Words containing sto
4 letter words containing sto
- stoa — Greek Architecture. a portico, usually a detached portico of considerable length, that is used as a promenade or meeting place.
- stob — a post, stump, or stake.
- stol — a convertiplane that can become airborne after a short takeoff run and has forward speeds comparable to those of conventional aircraft.
- stop — to cease from, leave off, or discontinue: to stop running.
5 letter words containing sto
- aston — Francis William. 1877–1945, English physicist and chemist, who developed the first mass spectrograph, using it to investigate the isotopic structures of elements: Nobel prize for chemistry 1922
- astor — John Jacob, 1st Baron Astor of Hever. 1886–1971, British proprietor of The Times (1922–66)
- bisto — a preparation for thickening, flavouring, and browning gravy
- gusto — hearty or keen enjoyment, as in eating or drinking, or in action or speech in general: to dance with gusto. Synonyms: enthusiasm, delight, relish, zest, spirit, fervor.
- pasto — a city in SW Colombia. About 8350 feet (2545 meters) above sea level.
6 letter words containing sto
7 letter words containing sto
- alastor — an avenging spirit or demon
- allston — Washington. 1779–1843, US painter and author, regarded as the earliest US Romantic painter. His paintings include Elijah in the Desert (1818) and Moonlit Landscape (1819)
- anstoss — (in the philosophy of Fichte) any of the six successive steps by which the absolute ego attains self-knowledge.
- ariosto — Ludovico (ludoˈviːko). 1474–1533, Italian poet, famous for his romantic epic Orlando Furioso (1516)
- astolat — a town in Arthurian legend: location unknown
8 letter words containing sto
- accustom — If you accustom yourself or another person to something, you make yourself or them become used to it.
- adjustor — a person or thing that adjusts.
- adrastos — a king of Argos and leader of the Seven against Thebes.
- ancestor — Your ancestors are the people from whom you are descended.
- anniston — a city in E Alabama.
9 letter words containing sto
- ahistoric — not related to or concerned with documented history
- alabastos — alabastron.
- antipasto — Antipasto is the sort of food that is often served at the beginning of an Italian meal, for example cold meats and vegetables in olive oil.
- antistory — a story which does not conform to the established conventions of storytelling
- apostolic — Apostolic means belonging or relating to a Christian religious leader, especially the Pope.
10 letter words containing sto
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
- ambystomid — Also called mole salamander. any of various small- to moderate-sized salamanders of the genus Ambystoma, terrestrial or semiaquatic, inhabiting North America from New England to Florida and westward to Texas.
- anastomose — to join (two parts of a blood vessel, etc) by anastomosis
11 letter words containing sto
- agrostology — the branch of botany concerned with the study of grasses
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
- aldermaston — a village in S England, in West Berkshire unitary authority, Berkshire, SW of Reading: site of the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment and starting point of the Aldermaston marches (1958–63), organized by the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. Pop: 927 (2001)
- anastomoses — Anatomy. communication between blood vessels by means of collateral channels, especially when usual routes are obstructed.
- anastomosis — a natural connection between two tubular structures, such as blood vessels
12 letter words containing sto
- amphistomous — (of certain animals, such as leeches) having a sucker at either end of the body
- anastomosing — Present participle of anastomose.
- apostolicity — the quality of being apostolic
- aristocratic — Aristocratic means belonging to or typical of the aristocracy.
- aristophanes — ?448–?380 bc, Greek comic dramatist, who satirized leading contemporary figures such as Socrates and Euripides. Eleven of his plays are extant, including The Clouds, The Frogs, The Birds, and Lysistrata
13 letter words containing sto
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
- agrostography — a treatise on grasses.
- amphistomatal — (of a leaf) having stomata on both surfaces
- astonishingly — causing astonishment or surprise; amazing: an astonishing victory; an astonishing remark.
- ballistospore — a spore, esp a fungal spore, that is forcefully ejected from its source
14 letter words containing sto
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- antihistorical — opposed to history or to methods which emphasize or require historical study
- cholecystogram — the production of x-ray photographs of the gallbladder following administration of a radiopaque substance that is secreted by the liver into the gallbladder.
- cholecystotomy — the surgical procedure of cutting into the gall bladder in order to extract gallstones
- christocentric — having as the theological focal point the teachings and practices of Jesus Christ.
15 letter words containing sto
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- ancylostomiasis — infestation of the human intestine with blood-sucking hookworms, causing progressive anaemia
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
- anti-historical — of, pertaining to, treating, or characteristic of history or past events: historical records; historical research.
- aristotelianism — a philosophical tradition based on the wide-ranging belief system of Aristotle
16 letter words containing sto
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
- cholecystography — radiography of the gall bladder after administration of a contrast medium
- cornet-a-pistons — cornet (def 1).
- hemangioblastoma — (medicine) Any of several benign neoplasm tumours of the brain.
- non-aristocratic — of or relating to government by an aristocracy.
17 letter words containing sto
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- gastroenterostomy — the making of a new passage between the stomach and the duodenum (gastroduodenostomy) or, especially, the jejunum (gastrojejunostomy)
- gastrojejunostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
- histopathological — the science dealing with the histological structure of abnormal or diseased tissue; pathological histology.
18 letter words containing sto
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- duodenojejunostomy — the formation of an artificial connection between the duodenum and the jejunum.
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
- gastroduodenostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
19 letter words containing sto
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- dihydrotestosterone — (steroid) An androgenic metabolite of testosterone; used to treat certain breast cancers.
- pseudo-aristocratic — of or relating to government by an aristocracy.
20 letter words containing sto
- immunohistochemistry — the application of immunologic techniques to the chemical analysis of cells and tissues.
21 letter words containing sto
On this page, we collect all words with STO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2670 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains STO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.