Words ending with ade
3 letter words ending with ade
- ade — George1866-1944; U.S. humorist
4 letter words ending with ade
- -ade — a sweetened drink made of various fruits
- bade — Bade is a past tense of bid2.
- cade — a juniper tree, Juniperus oxycedrus of the Mediterranean region, the wood of which yields an oily brown liquid (oil of cade) used to treat skin ailments
- dade — (obsolete, intransitive) To walk unsteadily, like a child; to move slowly.
- fade — to lose brightness or vividness of color.
5 letter words ending with ade
- -cade — indicating a procession of a specified kind
- -made — -made combines with words such as 'factory' to make adjectives that indicate that something has been made or produced in a particular place or in a particular way.
- abade — Obsolete form of abode.
- agade — a city on the Euphrates in N Babylonia, the centre of a major empire and civilization (2360–2180 bc)
- blade — The blade of a knife, axe, or saw is the edge, which is used for cutting.
6 letter words ending with ade
- -grade — indicating a kind or manner of movement or progression
- abrade — To abrade something means to scrape or wear down its surface by rubbing it.
- alcade — a mayor having judicial powers.
- arcade — An arcade is a covered passage where there are shops or market stalls.
- aubade — a song or poem appropriate to or greeting the dawn
7 letter words ending with ade
- aggrade — to build up the level of (any land surface) by the deposition of sediment
- alidade — a surveying instrument used in plane-tabling for drawing lines of sight on a distant object and taking angular measurements
- b-grade — A B-grade person or thing is one that you consider to be inferior or of poor quality.
- ballade — a verse form consisting of three stanzas and an envoy, all ending with the same line. The first three stanzas commonly have eight or ten lines each and the same rhyme scheme
- boutade — an outburst; sally
8 letter words ending with ade
- accolade — If someone is given an accolade, something is done or said about them which shows how much people admire them.
- almohade — a member of a group of puritanical Muslims, originally Berbers, who arose in S Morocco in the 12th century as a reaction against the corrupt Almoravides and who ruled Spain and all Maghrib from about 1147 to after 1213
- aquacade — an aquatic exhibition or entertainment consisting of swimming, diving, etc., often to music
- autocade — a procession or parade of automobiles; motorcade.
- belgrade — the capital of Serbia, in the E part at the confluence of the Danube and Sava Rivers: became the capital of Serbia in 1878, of Yugoslavia in 1929, and later of the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro (2003–2006). Pop: 1 280 639 (2002)
9 letter words ending with ade
- ambassade — (obsolete) The mission of an ambassador.
- ambuscade — an ambush
- antegrade — Moving or directed forward.
- antitrade — a wind in the upper atmosphere blowing in the opposite direction from and above the trade winds
- ballotade — a movement similar to a croupade except that the horse draws in its hind legs so that the iron of the shoes is visible.
10 letter words ending with ade
- balustrade — A balustrade is a railing or wall on a balcony or staircase.
- bench-made — (of articles made of leather, wood, etc.) individually produced and finished, as on a carpenter's bench; custom-made.
- biodegrade — to decompose (something)
- brake-fade — the decrease in efficiency of braking of a motor vehicle due to overheating of the brakes
- carbonnade — a thick stew of beef, onions, herbs, etc., cooked in beer.
11 letter words ending with ade
12 letter words ending with ade
- arden-arcade — suburb of Sacramento, in central Calif.: pop. 96,000
- countertrade — international trade in which payment is made in goods rather than currency
- degringolade — a rapid descent or deterioration
- hand-grenade — a grenade or explosive shell that is thrown by hand and exploded either by impact or by means of a fuze.
- harlequinade — a pantomime, farce, or similar play in which Harlequin plays the principal part.
13 letter words ending with ade
- cap-and-trade — denoting a scheme which allows companies with high greenhouse gas emissions to buy an emission allowance from companies which have fewer emissions, in a bid to reduce the overall impact to the environment
- reserve-grade — denoting a sporting team of the second rank in a club
- weapons-grade — Weapons-grade substances such as uranium or plutonium are of a quality which makes them suitable for use in the manufacture of nuclear weapons.
14 letter words ending with ade
15 letter words ending with ade
- counterblockade — a retaliatory blockade
17 letter words ending with ade
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ADE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 435 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ADE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.