Words ending with am
2 letter words ending with am
3 letter words ending with am
- aam — air-to-air missile
- bam — a hoax, deception, cheating
- cam — a slider or roller attached to a rotating shaft to give a particular type of reciprocating motion to a part in contact with its profile
- dam — A dam is a wall that is built across a river in order to stop the water flowing and to make a lake.
- eam — (dialectal, or, obsolete) Uncle.
4 letter words ending with am
5 letter words ending with am
- -gram — -gram combines with nouns to form other nouns which refer to someone who dresses up in order to a bring a message to someone else, as a practical joke.
- abeam — at right angles to the length and directly opposite the centre of a vessel or aircraft
- abram — auburn
- afoam — In a foaming state.
- agram — German name of Zagreb.
6 letter words ending with am
- abscam — the code name for an FBI investigation (1978–80) of bribery, involving members of Congress.
- agawam — a city in W central Massachusetts.
- agleam — glowing; gleaming
- ascham — Roger. ?1515–68, English humanist writer and classical scholar: tutor to Queen Elizabeth I
- ashram — a religious retreat or community where a Hindu holy man lives
7 letter words ending with am
- abinoam — the father of Barak. Judges 4:6; 12; 5:1.
- abraham — the first of the patriarchs, the father of Isaac and the founder of the Hebrew people (Genesis 11–25)
- am-dram — amateur dramatics
- amalgam — Something that is an amalgam of two or more things is a mixture of them.
- anagram — An anagram is a word or phrase formed by changing the order of the letters in another word or phrase. For example, 'triangle' is an anagram of 'integral'.
8 letter words ending with am
- aerogram — an airmail letter written on a single sheet of lightweight paper that folds and is sealed to form an envelope
- ambigram — A design that may be read as the same word, name or phrase (or sometimes two different words, names or phrases) when oriented in two different ways, usually when reflected along a vertical or horizontal axis or when rotated through 180 degrees.
- antietam — a creek in NW Maryland, flowing into the Potomac: scene of a Civil War battle (1862), in which the Confederate forces of General Robert E. Lee were defeated
- antigram — One of a pair of anagrams with opposite meanings.
- antispam — intended to block unsolicited e-mails
9 letter words ending with am
- airstream — a wind, esp at a high altitude
- allingham — Margery. 1904–66, British author of detective stories, featuring Albert Campion. Her works include Tiger in the Smoke (1952) and The Mind Readers (1965)
- alphagram — The letters of a word, or any other set of letters, arranged into alphabetical order.
- amsterdam — the commercial capital of the Netherlands, a major industrial centre and port on the IJsselmeer, connected with the North Sea by canal: built on about 100 islands within a network of canals. Pop: 737 000 (2003 est)
- anemogram — a record produced by an anemograph
10 letter words ending with am
- actinogram — the record produced by the action of an actinograph.
- alprazolam — a potent benzodiazepine, C 17 H 13 CIN 4 , used in the treatment of certain anxiety states.
- altrincham — a residential town in NW England, in Trafford unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 40 695 (2001)
- arthrogram — an x-ray photograph produced by arthrography.
- bellingham — seaport in NW Wash., at the N end of Puget Sound: pop. 67,000
11 letter words ending with am
- arteriogram — an X-ray of a vein or artery which has been injected with dye in order to diagnose obstruction or damage
- bloodstream — Your bloodstream is the blood that flows around your body.
- buttercream — a vanilla-flavored cake frosting or filling made principally of softened butter and powdered sugar.
- caprolactam — a white crystalline cyclic imine used in the manufacture of nylon. Formula: C5H10NHCO
- cephalogram — An X-ray of the craniofacial area.
12 letter words ending with am
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- chromatogram — a column or strip of material containing constituents of a mixture separated by chromatography
- hojatoleslam — a title of respect given to an ayatollah or a middle-ranking Shiite cleric, which means literally 'proof of Islam'
- mamallapuram — Mahabalipuram.
- meclonazepam — A benzodiazepine derivative, similar in structure to clonazepam, with sedative and anxiolytic effects and antiparasitic activity against Schistosoma mansoni.
13 letter words ending with am
- autoradiogram — autoradiograph
- battering-ram — an ancient military device with a heavy horizontal ram for battering down walls, gates, etc.
- cholangiogram — an X-ray of the bile duct performed after administering dye into the ducts that shows up on the X-ray
- counterstream — a stream (of matter) which travels in the opposite direction
- diffractogram — An image produced by a diffractometer.
14 letter words ending with am
- cholecystogram — the production of x-ray photographs of the gallbladder following administration of a radiopaque substance that is secreted by the liver into the gallbladder.
- counterprogram — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- echocardiogram — a graphic record produced by an echocardiograph.
- electromyogram — A record or display produced by electromyography.
- flotsam-jetsam — the part of the wreckage of a ship and its cargo found floating on the water. Compare jetsam, lagan.
15 letter words ending with am
- bathythermogram — a record made by a bathythermograph.
- phonocardiogram — the graphic record produced by a phonocardiograph.
- photofluorogram — a recording on photographic film of images produced by a fluoroscopic examination.
- thank-you-ma'am — a bump or depression in a road that jars a person riding over it.
16 letter words ending with am
17 letter words ending with am
- codlins-and-cream — an onagraceous plant, Epilobium hirsutum, native to Europe and Asia and introduced into North America, having purplish-red flowers and hairy stems and leaves
- echoencephalogram — a graphic record produced by an echoencephalograph.
- electrocardiogram — A record or display of a person’s heartbeat produced by electrocardiography.
- electroretinogram — A record of the electrical activity of the retina, used in medical diagnosis and research.
18 letter words ending with am
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- electrocorticogram — a record of brain waves obtained by placing electrodes directly on the surface of the exposed cerebral cortex
- thiruvananthapuram — a state in SW India: formerly the regions of Travancore and Cochin. 15,005 sq. mi. (38,836 sq. km). Capital: Thiruvananthapuram.
19 letter words ending with am
20 letter words ending with am
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1082 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.