Words ending with ale
3 letter words ending with ale
4 letter words ending with ale
- bale — A bale is a large quantity of something such as hay, cloth, or paper, tied together tightly.
- dale — A dale is a valley.
- eale — Obsolete form of ale.
- gale — Zona [zoh-nuh] /ˈzoʊ nə/ (Show IPA), 1874–1938, U.S. novelist, short-story writer, playwright, and poet.
- hale — free from disease or infirmity; robust; vigorous: hale and hearty men in the prime of life.
5 letter words ending with ale
- avale — (transitive, obsolete) To cause to descend; to lower; to let fall; to doff.
- beale — Dorothea. 1831–1906, British schoolmistress, a champion of women's education and suffrage. As principal of Cheltenham Ladies' College (1858–1906) she introduced important reforms
- deale — Archaic spelling of deal.
- dwale — Deadly nightshade or belladonna.
- orale — fanon (def 2).
6 letter words ending with ale
- canale — An artificial waterway or artificially improved river used for travel, shipping, or irrigation.
- cigale — (language, tool) A parser generator language with extensible syntax.
- embale — to bind or wrap (goods) into a package or bale
- empale — Obsolete form of impale.
- exhale — Breathe out in a deliberate manner.
7 letter words ending with ale
8 letter words ending with ale
- airedale — a large rough-haired tan-coloured breed of terrier characterized by a black saddle-shaped patch covering most of the back
- amygdale — a vesicle in a volcanic rock, formed from a bubble of escaping gas, that has become filled with light-coloured minerals, such as quartz and calcite
- antimale — opposed to men
- armidale — a town in Australia, in NE New South Wales: a centre for tourism. Pop: 20 271 (2001)
- biennale — an event occurring every two years
9 letter words ending with ale
- aftersale — (business) After the sale of a product.
- annandale — suburb of Washington, D.C., in NE Va.: pop. 55,000
- bleasdale — Alan. born 1946, British playwright, best known for his television series The Boys From the Blackstuff (1983) and GBH (1991)
- carrytale — a gossipmonger
- coverdale — Miles. 1488–1568, the first translator of the complete Bible into English (1535)
10 letter words ending with ale
- antifemale — opposed to or discriminating against women
- aquamanale — aquamanile.
- broadscale — on a broad scale; extensive; spread over a wide area
- calderdale — a unitary authority in N England, in West Yorkshire. Pop: 193 200 (2003 est). Area: 364 sq km (140 sq miles)
- carbondale — a city in SW Illinois.
11 letter words ending with ale
- aquaemanale — aquamanile.
- chippendale — Chippendale is a style of furniture from the eighteenth century.
- farthingale — a hoop skirt or framework for expanding a woman's skirt, worn in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- garage-sale — a sale of used or unwanted household goods, personal items, bric-a-brac, etc., typically held in one's garage or yard.
- grand-scale — of large proportion, extent, magnitude, etc.: grand-scale efforts; a grand-scale approach.
12 letter words ending with ale
- allan-a-dale — (in English balladry) a member of Robin Hood's band who saved his sweetheart from an enforced marriage and married her himself
- bloomingdale — a town in NE Illinois.
- farthingdale — (British, dated, 13th-19th C.) A unit of area equal to one quarter of an acre.
- skelmersdale — a town in NW England, in Lancashire: designated a new town in 1962. Pop: 39 279 (2001)
13 letter words ending with ale
- point-of-sale — the store, dealer, or other retail outlet where an item is sold: from manufacturer to point-of-sale.
14 letter words ending with ale
- female-to-male — noting or relating to a person who was born female but whose gender identity and gender expression is male.
- internationale — a revolutionary workers' anthem, first sung in France in 1871.
- male-to-female — noting or relating to a person who was born male but whose gender identity and gender expression is female.
- the internationale — a revolutionary socialist hymn, first sung in 1871 in France
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ALE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 426 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ALE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.