Words containing wate
5 letter words containing wate
- water — a liquid solution or preparation, especially one used for cosmetic purposes: lavender water; lemon water.
6 letter words containing wate
- waters — a transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid, a compound of hydrogen and oxygen, H 2 O, freezing at 32°F or 0°C and boiling at 212°F or 100°C, that in a more or less impure state constitutes rain, oceans, lakes, rivers, etc.: it contains 11.188 percent hydrogen and 88.812 percent oxygen, by weight.
- watery — pertaining to or connected with water: watery Neptune.
7 letter words containing wate
8 letter words containing wate
- cutwater — the forward part of the stem of a vessel, which cuts through the water
- eyewater — a lotion for the eyes
- midwater — The part of a body of water near neither the bottom nor the surface.
- pomwater — a kind of sharp-tasting apple
- redwater — a disease of cattle caused by the protozoan Babesia (or Piroplasma) bovis, which destroys the red blood cells, characterized by the passage of red or blackish urine. It is transmitted by tick bites
9 letter words containing wate
10 letter words containing wate
- backwaters — Plural form of backwater.
- blackwater — a stream stained dark with peat
- blue-water — designed to operate on and range over the open sea; oceangoing: a bluewater navy that can be dispatched throughout the world, far from its home base.
- breakwater — A breakwater is a wooden or stone wall that extends from the shore into the sea and is built in order to protect a harbour or beach from the force of the waves.
- bridgwater — a town in SW England, in central Somerset. Pop: 36 563 (2001)
11 letter words containing wate
- bridgewater — a town in E Massachusetts.
- floodwaters — The waters of a flood.
- groundwater — the water beneath the surface of the ground, consisting largely of surface water that has seeped down: the source of water in springs and wells.
- heart-water — a tick-borne disease of cattle, sheep, and goats characterized by fluid accumulation in the pericardial sac. It is caused by the organism Rickettsia ruminantium
- springwater — water from a spring
12 letter words containing wate
- deepwaterman — a ship that goes far out to sea and into deep water
- derwentwater — a lake in NW England, in Cumbria in the Lake District. Area: about 8 sq km (3 sq miles)
- eye-watering — painful or extremely unpleasant
- water-budget — (formerly) a leather bag suspended at each end of a pole or yoke and used for carrying water.
- water-cooled — kept from overheating by having water circulated around or through it, as in pipes or a water jacket
13 letter words containing wate
- mouthwatering — very appetizing in appearance, aroma, or description: a mouth-watering dessert.
- water-proofed — impervious to water.
- water-soaking — to soak or saturate with water.
- water-soluble — capable of dissolving in water.
- waterboarding — a harsh interrogation technique in which water is poured onto the face and head of the immobilized victim so as to induce a fear of drowning.
14 letter words containing wate
- milk-and-water — ineffective; wishy-washy; lacking will or strength.
- mouth-watering — very appetizing in appearance, aroma, or description: a mouth-watering dessert.
- watercolourist — An artist who paints watercolours.
- waterproofness — The property of being waterproof.
- watertightness — constructed or fitted so tightly as to be impervious to water: The ship had six watertight compartments.
15 letter words containing wate
- coldwater-river — a river in NW Mississippi, flowing S to the Tallahatchie River. 220 miles (354 km) long.
- mouthwateringly — In a mouthwatering manner.
- water-repellent — having a finish that resists but is not impervious to water.
- water-resistant — resisting though not entirely preventing the penetration of water.
21 letter words containing wate
On this page, we collect all words with WATE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 624 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WATE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.