Words containing ya
2 letter words containing ya
- ya — the 28th letter of the Arabic alphabet.
3 letter words containing ya
4 letter words containing ya
- aiya — (China, Hong Kong, Singapore, informal) ah; oh; expressing surprise or blame.
- ayah — (in the East, Africa, and other parts of the former British Empire) a maidservant, nursemaid, or governess, esp one of Indian or Malay origin
- ayas — Plural form of aya.
- ayat — A verse of the Quran.
- baya — a common weaverbird, Ploceus philippinus, of India.
5 letter words containing ya
- abaya — a loose-fitting, long-sleeved robe worn by Muslim women in Arabic-speaking countries, often with a headscarf or veil
- akyab — former name of Sittwe.
- aliya — any immigration to Israel, the Holy Land
- anaya — Rudolfo [roo-dol-foh] /ruˈdɒl foʊ/ (Show IPA), born 1937, U.S. author.
- aryan — (in Nazi ideology) a Caucasian of non-Jewish descent, esp of the Nordic type
6 letter words containing ya
- abayas — Plural form of abaya.
- aditya — one of the Vedic gods, the sons of Aditi.
- aliyah — immigration to the Holy Land
- angiya — a short-sleeved bodice that ends just below the breasts, worn by Muslim women in India.
- anyang — a town in E China, in Henan province: archaeological site and capital of the Shang dynasty. Pop: 808 000 (2005 est)
7 letter words containing ya
8 letter words containing ya
- abeyance — a state of being suspended or put aside temporarily
- abeyancy — (rare) Abeyance.
- abhinaya — (dance) Use of the face and hands, in an expressive manner, similar to the kathakali dance of India.R:MW3 1976 page=3.
- acharyas — Plural form of acharya.
- ahmadiya — a modern sect, divided into an older group (Qadianis) and a newer group (Lahore party)
9 letter words containing ya
- abeyances — Plural form of abeyance.
- annoyable — Capable of being annoyed.
- annoyance — Annoyance is the feeling that you get when someone makes you feel fairly angry or impatient.
- assayable — That may be assayed.
- ayahuasca — a Brazilian plant, Banisteriopsis caapi, that has winged fruits and yields a powerful hallucinogenic alkaloid sometimes used to treat certain disorders of the central nervous system: family Malpighiaceae
10 letter words containing ya
- ahmadiyyah — a messianic Islamic sect founded in Qadian, India, in 1889 by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad; it split into two branches in 1914
- annoyances — Plural form of annoyance.
- aparavidya — intellectual knowledge.
- ayatollahs — Plural form of ayatollah.
- balikbayan — (Philippines) A Filipino returning to the Philippines after spending time in another country. (from 20th c.).
11 letter words containing ya
- anthocyanin — any of a class of water-soluble glycosidic pigments, esp those responsible for the red and blue colours in flowers. They are closely related to vitamins E and P
- atchafalaya — a river in S central Louisiana, flowing S to an inlet (Atchafalaya Bay) on the Gulf of Mexico; a heavily engineered distributary of the Mississippi. 225 miles (362 km).
- banyan-tree — Also called banyan tree. an East Indian fig tree, Ficus benghalensis, of the mulberry family, having branches that send out adventitious roots to the ground and sometimes cause the tree to spread over a wide area.
- barnyardism — a smutty or indecent word or expression.
- bunya-bunya — a tall dome-shaped Australian coniferous tree, Araucaria bidwillii, having edible cones (bunya nuts) and thickish flattened needles
12 letter words containing ya
13 letter words containing ya
- clairvoyantly — In a clairvoyant way; by means of clairvoyance.
- cyanoacrylate — a substance with an acrylate base, usually sold in the form of a quick-setting highly adhesive glue
- cyanobacteria — a group of photosynthetic bacteria (phylum Cyanobacteria) containing a blue photosynthetic pigment
- deployability — Military. to spread out (troops) so as to form an extended front or line.
- dicyandiamide — a white, crystalline, rather sparingly water-soluble solid, C 2 H 4 N 4 , produced from cyanamide by polymerization: used in the manufacture of plastics and pharmaceuticals.
14 letter words containing ya
- araguaya-river — a river flowing N from central Brazil to the Tocantins River. about 1100 miles (1770 km) long.
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- cyanobacterium — (biology) Any of very many photosynthetic prokaryotic microorganisms, of phylum Cyanobacteria, once known as blue-green algae.
- cyanocobalamin — a complex red crystalline compound, containing cyanide and cobalt and occurring in liver: lack of it in the tissues leads to pernicious anaemia. Formula: C63H88O14N14PCo
- cyanoguanidine — dicyandiamide.
15 letter words containing ya
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- azuchi-momoyama — a period of Japanese art, 1568–1600, characterized by construction of imposing, elegant castles and small, unadorned teahouses, lavish decorative arts, and bright-colored painting.
- immunoassayable — Suitable for immunoassay.
- isothiocyanates — Plural form of isothiocyanate.
- non-conveyances — the act of conveying; transmission; communication.
16 letter words containing ya
- dihydroxyacetone — (organic compound) The compound CO(CH2OH)2 that has a number of industrial uses.
- hydroferricyanic — (chemistry) Pertaining to, or containing, or obtained from, hydrogen, ferric iron, and cyanogen.
- mesembryanthemum — any of various chiefly Old World plants of the genus Mesembryanthemum, having thick, fleshy leaves and often showy flowers.
- union-of-myanmar — Union of, official name of Burma.
17 letter words containing ya
On this page, we collect all words with YA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1625 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains YA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.