Words containing th
4 letter words containing th
- acth — adrenocorticotrophic hormone; a polypeptide hormone, secreted by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, that stimulates growth of the adrenal gland and the synthesis and secretion of corticosteroids. It is used in treating rheumatoid arthritis, allergic and skin diseases, and many other disorders
- bath — A bath is a container, usually a long rectangular one, which you fill with water and sit in while you wash your body.
- beth — the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet (ב) transliterated as b
- both — You use both when you are referring to two people or things and saying that something is true about each of them.
5 letter words containing th
6 letter words containing th
7 letter words containing th
- abagtha — one of the seven eunuchs who served in the court of King Ahasuerus. Esther 1:10.
- abgatha — Abagtha.
- acantha — a pointed, projecting structure, such as a thorn or prickle
- agathon — c450–c400 b.c, Greek poet and dramatist.
- agnatha — the class of vertebrates comprising the lampreys, hagfishes, and several extinct forms, having no jaws or paired appendages.
8 letter words containing th
- abiathar — a priest of Israel and a companion of David. I Sam. 22:20; II Sam. 15:24–36.
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
9 letter words containing th
10 letter words containing th
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- aesthetics — Aesthetics is a branch of philosophy concerned with the study of the idea of beauty.
11 letter words containing th
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
12 letter words containing th
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthetician — a student of aesthetics
- aestheticism — the doctrine that aesthetic principles are of supreme importance and that works of art should be judged accordingly
- aestheticize — make aesthetic
13 letter words containing th
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- aesthetically — in an aesthetic manner
14 letter words containing th
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing th
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
- anesthetization — to render physically insensible, as by an anesthetic.
16 letter words containing th
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
17 letter words containing th
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
18 letter words containing th
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
19 letter words containing th
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
20 letter words containing th
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
22 letter words containing th
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing th
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
24 letter words containing th
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with TH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 18402 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains TH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.