Words containing ub
3 letter words containing ub
4 letter words containing ub
- aube — a department of N central France, in Champagne-Ardenne region. Capital: Troyes. Pop: 293 925 (2003 est). Area: 6026 sq km (2350 sq miles)
- blub — If someone blubs, they cry because they are unhappy or frightened.
- bubo — inflammation and swelling of a lymph node, often with the formation of pus, esp in the region of the armpit or groin
- bubs — (used as an often insolent term of address) brother; buddy.
- bubu — a long, loose-fitting, brightly colored garment worn by both sexes in parts of Africa.
5 letter words containing ub
- aruba — an island in the Caribbean, off the NW coast of Venezuela, a dependency of the Netherlands with special status; part of the Netherlands Antilles until 1986. Chief town: Oranjestad. Pop: 109 153 (2013 est). Area: about 181 sq km (70 sq miles)
- auber — Daniel François Esprit (danjɛl frɑ̃swa ɛspri). 1782–1871, French composer, who was prominent in development of opéra comique. His works include 48 operas
- bubal — any of various antelopes, esp an extinct N African variety of hartebeest
- bubba — brother
- bubby — a woman's breast
6 letter words containing ub
- akubra — a brand of Australian hat
- anubis — a deity, a son of Osiris, who conducted the dead to judgment. He is represented as having a jackal's head and was identified by the Greeks with Hermes
- aubade — a song or poem appropriate to or greeting the dawn
- aubrey — John. 1626–97, English antiquary and author, noted for his vivid biographies of his contemporaries, Brief Lives (edited 1898)
- auburn — Auburn hair is reddish brown.
7 letter words containing ub
- abubble — (of liquids) bubbling
- aubanel — Théodore [tey-aw-dawr] /teɪ ɔˈdɔr/ (Show IPA), 1829–86, French poet.
- auberge — an inn or tavern
- audubon — John James. 1785–1851, US naturalist and artist, noted particularly for his paintings of birds in Birds of America (1827–38)
- backrub — therapeutic manipulation of the muscles of the back; massage of the back.
8 letter words containing ub
- aubusson — a town in central France, in the Creuse department: a centre for flat-woven carpets and for tapestries since the 16th century. Pop: 4662 (1999)
- blowtube — a tube used for blowing air or oxygen into a flame to intensify its heat
- blubbery — of, containing, or like blubber; fat
- bubaline — (of antelopes) relating to or resembling the bubal
- bubblier — full of, producing, or characterized by bubbles.
9 letter words containing ub
- aracatuba — a city in SE Brazil.
- aubergine — An aubergine is a vegetable with a smooth, dark purple skin.
- aubrietia — any trailing purple-flowered plant of the genus Aubrieta, native to European mountains but widely planted in rock gardens: family Brassicaceae (crucifers)
- bead-ruby — a N temperate liliaceous plant with small white bell-shaped flowers and small red berries
- beelzebub — a god of the Philistines (2 Kings 1:2)
10 letter words containing ub
- afro-cuban — of or relating to a type of jazz influenced by Cuban variants of African rhythms
- aktyubinsk — city in W Kazakhstan: pop. 248,000
- al-ubayyid — El Obeid
- billy-club — billy (def 1).
- blubbering — Zoology. the fat layer between the skin and muscle of whales and other cetaceans, from which oil is made.
11 letter words containing ub
- antecubital — (anatomy) Pertaining to, or situated in the anterior part of the elbow (cubitus).
- anzengruber — Ludwig [loot-vikh,, lood-] /ˈlut vɪx,, ˈlud-/ (Show IPA), 1839–89, Austrian playwright and novelist.
- ashwaubenon — a town in E Wisconsin.
- bhubaneswar — an ancient city in E India, the capital of Odisha (formerly Orissa) state: many temples built between the 7th and 16th centuries. Pop: 647 302 (2001)
- blubberhead — a stupid, inept person; blockhead.
12 letter words containing ub
- bhubaneshwar — a state in E India. 60,136 sq. mi. (155,752 sq. km). Capital: Bhubaneshwar.
