter words ending with ate
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
20 letter words ending with ate
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
24 letter words ending with ate
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ATE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3902 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ATE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.