Words ending with an
2 letter words ending with an
- an — An is used instead of 'a', the indefinite article, in front of words that begin with vowel sounds.
3 letter words ending with an
- ban — To ban something means to state officially that it must not be done, shown, or used.
- can — You use can when you are mentioning a quality or fact about something which people may make use of if they want to.
- dan — a small buoy used as a marker at sea
- advance man — an agent of a political candidate or other public figure who travels in advance of the candidate to organize publicity, arrange meetings, and make security checks
- advertising man — adman (def 1).
4 letter words ending with an
5 letter words ending with an
- achan — a member of the tribe of Judah who, with his family, was stoned to death for stealing forbidden spoils. Josh. 7:19–26.
- adhan — a call to prayer
- adman — An adman is someone who works in advertising.
- aidan — Saint. died 651 ad, Irish missionary in Northumbria, who founded the monastery at Lindisfarne (635). Feast day: Aug 31
- ajman — a sheikdom in E Arabia, the smallest of the United Arab Emirates, on the Persian Gulf. 100 sq. mi. (260 sq. km).
6 letter words ending with an
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- abakan — a city in S central Russia, capital of the Khakass Republic, at the confluence of the Yenisei and Abakan Rivers. Pop: 167 000 (2005 est)
- achkan — a type of man's coat, knee-length or longer and long-sleeved, worn in South Asia, traditionally by the Muslim and Sikh aristocracy of Northern India
- adrian — Edgar Douglas, Baron Adrian. 1889–1977, English physiologist, noted particularly for his research into the function of neurons: shared with Sherrington the Nobel prize for physiology and medicine 1932
- aegean — of or relating to the Aegean Sea or Islands
7 letter words ending with an
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- abidjan — a port in Côte d'Ivoire, on the Gulf of Guinea: the legislative capital (Yamoussoukro became the administrative capital in 1983). Pop: 3 516 000 (2005 est)
- acadian — denoting or relating to Acadia or its inhabitants
- achaean — a member of a principal Greek tribe in the Mycenaean era
8 letter words ending with an
- accadian — the eastern Semitic language, now extinct, of Assyria and Babylonia, written with a cuneiform script.
- actinian — belonging or pertaining to the order or suborder Actiniaria, comprising the sea anemones.
- adlerian — of or relating to Alfred Adler or his ideas
- aerarian — of or relating to the aerarium.
- aesopian — of Aesop or characteristic of his fables
9 letter words ending with an
- abkhazian — a Caucasian language of Abkhazia, best known for its rich consonantism.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- achillean — the greatest Greek warrior in the Trojan War and hero of Homer's Iliad. He killed Hector and was killed when Paris wounded him in the heel, his one vulnerable spot, with an arrow.
- actuarian — Insurance. a person who computes premium rates, dividends, risks, etc., according to probabilities based on statistical records.
10 letter words ending with an
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- abyssinian — a native or inhabitant of Abyssinia
- actinozoan — anthozoan
- addisonian — of, relating to, or characteristic of Joseph Addison or his works.
11 letter words ending with an
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
12 letter words ending with an
- aesthetician — a student of aesthetics
- aircraftsman — a person holding the rank of noncommissioned officer in the RAF.
- all-american — If you describe someone as an all-American boy or girl, you mean that they seem to have all the typical qualities that are valued by ordinary Americans, such as good looks and love of their country.
- ambartsumian — Viktor A(mazaspovich). 1908–96, Armenian astrophysicist, renowned for his description of radio sources as explosions in the core of galaxies
- anglo-indian — An Anglo-Indian person is someone whose family is partly British and partly Indian.
13 letter words ending with an
- afro-american — African-American
- ante-meridian — occurring before noon.
- anti-american — opposed to anything of or relating to the United States of America
- anti-european — opposed to the European Union or to political union of the countries of Europe
- anti-freudian — of or relating to Sigmund Freud or his doctrines, especially with respect to the causes and treatment of neurotic and psychopathic states, the interpretation of dreams, etc.
14 letter words ending with an
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- anglo-american — of or relating to relations between England and the United States or their peoples
- antirepublican — opposed to the principles or practice of republicanism
15 letter words ending with an
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- anti-malthusian — of or relating to the theories of T. R. Malthus, which state that population tends to increase faster, at a geometrical ratio, than the means of subsistence, which increases at an arithmetical ratio, and that this will result in an inadequate supply of the goods supporting life unless war, famine, or disease reduces the population or the increase of population is checked.
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
- biostatistician — someone who studies or works professionally in the field of biostatistics
16 letter words ending with an
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
17 letter words ending with an
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
18 letter words ending with an
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
- catch-as-catch-can — a style of wrestling in which trips, holds below the waist, etc, are allowed
- chukchi-kamchatkan — Chukotian.
21 letter words ending with an
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words ending with an
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words ending with an
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4889 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.