Words containing xe
2 letter words containing xe
- xe — (nonstandard) they (singular). non-gloss definition Gender-neutral third-person singular subject pronoun, coordinate with gendered pronouns 'he' and 'she'.
3 letter words containing xe
- axe — An axe is a tool used for cutting wood. It consists of a heavy metal blade which is sharp at one edge and attached by its other edge to the end of a long handle.
- exe — /eks'ee/ or /eek'see/ or /E-X-E/ An executable binary file. Some operating systems (notably MS-DOS, VMS, and TWENEX) use the extension .EXE to mark such files. This usage is also occasionally found among Unix programmers even though Unix executables don't have any required suffix.
- xed — to cross out or mark with or as if with an x (often followed by out): to x out an error.
- xex — Xtreme Elite Xecutioners
4 letter words containing xe
- axed — an instrument with a bladed head on a handle or helve, used for hewing, cleaving, chopping, etc.
- axel — a jump in which the skater takes off from the forward outside edge of one skate, makes one and a half, two and a half, or three and a half turns in the air, and lands on the backward outside edge of the other skate
- axen — Lb UK dialectal Ashes.
- axes — Axes is the plural of axe.
- exec — An executive.
5 letter words containing xe
- axels — Plural form of axel.
- boxed — A boxed set or collection of things is sold in a box.
- boxen — of or relating to the box-tree; made of box-wood
- boxer — A boxer is someone who takes part in the sport of boxing.
- boxes — an evergreen shrub or small tree of the genus Buxus, especially B. sempervirens, having shiny, elliptic, dark-green leaves, used for ornamental borders, hedges, etc., and yielding a hard, durable wood.
6 letter words containing xe
- -sexed — -sexed is used after adverbs such as 'over' and 'under' to form adjectives which indicate that someone wants to have sex too often or not often enough.
- annexe — An annexe is a building which is joined to or is next to a larger main building.
- apexes — the tip, point, or vertex; summit.
- araxes — Araks
- axeman — a man who wields an axe, esp to cut down trees
7 letter words containing xe
- addaxes — Plural form of addax.
- admixed — Simple past tense and past participle of admix.
- admixes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of admix.
- adnexed — (botany, mycology) Narrowly attached to a stem or stipe.
- affixed — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
8 letter words containing xe
- affluxes — Plural form of afflux.
- anoxemia — a reduction in the normal amount of oxygen in the blood, as at high altitudes
- apomixes — Plural form of apomixis.
- banjaxed — destroyed or ruined
- bolloxed — to do (something) badly; bungle (often followed by up): His interference bollixed up the whole deal.
9 letter words containing xe
- antefixes — Plural form of antefix.
- bandboxes — Plural form of bandbox.
- basifixed — (of an anther) attached to the filament by its base
- battleaxe — Alternative spelling of battle-ax.
- beatboxer — (music) A performer who imitates the sound of musical instruments, especially percussion, with his or her voice.
10 letter words containing xe
- amphimixes — Plural form of amphimixis.
- antivaxxer — a person who distrusts or is against vaccination, especially a parent who refuses to have a young child vaccinated.
- appendixes — supplementary material at the end of a book, article, document, or other text, usually of an explanatory, statistical, or bibliographic nature. Synonyms: addendum, adjunct, appurtenance; addition, supplement.
- artaxerxes — Artaxerxes I465?-424? b.c.; king of ancient Persia: son of Xerxes I
- axenically — in a manner not associated with any other living organism
11 letter words containing xe
- atomoxetine — (pharmaceutical drug) A non-stimulant drug used for the treatment of ADHD.
- autotoxemia — autointoxication
- axe-breaker — an Australian oleaceous tree, Notelaea longifolia, yielding very hard timber
- axenization — (uncountable) The process of isolating a particular organism from all others.
- axerophthol — any form of vitamin A
12 letter words containing xe
- anticlimaxes — Plural form of anticlimax.
- autoexec.bat — (operating system) The batch file containing commands, loaded by MS-DOS after running CONFIG.SYS. AUTOEXEC.BAT contains normal DOS commands and can be used for additional system configuration such as setting paths and variables, configuring network connections and running application programs.
- axe-murderer — someone who commits murderer with an axe
- chatterboxes — Plural form of chatterbox.
- circumflexed — (linguistics, of a written word) exhibiting circumflex accent.
13 letter words containing xe
- clinopyroxene — a member of the pyroxene group of minerals having a monoclinic crystal structure, such as augite, diopside, or jadeite
- complexedness — complexity
- demultiplexer — a type of electronic circuit which receives a single input signal and selects one of multiple possible output routes to which to transmit the signal
- enterotoxemia — Blood poisoning caused by an enterotoxin.
- exemplariness — The state or condition of being exemplary, serving as a shining example.
14 letter words containing xe
15 letter words containing xe
- cephalothoraxes — Plural form of cephalothorax.
- exemplification — The act of exemplifying; a showing or illustrating by example.
- propylhexedrine — a colorless, adrenergic, water-soluble liquid, C 1 0 H 2 N, used by inhalation as a nasal decongestant.
- xenotransplants — Plural form of xenotransplant.
- xerographically — In a xerographic way; by xerography.
16 letter words containing xe
17 letter words containing xe
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- saxe-coburg-gotha — a member of the present British royal family, from the establishment of the house in 1901 until 1917 when the family name was changed to Windsor.
20 letter words containing xe
- saxe-weimar-eisenach — a former grand duchy in Thuringia in central Germany.
On this page, we collect all words with XE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 936 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains XE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.