- bubblegummer — a young teenager; adolescent.
- connubiality — of marriage or wedlock; matrimonial; conjugal: connubial love.
- desublimated — Psychology. to divert the energy of (a sexual or other biological impulse) from its immediate goal to one of a more acceptable social, moral, or aesthetic nature or use.
- double-blind — of or relating to an experiment or clinical trial in which neither the subjects nor the researchers know which subjects are receiving the active medication, treatment, etc., and which are not: a technique for eliminating subjective bias from the test results.
13 letter words containing ub
- antisubmarine — (of weapons, missiles, etc) designed to combat or destroy submarines
- aubervilliers — an industrial suburb of Paris, on the Seine. Pop: 63 136 (1999)
- brass-rubbing — an antiquarian's technique for copying designs from incised brass memorial slabs and the like.
- chateaubriand — François René (frɑ̃swa rəne), Vicomte de Chateaubriand. 1768–1848, French writer and statesman: a precursor of the romantic movement in France; his works include Le Génie du Christianisme (1802) and Mémoires d'outre-tombe (1849–50)
- disubstituted — containing two substituents.
14 letter words containing ub
- antirepublican — opposed to the principles or practice of republicanism
- consubstantial — (esp of the three persons of the Trinity) regarded as identical in substance or essence though different in aspect
- countersubject — (in a fugue) the theme in one voice that accompanies the statement of the subject in another
- double-crosser — to prove treacherous to; betray or swindle, as by a double cross.
- double-dealing — duplicity; treachery; deception.
15 letter words containing ub
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
- consubstantiate — (of the Eucharistic bread and wine and Christ's body and blood) to undergo consubstantiation
- double-barreled — having two barrels mounted side by side, as a shotgun.
- double-breasted — (of a coat, jacket, etc.) overlapping sufficiently in front to allow for two rows of buttons.
- double-declutch — to change to a lower gear in a motor vehicle by first placing the gear lever into the neutral position before engaging the desired gear, at the same time releasing the clutch pedal and increasing the engine speed
16 letter words containing ub
- double-barrelled — A double-barrelled gun has two barrels.
- double-breasting — the practice of employing nonunion workers, especially in a separate division, to supplement the work of higher-paid union workers.
- double-clutching — (of a bird) to produce a second clutch of eggs after the first has been removed, usually for hatching in an incubator.
- insubstantiality — not substantial or real; lacking substance: an insubstantial world of dreams.
- kingdom-of-nubia — a region in S Egypt and the Sudan, N of Khartoum, extending from the Nile to the Red Sea.
17 letter words containing ub
- consubstantiation — the doctrine that after the consecration of the Eucharist the substance of the body and blood of Christ coexists within the substance of the consecrated bread and wine
- countersubversive — Also, subversionary [suh b-vur-zhuh-ner-ee, -shuh-] /səbˈvɜr ʒəˌnɛr i, -ʃə-/ (Show IPA). tending or intending to subvert or overthrow, destroy, or undermine an established or existing system, especially a legally constituted government or a set of beliefs.
- non-subordination — the act of placing in a lower rank or position: The refusal to allow women to be educated was part of society's subordination of women to men.
- republic-of-china — People's Republic of, a country in E Asia. 3,691,502 sq. mi. (9,560,990 sq. km). Capital: Beijing.
18 letter words containing ub
- hyperbilirubinemia — an abnormally high level of bilirubin in the blood, manifested by jaundice, anorexia, and malaise, occurring in association with liver disease and certain hemolytic anemias.
- pseudotuberculosis — an acute, sometimes fatal disease of rodents, birds, and other animals, including humans, caused by the bacterium Yersinia (Pasteurella) pseudotuberculosis, and characterized by the formation of nodules resembling those that result from tuberculosis.
- sub-classification — to arrange in subclasses.
21 letter words containing ub
- intersubstitutability — a person or thing acting or serving in place of another.
27 letter words containing ub
- publius-licinius-valerianus — (Publius Licinius Valerianus) died a.d. c260, Roman emperor 253–60.
32 letter words containing ub
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with UB. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3478 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains UB that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.