Words containing wa
3 letter words containing wa
- awa — Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd
- cwa — Country Women's Association
- fwa — flexible working arrangement: an agreement between an employer and employee that the employee's working hours may be adapted to suit his or her particular needs
- kwa — of, belonging to, or constituting Kwa.
- pwa — person with AIDS
4 letter words containing wa
- adwa — town in N Ethiopia: site of Menelik II's defeat of the Italians (1896), which led to recognition of Ethiopian independence: pop. 17,000
- away — If someone or something moves or is moved away from a place, they move or are moved so that they are no longer there. If you are away from a place, you are not in the place where people expect you to be.
- biwa — Lake, the largest lake in Japan, on Honshu, near Kyoto. 260 sq. mi. (673 sq. km).
- cewa — Chewa.
- dwam — a stupor or daydream (esp in the phrase in a dwam)
5 letter words containing wa
- adowa — Adwa
- aduwa — a town in N Ethiopia: Emperor Menelik II defeated the Italians here in 1896. Pop: 46 272 (2005 est)
- ahwaz — a town in SW Iran, on the Karun River. Pop: 967 000 (2005 est)
- alway — always
- aswan — an ancient town in SE Egypt, on the Nile, just below the First Cataract. Pop: 249 000 (2005 est)
6 letter words containing wa
- abwatt — the cgs unit of power in the electromagnetic system, equal to the power dissipated when a current of 1 abampere flows across a potential difference of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–7 watt
- adware — a type of computer software that collects information about a user's browsing patterns in order to display relevant advertisements in his or her Web browser
- agawam — a city in W central Massachusetts.
- airway — A person's airways are the passages from their nose and mouth down to their lungs, through which air enters and leaves their body.
- always — If you always do something, you do it whenever a particular situation occurs. If you always did something, you did it whenever a particular situation occurred.
7 letter words containing wa
- adamawa — a state of Nigeria, in the E on the border with Cameroon. Capital: Yola. Pop: 3 168 101 (2006). Area: 36 917 sq km (14 254 sq miles)
- airwash — to cool (a roof or the like) with a current of air.
- alloway — a village in Scotland, in South Ayrshire, S of Ayr: birthplace of Robert Burns
- antiwar — opposed to war
- anyways — Anyways is a non-standard form of anyway.
8 letter words containing wa
- airwaves — The airwaves is used to refer to the activity of broadcasting on radio and television. For example, if someone says something over the airwaves, they say it on the radio or television.
- alleyway — An alleyway is the same as an alley.
- antisway — Designed to stabilize the left and right suspension systems of a road vehicle so as reduce roll or sway when turning corners.
- arawakan — a family of American Indian languages found throughout NE South America
- awaiting — waiting
9 letter words containing wa
- accessway — a path, route, etc., that provides access to a specific destination or property, as to a public beach or state park.
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- agateware — ceramic ware made to resemble agate or marble
- akutagawa — Ryunosuke [ryoo-naw-soo-ke] /ryʊˈnɔ sʊˌkɛ/ (Show IPA), 1892–1927, Japanese short-story writer and essayist.
- alley-way — an alley or lane.
10 letter words containing wa
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- allowables — that may be allowed; legitimate; permissible: an allowable tax deduction.
- angwantibo — a rare gold-coloured prosimian primate of tropical Africa, Arctocebus calabarensis, having digits that are specialized as a pair of pincers for climbing: family Lorisidae (lorises)
- baggataway — a form of lacrosse as played originally by the Ojibwa Indians.
- bahawalpur — an industrial city in Pakistan: cotton, soap. Pop: 563 000 (2005 est)
11 letter words containing wa
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- alpha-waves — a pattern of slow brain waves (alpha waves) in normal persons at rest with closed eyes, thought by some to be associated with an alert but daydreaming mind.
- ashwaubenon — a town in E Wisconsin.
- awarenesses — the state or condition of being aware; having knowledge; consciousness: The object of the information drive is to raise awareness of what spreads HIV/AIDS.
12 letter words containing wa
- assbackwards — in an order or way reverse from the usual: You've sewn the sleeve on assbackwards.
- athwartships — from one side to the other of a vessel at right angles to the keel
- attawapiskat — a river in NE Ontario, Canada, flowing E and N to James Bay. 465 miles (748 km) long.
- backwardness — toward the back or rear.
- bench-warmer — a substitute who rarely gets to play in a game.
13 letter words containing wa
- ajmer-merwara — a former province in NW India. 2400 sq. mi. (6216 sq. km).
- backwardation — the difference between the spot price for a commodity, including rent and interest, and the forward price
- bassenthwaite — a lake in NW England, in Cumbria near Keswick. Length: 6 km (4 miles)
- bottle-washer — a menial or factotum
- class-warfare — Also called class conflict. conflict between different classes in a community resulting from different social or economic positions and reflecting opposed interests.
14 letter words containing wa
- basotho-qwaqwa — (formerly) a Bantustan in South Africa, in the Orange Free State; the only Bantustan without exclaves: abolished in 1993
- bophuthatswana — (formerly) a Bantu homeland in N South Africa: consisted of six separate areas; declared independent by South Africa in 1977 although this was not internationally recognized; abolished in 1993. Capital: Mmabatho
- centre-forward — A centre-forward in a team sport such as football or hockey is the player or position in the middle of the front row of attacking players.
- hemingwayesque — of, relating to, or characteristic of Ernest Hemingway or his works.
- inward-looking — person
15 letter words containing wa
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- coldwater-river — a river in NW Mississippi, flowing S to the Tallahatchie River. 220 miles (354 km) long.
- dishwasherproof — (of dishes, cooking utensils, etc.) able to withstand washing in an automatic dishwasher without breaking, chipping, fading, etc.
- fashion-forward — relating to, anticipating, or reflecting the most up-to-date fashion trends
- forward-looking — planning for or anticipating possible future events, conditions, etc.; progressive.
16 letter words containing wa
17 letter words containing wa
20 letter words containing wa
21 letter words containing wa
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
On this page, we collect all words with WA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6097 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.